MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #61
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
if you are so tired of seeing riders down,, get offf yer lazy and pick em up
ill start with your drunk
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tired Slovy Moto Insurance 1 04-04-2013 12:34 PM
i am tired. zerobounds Off Topic 4 09-19-2010 01:31 PM
Who is tired of politics? RoadracerNC The Circus 23 10-28-2008 09:11 AM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
I'm tired of my bike Kelly General Discussion (Moto Related) 82 04-04-2006 12:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #62
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post

hella yeah and dont forget to put the kickstand when you pick my bike
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #63
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
it is always a yearly trend.
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #64
Whorenet
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #65
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
if you compare this to the number of car accidents, its insignificant enough that motorcycles haven been outlawed in the us.......or any other country for that matter....

you know the risk, put your bike up for the summer if you dont want to face reality.

it does suck to see all the rider down threads, but being safe isnt always the only answer.

its jose garcia thats gonna kill your in houston....cant read the traffic signs so he wont stop for ya.
try to be less racist in this thread, that will bring up a whole next issue about illegals driving with out liscense that should not be limited to hispanics
Old 04-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #66
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
The can of worms has been opened...

but concern for issues can span to obesity and health too... recklessness with a chicken wing takes a little longer to become life changing though
Old 04-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #67
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
The can of worms has been opened...

but concern for issues can span to obesity and health too... recklessness with a chicken wing takes a little longer to become life changing though
lol huh?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #68
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
illegals with out insurace driving around. not only illegals but all the idiots with no license or insurance for that matter. (*can of worms has been dumped)
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #69
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

referencing the generalization of risk... everytime we get on our bikes we are risking ourselves and we all have an opinion about that
Old 04-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #70
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
Quote:
really you dont have abike yet? and im no expert but if you need anything lmk
thanx and belive you me I can use all the 411 I can get. Dont really know if this falls into this topic but before I came through motohouston I was in that phase "I want an R1 now!", but as I sat here and went through topic after topic (without saying a word) I put 2 & 2 together. I put a stop to my quest and did the right thing. So far, THANX TO YOU ALL I HAVE NO BIKE.... YET!! but instead i have a helmet, boots, gloves, 2 jackets, rain overcoat and monkey- powder but most importantly I have taken a step backwards and away from the thought of an R1. Yes I know that MSF is my next step but I am planning to take that as I get closer towards the purchase of my bike and you never know I might hate the feel of the bike through MSF and it may not be for me but that is a price that i am willing to take even if it means loosing my money on what I have purchased so far. So call it what people want but all the jokes towards squids, the hall of shame, and the flaming of certain riders and what not, are all small details that have changed this noob from making a bad choice and I gatta say that I look up to you all no matter what you fall under.

But curious as to know if say that its my 1st day after the purchase of a bike, would it be to much trouble to ask a fellow rider or start a thread and ask to meet at a lot to practice basic movements. I mean dont get me wrong but is that not what we are here for, to look out for one another. Because I feel more relaxed and would love for someone to "spot" me and at me if I do wrong. Would it be so wrong to say that I need help?
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #71
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectikillusions View Post
thanx and belive you me I can use all the 411 I can get. Dont really know if this falls into this topic but before I came through motohouston I was in that phase "I want an R1 now!", but as I sat here and went through topic after topic (without saying a word) I put 2 & 2 together. I put a stop to my quest and did the right thing. So far, THANX TO YOU ALL I HAVE NO BIKE.... YET!! but instead i have a helmet, boots, gloves, 2 jackets, rain overcoat and monkey- powder but most importantly I have taken a step backwards and away from the thought of an R1. Yes I know that MSF is my next step but I am planning to take that as I get closer towards the purchase of my bike and you never know I might hate the feel of the bike through MSF and it may not be for me but that is a price that i am willing to take even if it means loosing my money on what I have purchased so far. So call it what people want but all the jokes towards squids, the hall of shame, and the flaming of certain riders and what not, are all small details that have changed this noob from making a bad choice and I gatta say that I look up to you all no matter what you fall under.

But curious as to know if say that its my 1st day after the purchase of a bike, would it be to much trouble to ask a fellow rider or start a thread and ask to meet at a lot to practice basic movements. I mean dont get me wrong but is that not what we are here for, to look out for one another. Because I feel more relaxed and would love for someone to "spot" me and at me if I do wrong. Would it be so wrong to say that I need help?
lol ggod job on the money but poweder
Old 04-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #72
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
I feel more relaxed and would love for someone to "spot" me and at me if I do wrong. Would it be so wrong to say that I need help?
Touchy subject; but when you get comfortable enough to ride on the streets, we can give pointers as we ride... You'll learn more by riding w a group that will ride with your pace so you can learn lines, watch traffic and make yourself 'seen' on the road.

Female passengers learn alot quicker because they usually rode 2 up w someone and have seen how they ride with groups etc... That said, no... You may not ride on the back of my bike lol...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #73
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
referencing the generalization of risk... everytime we get on our bikes we are risking ourselves and we all have an opinion about that
True. I've noticed a somewhat different outlook on life altogether after I started riding, knowing the risk each time. The times when you feel like you were about to eat it while cornering, or just hearing these accidents makes you feel like your on borrowed time in a way. Why a 2 year old on a tricycle gets run over or seeing what could have appeared to be a preventative accident all effect how we gauge that risk. In any event, it's always good to know you're still around in a sense.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #74
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
When that day comes give me a shout and we'll take an easy ride somewhere to get your feet wet.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #75
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
if you compare this to the number of car accidents, its insignificant enough that motorcycles haven been outlawed in the us.......or any other country for that matter.....

Huh???????????

Are there any supercars top speed limited from the factory???
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #76
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
There is a whole other thread right there... DON'T DRINK N RIDE. I really hate the "alcohol may have played a factor" in some of those RIP threads.

+1 to the helping a friend get a feel for the bike. I sold my 250cc to the woman who took MSF with Squoddy and I. She hasn't been on a bike since the class last August. She asked me to go with her to the school parking lot and "remind" her. After 2 1/2 hours she looked like a pro. Figure 8's, quick stops, shifting. I didn't "TEACH" her anything new. But one of the first things she said asked after 10 minutes was "Why does the bike keep going wrong in the turns?" I reminded her to turn right, push left. Then I lined the bike up and told her to PUSH with her right hand to turn (Front wheel went Left... Go figure) It was like a light went on in her head. Plus she had the shift backwards, so she was trying to start in 4th and down to first. Can you imagine how bad this would have been if she had just gotten her M and gotten on the road with no one to help? Sometimes the reminder is all we need. Plus, it was a lot of fun. She's getting her M this week. Very, very cool!

Good Idea Omega. Find a spot, start a sign up list and see what happens. Bill it as an "I ride better than you do!" Contest
Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #77
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
Huh???????????

Are there any supercars top speed limited from the factory???
Most German cars are for the simple fact of insurance rating. Easily over writtable...

then again, most vehicles are set up as 'family cars' with back seats and seatbelts whether people can actually fit that there or not, for insurance purposes. The 'supercars' in the sense of flagships of speeds from each manufactorers dont concern themselves with the prices of customer services after the sales. Hence the reasons why some of the high end supercars come with the 1000ml/8hr tires.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #78
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
The 'supercars' in the sense of flagships of speeds from each manufactorers dont concern themselves with the prices of customer services after the sales. Hence the reasons why some of the high end supercars come with the 1000ml/8hr tires.

given the fact that 99.9% of kids cannot afford a supercar... Yet most can afford a 10K bike...

thats why there are limits applied to bikes and not "cars" built for maximum speed....
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:57 AM   #79
Solyjr

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Duc Panigale
2012 S1000RR - stolen
2005 R1 - sold
2003 V-max - sold
2000 V-max - sold

Send a message via MSN to Solyjr
It's like someone previously said... Get the class first and foremost...
Then experience, the key is to ride well within your limits when your learning, never ever ever, push yourself or your bike. You can do this solo, or in groups it don't matter, it's nice to get tips but... Tips are someone else's opinion, and opinions can/are like but holes, everyone has one and they all stink! Well maybe not all but...

Anyhow the best thing is time in the saddle, lots of experience, you will learn your bike and yourself

Advertisement