Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #61
D-Mo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
I would LOVE to know precisely how a murder charge is justified based on the information provided in the article, D-Mo.

If a kid or a dog had ran out instead...you'd charge the kid or dog with murder?

The situation in georgia is different.
I never said anything about a murder charge. If he had stopped safely after getting hit, or even if he wasn't hit at all he could have filed charges for anything from assault to vandalism depending on the case. I don't know the whole situation because its just one report and I wasn't there so I just said she needs to be tried & jailed because what she did was unlawful and wrong. What she is charged with isn't up to me, and I personally wouldn't press for murder, but a heavy fine or jailtime wouldn't be unreasonable.
D-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it messed up? or ok? RojerLockless Off Topic 60 08-18-2009 07:35 PM
i think i messed up Azylum Off Topic 15 11-30-2008 10:50 PM
Messed up F4i Prodigy Stunters Lounge 19 10-11-2008 12:21 PM
This is messed up ownage General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 02-03-2006 11:48 AM
.COM may have messed up!!!! dotcom Off Topic 14 09-26-2005 10:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #62
Nonsense

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1999 CBR 600-Wrecked
2000 GSXR 750-Sold
2001 R1-Sold
2005 GSXR 750-Wrecked
2005 GSXR 1000

I Don't Like Fox News Cause They Are Not 100% Truth! I Know This First Hand, And They Do Not Give All The Details! Guy Was Wrong If He Was Speeding In A Neighborhood. Woman Is More Wrong For Throwing At People! What About The Car That Came Out The Side Street? Who Had The Right Of Way??? Fox News Dosent Give All The Details Only Half The Story!

May He R.I.P.
Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #63
sunshyn
Sunshyn

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

It's sad how many people are in here placing blame on the victim. Yes he was wrong for speeding in a neighborhood, but c'mon!!! How can a 57 year old woman be so dang immature. There were plenty of other ways to handle that.

Dave C. ........ How heartless can you be to say that you don't feel sorry for him at all. He lost his life man! That's what you consider fair consequences for freaking Speeding???

RIP fallen rider!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #64
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
It's sad how many people are in here placing blame on the victim. Yes he was wrong for speeding in a neighborhood, but c'mon!!! How can a 57 year old woman be so dang immature. There were plenty of other ways to handle that.
Placing blame? It's pointing out the reality of the situation.

If the woman had not thrown the can, he might have seen the car..he might not.
IF he had not been speeding, he would have had more time to observe & react. That's a fact.

The worlds out there isn't fluffy and cotton coated, and it's not right to hide behind excuses and ignore that part our mistakes and failures play in the accidents that happen.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #65
Skid

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Here's a link to a more detailed article on the event.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...nal-stupidity/

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #66
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Thanks Skid... :-)

"Police have accused a woman of being partially at fault for a fatal motorcycle crash earlier this month because she threw a beer can at the bike just before it crashed.

Georgeanna Crisalli, 57, of 46 Union St., Apt. 2, was charged with felony reckless endangerment this morning.

City police Detective Lt. Thomas DiMezza said David Rivera, 50, of Fort Plain, was speeding down Union Street when Crisalli threw a beer can at him and caused him to turn his head. Witnesses said the motorcycle then started to wobble, according to DiMezza, and Rivera was unable to avoid a car that pulled out of Glen Avenue. Rivera struck his head on the vehicle's bumper causing his fatal injuries.

“We feel that this is similar to someone standing on an overpass and throwing a rock at a car,” DiMezza said. “There is always some indication when you do that that there is a depraved indifference to life and it could cause someone's death.”

DiMezza said speed still appears to be the main cause of the April 8 accident that killed David Rivera, 50, of Fort Plain. While investigators have not been able to determine an exact speed, DiMezza said it appeared Rivera was going faster than 60 mph. The speed limit in the area is 30 mph.

Crisalli could face as much as 2-1/3 to 7 years in prison on the felony charge, according to Montgomery County District Attorney James Conboy.

“If you have a problem with speeding motorists, you don't take it into your own hands,” DiMezza added. “You call the police, and we'll take care of it.”

DiMezza said the driver of the other vehicle, Pablo Rodriguez, 20, of Amsterdam, has not been ticketed. "
Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #67
navigator
Senior Citizen

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I'm going to have to stop waiving at other motorcyclists. It could take their attention away from the road, causing them to lose control of said motorcycle, possibly causing injury to themselves or others.

What a load of . He turned his head and the bike started to wobble. What was he riding? A unicycle. Sounds to me like he was an unsafe rider who had no business on the road anyway.

We have a world full of people who won't accept responsibility for their own actions. Next thing you know his family will file a law suit against both Grandma and Budweiser.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #68
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

if this was a reoccuring problem then why wouldn't she have reported it to authorities and let them set up a sting instead of taking matters into her own hands. I agree that the roll she played may have had some to do with his crash but if he was traveling at a high rate of speed and someone pulled in front of him then that does put a bit more perspective on the whole thing. It's a shame no matter the details. You can't hide when it's your time.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #69
Dgig

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

So if he wasnt speeding and all this chit happened still died then what he was doing only 60,speed limit 30 thats for cars that have four wheels and he had half that its all good I would say he was crusing,,,I know go ahead hate me.. but biker not at fault at all I would say What if he happen to be crusing by after a big group flew by and he had to take the chit for it
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #70
Charliebrown

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
zzr

**** that , burn her alive
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #71
D-Mo

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Quote:
Thanks Skid... :-)

"Police have accused a woman of being partially at fault for a fatal motorcycle crash earlier this month because she threw a beer can at the bike just before it crashed.

Georgeanna Crisalli, 57, of 46 Union St., Apt. 2, was charged with felony reckless endangerment this morning.

City police Detective Lt. Thomas DiMezza said David Rivera, 50, of Fort Plain, was speeding down Union Street when Crisalli threw a beer can at him and caused him to turn his head. Witnesses said the motorcycle then started to wobble, according to DiMezza, and Rivera was unable to avoid a car that pulled out of Glen Avenue. Rivera struck his head on the vehicle's bumper causing his fatal injuries.

“We feel that this is similar to someone standing on an overpass and throwing a rock at a car,” DiMezza said. “There is always some indication when you do that that there is a depraved indifference to life and it could cause someone's death.”

DiMezza said speed still appears to be the main cause of the April 8 accident that killed David Rivera, 50, of Fort Plain. While investigators have not been able to determine an exact speed, DiMezza said it appeared Rivera was going faster than 60 mph. The speed limit in the area is 30 mph.

Crisalli could face as much as 2-1/3 to 7 years in prison on the felony charge, according to Montgomery County District Attorney James Conboy.

“If you have a problem with speeding motorists, you don't take it into your own hands,” DiMezza added. “You call the police, and we'll take care of it.”

DiMezza said the driver of the other vehicle, Pablo Rodriguez, 20, of Amsterdam, has not been ticketed. "
Sounds like a reasonable course of action to me. I had thought, given the ages listed for those involved, that a bit more wisdom and understanding of jurisprudence would be present. I'm sure I'll forget in about a week or two, but It would be interesting to see how this ends.

Last edited by D-Mo; 04-25-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Quote for Clarification, burning alive might be a bit much...
D-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #72
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Mo View Post
Sounds like a reasonable course of action to me. I had thought, given the ages listed for those involved, that a bit more wisdom and understanding of jurisprudence would be present. I'm sure I'll forget in about a week or two, but It would be interesting to see how this ends.
I like what they're talking there too.

Quote:
So if he wasnt speeding and all this chit happened still died then what he was doing only 60,speed limit 30 thats for cars that have four wheels and he had half that its all good I would say he was crusing,,,I know go ahead hate me.. but biker not at fault at all I would say What if he happen to be crusing by after a big group flew by and he had to take the chit for it
Punctuation is your friend... for anyone that might be confused by ^

"So if he wasn't speeding and all this 'chit' happened and he still died, then what? He was only doing 60, speed limit 30, thats for cars that have four wheels and he had half that. It's all good, I would say he was cruising...I know go ahead and hate me, but biker not at fault at all. I would say 'what if he happen(ed) to be crusing by after a big group flew by and he had to take the 'chit' for it?"

Ok...now first, a speed limit is for motorized vehicles...not one type over another. Residential area, speed limit 30...60 mph is just friggin stupid. The guy gave himself NO kind of safe window to stop or react to anything. He was asking for an accident.
So hate you, nah...accuse you of being stupid? Yep.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #73
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04

This will be good for her defense. another way police actions hindering DA action

again no one mentions if the can made contact with him or not. so she is being charged with felonly r endangerment for a case of distraction. (fair warning to all the hot women that causes wrecks. )

We feel that this is similar to someone standing on an overpass and throwing a rock at a car,” DiMezza said. “There is always some indication when you do that that there is a depraved indifference to life and it could cause someone's death.”

why does he not hurt the case even more?

should she really be charged? ask yourself this.

If you have a problem with speeding motorists, you don't take it into your own hands,” DiMezza added. “You call the police, and we'll take care of it.”

unrelated stipulation. has not been proven.

DiMezza said the driver of the other vehicle, Pablo Rodriguez, 20, of Amsterdam, has not been ticketed

Why not? if she was charged. was he not the primary cause of the accident? [/B]
Old 04-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #74
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

To address/clarify my earlier statement...

Figure reaction time 2.3 seconds...60mph, that's 202.4 FEET traveled before you begin to react to something.

Now lets take breaking distance into account...
60 mph? http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_9...ips/index.html

"For our final test, we modulated both the front and rear brakes simultaneously. Not surprisingly, we brought the motorcycle to a stop in the shortest distance of the three tests: 146 feet. Both brakes together undoubtedly provides the best braking performance."

So, for 60mph... at BEST he need 346 feet to see & react to the car. That's over 115 yards.

The old woman distracted him, he'd put himself and others in the area in danger before then.

Quote:
DiMezza said the driver of the other vehicle, Pablo Rodriguez, 20, of Amsterdam, has not been ticketed
Why not? if she was charged. was he not the primary cause of the accident?
He was backing his car out... how/why should be be expecting or be looking for a vehicle doing 60mph?

Last edited by Ulric; 04-25-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #75
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
To address/clarify my earlier statement...

Figure reaction time 2.3 seconds...60mph, that's 202.4 FEET traveled before you begin to react to something.

Now lets take breaking distance into account...
60 mph? http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_9...ips/index.html

"For our final test, we modulated both the front and rear brakes simultaneously. Not surprisingly, we brought the motorcycle to a stop in the shortest distance of the three tests: 146 feet. Both brakes together undoubtedly provides the best braking performance."

So, for 60mph... at BEST he need 346 feet to see & react to the car. That's over 115 yards.

The old woman distracted him, he'd put himself and others in the area in danger before then.

He was backing his car out... how/why should be be expecting or be looking for a vehicle doing 60mph?

Exactly. she was just littering (can you prove she was throwing it to hit him or distract him, hard to do that) . how why should she be responsible for him turning his head?
when did distraction become against the law?

I am willing to bet anybody that this case will be dropped or the charges expunged in place of lesser.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #76
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
[/B]

Exactly. she was just littering (can you prove she was throwing it to hit him or distract him, hard to do that) . how why should she be responsible for him turning his head?
when did distraction become against the law?

I am willing to bet anybody that this case will be dropped or the charges expunged in place of lesser.
Im guessing/betting either a 3rd party witness, or the woman told them/admitted to it.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #77
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgig View Post
Are you on acid???

I've read this three times and still can't figure out WTF you're trying to say. Sentences, full thoughts and real punctuation might help a bit.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #78
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Im guessing/betting either a 3rd party witness, or the woman told them/admitted to it.
but was she at at right state of mind? was her attorney present if/when she made that statement? was this before or after her Miranda rights? (was she even taken into custody on the scene?)

how credible are the third party witnesses?

we dont know any of those info do we?

My point is too many people are jumping all over this lady without knowing key information. gota love the uneducated, ignorant public. I wonder if anyone here would even flinch if this was not a rider. blind allegiance at its best.

I wish all cases were this easy.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #79
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Punctuation is your friend... for anyone that might be confused by ^

"So if he wasn't speeding and all this 'chit' happened and he still died, then what? He was only doing 60, speed limit 30, thats for cars that have four wheels and he had half that. It's all good, I would say he was cruising...I know go ahead and hate me, but biker not at fault at all. I would say 'what if he happen(ed) to be crusing by after a big group flew by and he had to take the 'chit' for it?"
Thank you for interpreting the obscure dialog - I couldn't make heads or tails of it. The logic of is still beyond comprehension though.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #80
Dgig

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

Whatever dawg
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement