MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
JRegSC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650s (sold), Yamaha R6s

Riding to 4/26 Noob Day

I will be attending my first track day on Saturday and I have some concerns around the need to tow the bike. Several of the comments that I have read on MH seem to recommend towing the bike for the following reasons...

1. To have a place to put supplies, leathers, fuel, etc...
2. In the event of a wreck, the bike can be towed home.
3. Because you will be tired at the end of the day.

In order to address these issues, my plan is to have a friend follow behind me in her car. I can load all of the equipment I don't want to or can't ride with into the car. In the event of a crash during the day where the bike becomes inoperable, I plan to call AAA to have them tow me home. I also plan to rest before attempting the 30 min ride home.

I do not have a means of towing the bike. Would this plan be a suitable alternative? I'm also curious as to how many people are planning on riding their bikes to the track on sat or if I will be the only one.
JRegSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N Saturday, 7-26-14, Forest to Yankees, Noob Friendly, Far North, lococnc Events, Meets and Rides 5 07-26-2014 09:59 AM
sunday noob ride 1-26 zx6r-25580 Events, Meets and Rides 27 01-26-2014 10:01 PM
+--------Sat 5/26 noob friendly ride Lucar Events, Meets and Rides 40 05-26-2012 06:43 PM
4/26 Noob Day Rollcall NorthHoustonGSXR Taking it to the Track 68 04-26-2008 12:09 PM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

where are you coming from? There might be someone in your area willing to give you a ride in their trailer.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
JRegSC

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650s (sold), Yamaha R6s

I am in the heights area
JRegSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

you'll be fine with that plan as long as your used to riding long days already. You will be more tired then you think at the end of the day, but the addrenaline alone will probably get you home in the evening. Drink plenty of water out there. You should be peeing after every session on the track. You don't have to ride every session either. There is like 4 hours of track time to be had and the first two sessions are pretty calm. Maybe setout the last session and watch if your really tired before the ride home.
See ya there.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

trust me on this one. i was going to do the same thing on my first Track day. Bring a trailer. You will hate yourself if you dont
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

Definitely look for someone to give you a lift.

I live 5 miles from TWS (Texas World Speedway) I have ridden to TWS (Texas World Speedway) before and had everything all lined out and other stuff brought out later in the day. The ride home was not any fun and making the bike street legal again after a day at the track when all you want to do is sleep is not that much fun and your decision making becomes not the best this can make it difficult to make it home safely.

I would not recommend it if you can at all possibly avoid riding to and from the track but in a bind it can be pulled off.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Nothing wrong with riding to and from track, but it is so much easier and better if you can get a trailer or find someone who can bring your bike for you. At the end of the day you want to be able to relax and reflect on the day, not worry about getting the bike street ready and riding home. U haul rents trailers for like 30 bucks...worth it!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
Blippin-Yellow
Blippin-Yellow

Bike(s):
99' CBR 600F4

Does anyone know if we are going to ride CW or CCW?
Blippin-Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #9
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
CW

try posting up to see if you can get a lift.....last resort, your plan sounds good.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement