MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #41
bignmz04
My better is better

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Yep Yup. Read the article great read. I would love to own a 1098R, but the base doesn't come with the forged Marachini's, full Terignomi system, Ohlens forks, Ohlens rear suspention, braided Brembo lines and master cylendar ect... By the time I was done with it 16k+listed mods++ I could buy 2 BRAND NEW R1's. That was all I meant. Dont doubt the Duc.
or you could get the s model for 5 grand more than the base.
which has all of the things that you mentioned minus the termis

I am pretty sure the s (or R if i can find one) will be my next bike
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
old man saves cops life in shootout, where's the news coverage??!! bentgixxer Off Topic 5 08-02-2012 12:33 PM
07 streetbike stats and shootout results... Neversatisfied02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-11-2007 08:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2008, 03:53 AM   #42
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
or you could get the s model for 5 grand more than the base.
which has all of the things that you mentioned minus the termis

I am pretty sure the s (or R if i can find one) will be my next bike

Well, you are very fortunate. There is a reason those things come in Ferrari red.
Does the s come with traction control?
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:59 AM   #43
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Well, you are very fortunate. There is a reason those things come in Ferrari red.
Does the s come with traction control?
everybody has a red one. I think blacks look the best. I dont think the s has traction control standard. i know it has dda. and maybe the dda can be upgraded with the TC. dont exactly know for sure.
I am sure someone here who actually owns one will chime in.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #44
rideForrestride

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
R1 - 1:41.20/1:18.00
1098 - 1:43.01/1:18.68
GSXR - 1"41.60/1:18.64
ZX-10 - 1:40.80/1:18.45
CBR - 1:42.1/1:18.2

the r1 did better here than i would have expected.
Evidently you haven't read much about the new R1's. The engines are more for the track than street with more power in high rev ranges and not so much in the low. That's why it doesn't do as well in the 1/4 mile. The new Honda seems to have been balanced more for good low and mid rev power and decent high. We'll see if the other bikes do the same for the future. Personally, I'd like to see the R1 engine more like the old gens' with more power lower in the rev range. Then maybe Yamaha could convince me to get another R1 if I ever have to replace my 2000.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #45
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

1st-5th is all the same. Buy the one that fits you the best and the one that you want to look at the most. These bikes are all so close in performance that there is no difference on the street and such a small difference on the track that only a very small, very skilled handful of people would ever notice.
Jerran V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #46
Ronnie H.
LSTD Mafioso

Bike(s):
02 CRF450, 03 YZ250F, 04 CRF50, 08 Duc 1098, 10 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL View Post
New issue of Cycle News has the 1K shootout.....here are the results:

435lbs
139hp
82.60 ft-lbs
1/4mi 10.41 @ 130.99
That's the base model. Traction control is not a realistic option on the base nor the S but if you are willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money, anything can happen.

The 1098R with the supplied Termi exhaust and race ECU will put down 160+ hp on a dynojet 250!! Torque was 90 ft/lbs!

Italian bikes cost more because they are worth it!

None of the Japanese bikes have traction control! But the system is in place to enable traction control when the race ECU is purchased. Alas Yamaha has yet to implement such a system.

Amaar Bazzaz's ECUs are becoming very popular in racing circles. Both Dane and Ty had systems in use at TWS (Texas World Speedway) when the track record was broken 7 times in one race!

All these bikes are ludicrously fast and the better rider usually wins but in the world of 70mph speed limits, and overzealous cops the Ducati wins for it will pull more "admirers"
Ronnie H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement