MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #21
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post
yea that is why i went with the color costa bit more bu nice, i have cleaned it up a bit put some rinhart 2 into 1 and a mini max air cleaner , power commander, new bars , meroros, clear blinker covers ex, i will get some pics up tonight!
take a look at the the nightrider xied's. i put them on my bike and it runs WAY better now, and they're only 100 bucks. they also allow you to keep the O2 sensors, but richen up the closed loop operation to 13.8 AFR instead of the stock 14.7. makes for way better idling, cooler running, quicker roll-on acceleration, and gets rid of the low speed surging. i highly recommend them. check out www.nightrider.com for more details on them. best part about it...they're only 100 bucks!
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Im glad Im a Texan flip326 Off Topic 1 05-21-2012 02:20 PM
im off and im bored im gonna go riding anyone else off and bored?8/04/08 Croe Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-04-2008 03:01 PM
Im also bored...and I dont have cable(Cause Im poor now) Slowkat Off Topic 4 07-16-2007 09:23 PM
Im so ****ing off i dont know what to do, im just seeing red. scrapp Off Topic 49 08-30-2006 07:54 PM
im done with sport bikes i bought me a cruiser PORSCHITO Off Topic 9 02-10-2006 05:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #22
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Out of curiousity, what did Republic do fo ya that GOE wouldn't? or couldn't.

like i said just wondered what'd have ya going to stafford instead of staying in angelton.

(since i know pretty much jack and squat about local dealers, and frankly am looking for any heads-up info i can get)

well , not mouch more realy , goes didnt have the bike, and they didnt want to give what i asked for my busa, but they are a good dealer and the price they have on thier bikes is realy good but, republic gives you gift cards to you and the person that refers you, like my brother got a 100 gc and he gave it to me and when you buy a bike they give you 50 gc, any way goes is good but just shop around to get the best deal!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 AM   #23
Detritus

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Not yet but looking at Honda Shadow Aero

to be honest, i asked b/c i've heard mixed reveiws. and wanted another oppinion to average in in case i'm ever somehow in the market for what they offer.

the times i've been in the staff at Goe have been friendly and all, but they simply don't sell what i'm currently after. HDs are quite well out of my price range (and even if i could afford one, bikes that cost that much are not good first rides), and none of the Kawasaki cruisers have managed to catch my eye. Not Goe's fault in any way.
Detritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #24
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
take a look at the nightster. under 10k and a pretty cool bike. i was going to get one, until i got talked into buying the street bob.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #25
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

yea the nightsters are cool and the vrods are cheap too, nice and have some good power for hd.

the thing with hd is that they have a following and the name is big and that is why the price is so high, they are good bikes and they back them well ,

to me they just dont have the power or the look, i like, i got the softail deluxe couse the wife likes hd and that was the one i liked the best,

i will tell you this i like it a lot more than i though i would, the ride , handling and all that is realy nice, i just had to put some parts on it to make it mine!

love love love the hd, but i still want a 600 or something with some to play with you know!

any way if you are looking for a cruser with some umph look at the suzuki bulavard , spelling may be wrong but i like them.

any way hit me up if you need anyinfo for goes or what not! they are great shop, parts are a bit pricey but the bike price , they will meat or beat anyone!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #26
qwezy

Feedback Rating: (0)

r you going to ride it to MH BBQ on sunday ???? i'll ride my cruiser ! see you there
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #27
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

YEA , I AM GOING TO GET SOME OF MY BOYS AND SEE IF THEY WANT TO COME, ANY WAY YEA I LL SEE YA OUT !

Advertisement