MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #41
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
dude im not teachingt anyone to ride, please go back and read the post i said teach them what to look out for,
You did ask people to teach them here:
Quote:
guess im trying to see if any of the vet riders, meaning people who have been riding for a few years are willing to do some type of teaching to alot of the noob riders out there because summer is coming up soon and like every year more and more noobs come out of the wood works and endanger more innocent people as well as them selves, was thinking like once a month if any one wants to get together and pretty much show them or teach them things that will keep them and other people safe , maybe at a park where an open lot is they can buy everyone lunch, lol, im not good enough to teach anyone so anyone else? :dontknow:
And what I ment is that no one wants to get sued over it. So why would anyone want to offer up their lives to keep someone else "safe"? That is why there are insured places to "teach" people. That is what the MSF is all about. If you want to improve those skills then take the Advanced riders course or better yet, attend a trackday. It is amazing how much one can learn from one trackday. Both places carry insurance to protect themselves in the event that someone is killed.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tired Slovy Moto Insurance 1 04-04-2013 12:34 PM
i am tired. zerobounds Off Topic 4 09-19-2010 01:31 PM
Who is tired of politics? RoadracerNC The Circus 23 10-28-2008 09:11 AM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
I'm tired of my bike Kelly General Discussion (Moto Related) 82 04-04-2006 12:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #42
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
What country were you riding in sir? I know of no place in Texas where the Spped limit is over 70Mph in the Day Time
I meant 75mph like in New mexico.Will the busa even go that fast?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #43
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Busa can go the speed limit it will get there in a hurry and thats all that is legal
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #44
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Mine will in first. what's his excuse? lol...
Old 04-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #45
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Once you get out west of Kerrville heading out towards El Paso on I-10 the limit is 80mph! Believe it or not.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/La...Nation/6$30698
Old 04-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #46
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Once you get out west of Kerrville heading out towards El Paso on I-10 the limit is 80mph! Believe it or not.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/La...Nation/6$30698
that maybe ... but it sure as aint no 95 Anywhere here in Texas
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
Old 04-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #47
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
disagree with some of your points, first off not to many people can keep up with my sv and i know alot of people including myslef when i first started riding a few years back it would of been nice to have some one how to check their bikes out before they ride and how to controll wind pressure, instead of being extremely nervous and feel like your going to wreck, took me years to be just a lil comfrotabkle on the streets, i think alot of people panic when they feel the road dip in turns or there not lookin whrere they need to go and the panic, same goes for when there in high wind situatuions, look at all the threads about bike feels wobbly, just saying give noobs some porinters thats it, no can baby sit ppeople and ride with them always but if what you showed them stick its fine if not then you did your best
I agree also, to some extent... My not being able to keep up on my SV is because it simply cannot go those speeds. I always caught up with the slow group leaders in the corners, but couldn't keep up in the straights and wouldn't even have tried to keep up with any of the fast group (don't misunderstand, I'm not bashing it just saying I won't do it)...

Anway, if you pay attention in the MSF course it tells you how to counter all the situations you talk about but you have to do what you were told. No, they don't hold your hand on the street, but I remember being warned about uneven ground (straights and turns), grooves in the road, winds, slick/wet pavement, gravel, etc. Look where you want to go and make it happen and if it's not working lean harder.

Oh yeah, I paniced my first time for most of the situations you mentioned, but I learned from my experience which is all one can do and no matter how many people tell you something you can only really, truly learn by experience.

Just my opinion.

There are some exceptions to this, yes, but my comments are about the majority...
Old 04-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #48
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #49
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

where are the ladies in the lil short skirts?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #50
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

bpdpastx

teaching what ever theres no fee, its not a class just riders helping riders, and if they want to learn on there stuff on there own no one is advertising a school just lending a helping hand
Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #51
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSki View Post
I agree also, to some extent... My not being able to keep up on my SV is because it simply cannot go those speeds. I always caught up with the slow group leaders in the corners, but couldn't keep up in the straights and wouldn't even have tried to keep up with any of the fast group (don't misunderstand, I'm not bashing it just saying I won't do it)...
That's why I don't go on "that" ride.. I feel no need to run much over 70-80 in the straights... most of the time

Anyone can go fast in a straight line.. it's the turn at the end that gives most people fits....
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #52
ExtremeGas
dont get behind me

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 yamaha r6s

how is it the riders fault when someone pulls out in front of them .... this is ray garza that im talking about ... you added a link to him.... the only reason that a post was put up was to inform others and to ask for prayer seeing as how he has a baby on the way and he is in critical condition....

why make a post adding him in it and talk about how someone should teach them what to do ?

im just saying this may be the case for 50% or so of the wrecks out there but please dont invole threads that are not in that percentage...
ExtremeGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #53
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGas View Post
how is it the riders fault when someone pulls out in front of them .... this is ray garza that im talking about ... you added a link to him.... the only reason that a post was put up was to inform others and to ask for prayer seeing as how he has a baby on the way and he is in critical condition....

why make a post adding him in it and talk about how someone should teach them what to do ?

im just saying this may be the case for 50% or so of the wrecks out there but please dont invole threads that are not in that percentage...
again please read post, the thread were fallen riders, did a search and thats what popped up nevewr said all were riders fault and was not limiting it to those threads, i can go on and on how riders can be more cautious, please read all comment before posting, some thin been discussed already
Old 04-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #54
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGas View Post

Do you know specifics on the accident? Could he have avoided hitting the car with less speed, better braking skills, turned? And would he be in the shape he is in, if he had a helmet on?

Yes it sucks what happened, but could it have been avoided? Probably. I've lost count over the years how many cars have pulled out in front of me, or changed lanes into me, or just plain cut me off. More than a few close calls, but all my street accidents have been rider induced, and usually lack of patience.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"

Last edited by texlurch; 04-21-2008 at 02:58 PM.
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #55
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

seems like everytome i turn on the news or hop on mh theres a new thread about some rider down ex: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ighlight=rider
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ighlight=rider
anyways these are pretty much just for this month alone, and not alll of them by any means, my point is , in alot of ways imho id say most of those crashes were ther riders fault, that may not be fair to say, but from my own exp, there are alot of thing a rider can do to prevent these, such as learning how not to stay in blind spots, not wheeling on freeways, when to pass, learning some basic maintanace on bikes, how to get the feel of wind pushing your , and how to controll it, msf teaches some of these things but many forget about it once there actually riding on highways instead of a parking lot, guess im trying to see if any of the vet riders, meaning people who have been riding for a few years are willing to do some type of teaching to alot of the noob riders out there because summer is coming up soon and like every year more and more noobs come out of the wood works and endanger more innocent people as well as them selves, was thinking like once a month if any one wants to get together and pretty much show them or teach them things that will keep them and other people safe , maybe at a park where an open lot is they can buy everyone lunch, lol, im not good enough to teach anyone so anyone else?

read a little man ... this thread was created because he said alot of people are going down lately ...ray garza happened to be one of them ..... he did not say it was his fault
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #56
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

extreme gas you are really stinking this place up

lol
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #57
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
extreme gas you are really stinking this place up

lol

hey thats my job
Old 04-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #58
Htownz

Member Garage

Why you got to bash the deceased Omega? J/K You'll alwyas find someone on here taking your words out of context. I'd be down to learn or trade tips/techniques at a meet.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #59
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

I agree with Texlurch, most motorcycle accidents are rider induced in many ways. I'm not above this, I haven't wrecked but if/when I do I'll be thinking "what should I have done differently to avoid that" whether it was my fault or not. Maybe I am a sick individual, but EVERY rider down thread I read to see what happened and if it could have been avoided. Most of the time it probably could've been avoided, with the exception of people blowing red lights and not yielding... but could those have been prevented by reading the traffic further ahead than what they were? I'm not bashing anyone, but MSF teaches that a LARGE majority of accidents could be avoided by paying more attention and reading traffic better (in a nut shell).
Old 04-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #60
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
seems like everytome i turn on the news or hop on mh theres a new thread about some rider down ex: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ighlight=rider
anyways these are pretty much just for this month alone, and not alll of them by any means, my point is , in alot of ways imho id say most of those crashes were ther riders fault, that may not be fair to say, but from my own exp, there are alot of thing a rider can do to prevent these, such as learning how not to stay in blind spots, not wheeling on freeways, when to pass, learning some basic maintanace on bikes, how to get the feel of wind pushing your , and how to controll it, msf teaches some of these things but many forget about it once there actually riding on highways instead of a parking lot, guess im trying to see if any of the vet riders, meaning people who have been riding for a few years are willing to do some type of teaching to alot of the noob riders out there because summer is coming up soon and like every year more and more noobs come out of the wood works and endanger more innocent people as well as them selves, was thinking like once a month if any one wants to get together and pretty much show them or teach them things that will keep them and other people safe , maybe at a park where an open lot is they can buy everyone lunch, lol, im not good enough to teach anyone so anyone else? :dontknow:
if you are so tired of seeing riders down,, get offf yer lazy and pick em up
pester is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement