MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #41
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap View Post
You all left too early... or didn't pay attention to what was going on.

Those 'normal' Vettes were both 10 second cars... just because they don't have big ricer wings on them doesn't mean they aren't fast. They'd pull on just about any bike out there last night.

There were a few supercharged and turbocharged S197 Mustangs there... my buddies GT has dragged an R6 a few times and beat it.

There were a few good 'races' set up... Heck, I even raced my Mustang against a dude in in Porsche 911. He got me from a dig but we were neck and neck from a 3mph roll.
Umm..

your not talking about the yellow turbo stang are you?

The R6 he "Beat" was me... On run out of about 8...

I snoozed and rolled in from 6th gear...
sixshooter1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Car/Bike Meet Northside Friday 8/27/10* 5star-zx6r Events, Meets and Rides 54 09-07-2010 11:11 PM
Northside Movie Night FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!! CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 11 08-13-2010 12:46 PM
Northside Movie Night Friday 4.02.10 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 25 04-03-2010 09:04 AM
Northside Friday Movie Night - Harry Potthead CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 124 07-17-2009 03:49 PM
Friday Night...Movie Night! 11-21-08 jenniesweet Events, Meets and Rides 174 11-22-2008 03:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #42
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Here are the pics!

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...07#post1172007
Old 05-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #43
rsxtogsxr56
phat shat

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

yeah, the meet was gay! The best part of the night was going to sams boat.. oh and then passing greg!!! lol
rsxtogsxr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #44
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter1125 View Post
Umm..

your not talking about the yellow turbo stang are you?

The R6 he "Beat" was me... On run out of about 8...

I snoozed and rolled in from 6th gear...
The turbo GT is grabber orange with a boss stripe kit on it...

If this happened on beltway 8 about 3-4 weeks ago then yeah... and you were DEF not in 6th gear. Whomever the rider was was bouncing off the rev limiter trying to keep up.

There was a different yellow GT there with 20s on it... that's a different (slower) car.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #45
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
You all left too early... or didn't pay attention to what was going on.

Those 'normal' Vettes were both 10 second cars... just because they don't have big ricer wings on them doesn't mean they aren't fast. They'd pull on just about any bike out there last night.

There were a few supercharged and turbocharged S197 Mustangs there... my buddies GT has dragged an R6 a few times and beat it.

There were a few good 'races' set up... Heck, I even raced my Mustang against a dude in in Porsche 911. He got me from a dig but we were neck and neck from a 3mph roll.
I have never been to an organized car meet where the car people came over and said hi to the bike people. It just doesn't happen. Maybe its because they know they paid so much more then the bikers and dont go as fast, have as fun and earn as much thumb ups? Other hand, I've seen friendlier bikers at any meet and greet organized by that group. But that's why we ride, we respect and enjoy meeting others with a bizarre deathwish

No offense to anyone; it was something different.
As for the cars, kudos to them if they are 10 second cars. Still burning up money and gas. Anyone can press the right pedal down and go fast, takes a little bit of effort to drag a bike.
Congrats on your friend's mustang pulling on one of the slowest accelerating bikes out there, the R6, especially if from a pull up race when the rider had all the disadvantages if that's the case.
And glad to hear a six cylinder was spanked by an eight from a rolling stop. If it was a newer 911 im sure the awd didn't help the german's design for roll out/centrifical weight. The porsche wasn't designed for that type of driving(weight and rear engine mock), its just an added benefit.

All and all, it was something different. Wish Sonic would have called ahead and mentioned they were out of icecream because I was craving the Orange Cream Slushy.... Had to settle on the strawberry smoothy. Maybe that's why I was frustrated.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #46
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

^^ Why even make a post that makes you sound so ingnorant. ^^

BTW, the Porshe and I went from a 30mph roll... not 3mph roll. And with AWD, the Porsche absolutely has an advantage over a Mustang.

One last BTW, I've dragged my bike quite a bit in the 8 years I've been riding and personally I don't think it's any hard then dragging a car. All you do is point straight and modulate the clutch and throttle. Infact, once you launch a bike it is hands down easier to drag. All you do is change gears, no clutch needed.

Last edited by Steve O Chap; 05-04-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Steve O Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #47
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Quote:
The turbo GT is grabber orange with a boss stripe kit on it...

If this happened on beltway 8 about 3-4 weeks ago then yeah... and you were DEF not in 6th gear. Whomever the rider was was bouncing off the rev limiter trying to keep up.

There was a different yellow GT there with 20s on it... that's a different (slower) car.
Yes the grabber orange car..

Where you there? I rolled in on 6th bro.. I am MORE then happy to run again.. and again...

Yes his car is fast, but not a 10 second car!!!! Maybe a low 12 high 11's..

Lets set something up. And YOU can see with your OWN two eyes.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #48
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Quote:
^^ Why even make a post that makes you sound so ingnorant. ^^

BTW, the Porshe and I went from a 30mph roll... not 3mph roll. And with AWD, the Porsche absolutely has an advantage over a Mustang.

One last BTW, I've dragged my bike quite a bit in the 8 years I've been riding and personally I don't think it's any hard then dragging a car. All you do is point straight and modulate the clutch and throttle. Infact, once you launch a bike it is hands down easier to drag. All you do is change gears, no clutch needed.
I believe his post was very educated...
Old 05-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #49
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Yes the grabber orange car..

Where you there? I rolled in on 6th bro.. I am MORE then happy to run again.. and again...

Yes his car is fast, but not a 10 second car!!!! Maybe a low 12 high 11's..

Lets set something up. And YOU can see with your OWN two eyes.
I was driving the other Mustang just behind you guys... and no way did you roll from 6th. I've been riding 600s on the street and track far too long to know when a 600 is rolling in 6th gear. I saw the grabber pull you once and I saw you pull the grabber once. Each time you were bouncing the rev limiter.

I never once said his car is a 10 second car, I said the two vettes at the meet were 10 second cars. The grabber orange Mustang is a low 12 second car. In all honesty, we were surprised it did do so well against the R6. We've run my F4i (from about 40mph to 90mph) with my other buddies GT that has a very similar set up (a bit slower than the grabber GT though) and I pulled on him, but not by much.

Why on earth would we set something up again? Who gives a t if your bike is faster? Seriously... we're out to have fun, no other reason. There was no t talking involved.

We're out quite regularly at these meets so if you see us, comy by, say hi and we'll run for ts and giggles.

BTW, there was nothing 'educated' about his post. It was all based assumptions and stereotypes. I would think someone who is a motorcyclist (and has to deal with assumptions and stereotypes made about them all the time) would be less likely to categorically assume what he has just done in that post!

Anyways, I don't care too much either way. I just go to these meets to have fun and meet cool people. I did meet a few people from MotoHouston there on Friday night. Some dude with the yellow Ducati and a guy with a GSXR. (Sorry, forgot their names)

BTW, I was also that Sonic didn't have any icecream.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #50
JaxBlack
Louder than you!

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 - Stolen
Too Many to list

Quote:
I was driving the other Mustang just behind you guys... and no way did you roll from 6th. I've been riding 600s on the street and track far too long to know when a 600 is rolling in 6th gear. I saw the grabber pull you once and I saw you pull the grabber once. Each time you were bouncing the rev limiter.

I never once said his car is a 10 second car, I said the two vettes at the meet were 10 second cars. The grabber orange Mustang is a low 12 second car. In all honesty, we were surprised it did do so well against the R6. We've run my F4i (from about 40mph to 90mph) with my other buddies GT that has a very similar set up (a bit slower than the grabber GT though) and I pulled on him, but not by much.

Why on earth would we set something up again? Who gives a t if your bike is faster? Seriously... we're out to have fun, no other reason. There was no t talking involved.

We're out quite regularly at these meets so if you see us, comy by, say hi and we'll run for ts and giggles.

BTW, there was nothing 'educated' about his post. It was all based assumptions and stereotypes. I would think someone who is a motorcyclist (and has to deal with assumptions and stereotypes made about them all the time) would be less likely to categorically assume what he has just done in that post!

Anyways, I don't care too much either way. I just go to these meets to have fun and meet cool people. I did meet a few people from MotoHouston there on Friday night. Some dude with the yellow Ducati and a guy with a GSXR. (Sorry, forgot their names)

BTW, I was also that Sonic didn't have any icecream.
LOL. He is a BMW mastertech and knows more about cars than 99% of the people IN cars at that meet. Everyone on sportbikes WAS from Motohouston not just the guy on the Ducati and the guy with the GSXR.

I believe YOUR statements are based on assumptions and stereotypes. If you were really there to have fun you wouldn't come back on the forums here talking .

BTW I AM the guy on the GSXR you met and my name is Greg.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #51
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlack View Post
LOL. He is a BMW mastertech and knows more about cars than 99% of the people IN cars at that meet. Everyone on sportbikes WAS from Motohouston not just the guy on the Ducati and the guy with the GSXR.

I believe YOUR statements are based on assumptions and stereotypes. If you were really there to have fun you wouldn't come back on the forums here talking .

BTW I AM the guy on the GSXR you met and my name is Greg.

I'm glad your buddy is a Mastertech. I'm a Marketing Manager... neither has any relevance to the post. What from his post reflects his knowledge about cars and isn't opinion/assumption based?

Please indicate one assumption I made.

I never said the other riders weren't from MotoHouston. All I said was that I met two of the riders.

I never t talked anyone... that's not my style. All I said was my friend beat an R6 in his turbo'd GT. I'll stand by that comment, despite what sixshooter says about his gearing. I was there and saw it. That is not talking...

Nope, you're not the person I met... his name wasn't Greg. Still can't remember it though.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #52
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Scott w the Ducati, Paul and Chris with the gsxrs...

I was referencing your post where you typed 3mph... It was in the quote. A 30mph start does make a difference.

An AWD vehicle off the line has an advantage since it can drop the clutch and put all the engine torque to the ground continuously(unless using a viscous clutch with offset slip ratios, in which the rear wheels have potential to spin and lose grip) and the disadvantage of powertrain loss to centrifical components will come in almost immediately afterwards. If the 911 had additional power ie turbos, the power would begin to compensate for the additional powertrain weight.

A rear wheel drive vehicle that can hook up will lose advantage initially if it slips to a vehicle that can power four wheels to grip but once the weight shift occurs and the majority of the vehicle weight rests at 80-60% axle aspec the rear wheel drive vehicle has the advantage especially with less rotational components.

And I blame Sonic for not having icecream.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #53
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Old 05-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #54
Trailerdgixx6
Seriously?

Bike(s):
01 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Trailerdgixx6
We came, we saw, we left.......end of story lol.
Trailerdgixx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #55
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

where were yall racing? On 45?
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #56
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
girl, you know the only thing he focuses on is just below our necks

j/k Greg, you know I luv ya man

she was talking about a Ford Focus. themz some mean machinez.

i love cars of all kinds. i can appreciate a well built machine, as long as it isnt riced out.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #57
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

gosh, u guys took a nasty turn.....

i was just simply trying to inform some of the bikers that this wont be our favorite meet by far, and we should just stick to our kind of meets, if we are looking for a little more fun....thats all.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #58
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

No biggie..
Old 05-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #59
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
No biggie..
We all still friendz...
Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #60
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Quote:
We all still friendz...
Yes sir!!

Where you in the Stoopercharged stang or the C/S?

Advertisement