MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2005, 12:43 AM   #41
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

edit:

nevermind

Last edited by arturo3rd; 10-29-2005 at 12:55 AM.
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help a nooob!!! Se7eN73 How To's and Q & A's 16 06-02-2010 12:59 PM
the call out outlaw 4 Events, Meets and Rides 66 02-26-2010 07:51 AM
I GOT THE CALL FastLine Off Topic 27 12-23-2008 06:04 PM
First call lisiecki1 Motorcycles Unlimited 4 07-23-2008 10:45 PM
CALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!! B.S. Motorsports Taking it to the Track 139 05-20-2006 04:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #42
EFmang
secret AGENT

Send a message via AIM to EFmang
CAN YOU NOT READ????? I TOLD YOU ON MORE THEN ONE POST I NEVER TOOK THE CLUTCH APART, I SIMPLY TOOK THE CASE OFF..... AND I DIDNT THINK TO CHECK FOR EVERY BOLT LIKE OIL PAN AND GAS TANK VENTS ECT........ I MEAN IF YOU DROPED 3,000 DOLLARS FOR A CASEING SWAP WOULD YOU THINK TO CHECK THE OIL PAN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SHOP IS A WELL KNOWN ONE. AND I DID NOT EBAY THE BIKE.. I GOT A REAR SET FROM EBAY THAT WAS USED.. THE REST WERE OEM PARTS STILL IN THE PACKAGE.. YEAH YOU GO AHEAD AND DEFEND YOU BOYFRIEND OR HUSBAND. IM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW IT WAS DONE WRONG... AND ALSO.................. HOW MANY SHOPS DO YOU KNOW THAT ACTUALLY WANT TO TAKE BLAME IN A UP..........AND THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT. ITS BLAME THE CUSTOMER FOR BRINGING IN A BIKE AND SPENDING 3,000 DOLLARS AND THEN WHEN SOMTHING BREAKS ... OPPPS THATS MY FAULT. ......... YOU STILL HAVENT EXPLAINED WHY PARTS WERE MISSING AND WHY THE PLATES CAME OFF IN THE WRONG ORDER EVEN AFTER I TOLD YOU 3 SEPARATE TIMES I DID NOT TAKE IT APART.
EFmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:17 AM   #43
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

fight?
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:04 AM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFmang
YOU STILL HAVENT EXPLAINED WHY PARTS WERE MISSING AND WHY THE PLATES CAME OFF IN THE WRONG ORDER EVEN AFTER I TOLD YOU 3 SEPARATE TIMES I DID NOT TAKE IT APART.
um, cuz yammy shop wanted more excuse why not to give you a warranty?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #45
EFmang
secret AGENT

so they just made it up?? their is no order nor were there any parts missing off the bike it was all a lie?????? just so yamaha didnt have to warrenty it???

OH AND AS FOR YAMAHA WARRENTY WORK THEY DONT CHECK THE ENGINE NUMBER ONLY THE VIN ON THE BIKE CUZ IT WOULD HAVE WORKED UNTILL THEY NOTICE SOME ON PUT THE IN WRONG...
Old 10-30-2005, 02:24 AM   #46
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

awating responce,,,,

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #47
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
you act like you take care of your bike and you didnt even realize there was stuff missing?
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #48
EFmang
secret AGENT

SO WHEN YOU SPEND 3,000 DOLLARS ON THE BIKE YOU WOULDNT THINK THE JOB WAS DONE RIGHT AND WOULD HAVE CHECKED EVERY NUT AND BOLT. THAT SHOWS THAT SPENDING 3,000 DOLLARS AND YOU STILL DO NOT TRUST THE SHOP THAT DID THE WORK..... SEE I SPENT 3,000 DOLLARS AND TRUSTED THE WORK ... I NOTICED PARTS WERE MISSING WHEN I HAD TO TAK THE OIL PAN OFF TO FISH OUT THE 30 PEICES OF THE CLUTCH DISK.... NOW IM DONE TRYIN TO ARGUE WITH YOU FOOLS THAT WERE NOT THERE AND DIDNT HAVE A DIRECT PHONE CONVORSATION WITH ME.... CUZ " YOU STANDING THERE WILL I WAS ON THE PHONE" IS HERE SAY AND AINT WORTH A YOU DIDNT TALK TO ME AND THE REST OF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHT HAPPEND.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #49
zero4o3

this may be a dumb questions but... which disks where shatterd? like on the diagram you posted which numbers
Old 10-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #50
EFmang
secret AGENT

there were a few diffrent ones. in diffrent spots.. 1 like 2nd disk from the front and then some more from the middle... i dont really remember the excact number this was over a month ago.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #51
zero4o3

oh ok i was just wondering how many it actually broke cause i had never seen you say, just wondering dosnt really matter
Old 10-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #52
EFmang
secret AGENT

shatter 1-2 completly into peices in the bottom of the pan... and the other 1-2 were just broke.. ill take pics soon,..
Old 10-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #53
zero4o3

i was just wondering because mos of the disks look simular and i was wondering how they could just break like that, you would think if they where out of order and it was putting as much extra stress on it that it must have been to break 4 of them that you would have felt/noticed it wasnt working right.

you know what i mean? how long did you ride it before it happend,

(im not saying it wasnt put back together wrong) im just looking for details that i might have missed
Old 10-30-2005, 05:27 PM   #54
EFmang
secret AGENT

well i was about a block from my house.. like .5 miles when i went into a turn applied the clutch and nothing the clutch didnt crab then i tryed again and it worked.. when i got to a stop sign i released the clutch slow. and it acted as if i poped the clutch and stalled.. it did this 3 times in a row..when i made it to the house.. i opend the lil oil cap and looked into the clutch case and it looked like the clutch disks were wobbleing. and then it sounded like a loose bolt dropped in there.. and rattled so i turned the bike of then i took the cover off and found the disks were broken.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #55
zero4o3

so it was like half a mile after you came out of the shop?
Old 10-30-2005, 10:36 PM   #56
EFmang
secret AGENT

nooooo..... it was a few thousand after i got it outa the shop... i was .5 mile for the house when it happend.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #57
zero4o3

oh ok thats what i thought orignialy, so you didnt notice anything about the way the clutch felt during that time? i was just wondering how it could be putting enough stress on the plates to shatter them and you not notice you know what i mean? just wondering if there is anything else that could cause the disk to fracture
Old 10-30-2005, 11:31 PM   #58
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

I don’t know man i mean i know you and i believe you but at the same time it sounds as though you and what ever this shops name is sorry guys im bad with names... are basically saying the same story the only people un accounted for is Yamaha... Iv seen it a million times man. you and this shop should meet discuss this thing out then figure out the best solution and if need be pursue this thing together...

Just my 2cents man i mean this could go on forever and i love to post but i would like this resolved one way or another...

I hope nobody was offended or anything I mean to me that just seems like the best and most practical thing to do o ya the shops name is metric lol just remembered….

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:37 AM   #59
cytukyl

Bike(s):
01 red/white R6 badass edition
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Squid
Ok, kiddo, I understand your frustration but let me share the third side of this story given I was there that Saturday when you called.

Andy did your motor work several months ago. And did a good job. Then you call him that Saturday and tell him that you were pulling wheelies when your clutch let go, but wouldn't/couldn't bring it to the shop because you are such a great mechanic yourself and wrench on your own stuff all the time. Ok, fair enough. Then you called him a dozen time that day asking about how to pull the clutch out, what to look for, how to install it. And THEN, after having him talk you through all that on the phone for nothing, you have the gall to call him from some Yamaha dealership and ask whether he should bring the bike to Andy.

So let me get this straight. You blow the clutch pulling wheelies, which has NOTHING to do with motor work done several months before, then you pull it apart and reinstall it incorrectly all the while blaming it on the shop but not giving them a chance to inspect it or stand behind their warranty, then you waste their time getting free advice all day and you STILL take it to another dealership - what the did you expect him to say?!

If you were a man about it you would have gone by the shop and actually talked to him face to face and sorted it out like a man, instead of breaking something, being too afraid to admit your own incompetence and blaming it all on someone else. Metric ALWAYS stands behind its work, whether it is suspension, motor or anything else, and if you treat them with respect they will go out of their way, above and beyond their duty, to make sure you are on the road safe and sound. Taking advantage of their time and then taking your bike to someone else without even giving them a chance to look at it is disrespectful to say the least, and smells of fraud to me.

My $.02 from someone who actually witnessed the whole thing. Now be a man and call him, 713-334-8030 and work it out. The rest of you are welcome to call him in person as well and find out for yourselves. There are few people in this town, let alone mechanics, who are as honest to the point of stupid as Andy is.

2shay!!!!!!!! , there is always more to the story than it seems and someone is always in the wrong , i was just about to comment about metric till i read ur post, sure mechanics have fukd up but i know metric defenetly stands BEHING THERE WORK, they have never screwed me over once and they have ALWAYS gone out of there way to help me out, they are awsome people...he also put in a new clutch on my bike and its still working perfectly

heres a question, how long did u wait till u started popping wheelies with the new clutch????
cytukyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:53 AM   #60
cytukyl

Bike(s):
01 red/white R6 badass edition
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

we need to stop jumping to conclusion and stop bashing the little mom and pop shops (ex. metric, motorcyclesunlimited....) bc of them is why we dont get screwed over by these HIGH RISE dealerships that milk us for all the money they can have
cytukyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement