MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #21
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
if they listened they wouldn't be called noobs.

and since I'm somehow, magically the first to ask;

HAVE THEY TAKEN THE MSF COURSE? RACER WANTS YOU TO! DON'T LEARN MISTAKES FROM ANOTHER IDIOT IN A PARKING LOT!
why not if the idiot is alive and been through some then why not learn from other peoples mistakes, and msf? really? msf is great but does not prepare you for houston freeways not sure who your calling the idiot? people teaching them whats up or some dumbass who teaches them to ride in a parking lot?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tired Slovy Moto Insurance 1 04-04-2013 12:34 PM
i am tired. zerobounds Off Topic 4 09-19-2010 01:31 PM
Who is tired of politics? RoadracerNC The Circus 23 10-28-2008 09:11 AM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
I'm tired of my bike Kelly General Discussion (Moto Related) 82 04-04-2006 12:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #22
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
why not if the idiot is alive and been through some then why not learn from other peoples mistakes, and msf? really? msf is great but does not prepare you for houston freeways not sure who your calling the idiot? people teaching them whats up or some dumbass who teaches them to ride in a parking lot?
most of the dumbasses have been riding longer then you've been alive let alone riding, so they may have a few words of wisdom.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #23
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
most of the dumbasses have been riding longer then you've been alive let alone riding, so they may have a few words of wisdom.
dude read the other posts didint mean msf instructors mean people who get a bike and have a buddy teach them in a p. lot NON MSF INSTRUCTORS
Old 04-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #24
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Once the MSF course has been taken, the next thing new riders need is experience. I see nothing wrong with being a mentor and riding with them. The idea is not to get them in SMR groups where they are uncomfortable or feel the need to prove something, but to get them out and about where they can apply the things they should have learned in class. Safe mileage with an experienced rider and the opportunity to ask questions as things come up will go a long way toward making them better riders.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #25
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Once the MSF course has been taken, the next thing new riders need is experience. I see nothing wrong with being a mentor and riding with them. The idea is not to get them in SMR groups where they are uncomfortable or feel the need to prove something, but to get them out and about where they can apply the things they should have learned in class. Safe mileage with an experienced rider and the opportunity to ask questions as things come up will go a long way toward making them better riders.

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
thank you thats all i meant
Old 04-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #27
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
Reading and comprehension....................Some don't do both at the same time.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #28
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Talking

Quote:
but im down for beating some sense into people,
Start with yourself

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #29
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Start with yourself

ill start with you and teach you how to pose
Old 04-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #30
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
ill start with you and teach you how to pose
I am the Champ
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
Old 04-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #31
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
I am the Champ
no one can pose it like no fear

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #32
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
I hear you out omega. I see nothin wrong to getting tips or pointers on what to avoid and look out for. I for one have never been on a bike but when I am round bikers I ask simple stupid questions and I take that advice as very helpful. once I find the bike I am lookin for and get everythin in place, I would love for someone to watch over me or give me a hand.
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #33
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

sounds like it is time for another noob ride. Problem is, an afternoon ride will not teach you what you need to know to survive on the city streets. Neither will a track day, altho it will help you to know the limits on the bike and realize how far you can go with it.

Best thing you can do is mentally practice countersteering, make a habit of covering the brakes and clutch, put your head on a swivel, and practice looking 1/4 mile or better down the road.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #34
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectikillusions View Post
I hear you out omega. I see nothin wrong to getting tips or pointers on what to avoid and look out for. I for one have never been on a bike but when I am round bikers I ask simple stupid questions and I take that advice as very helpful. once I find the bike I am lookin for and get everythin in place, I would love for someone to watch over me or give me a hand.
really you dont have abike yet? and im no expert but if you need anything lmk
Old 04-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #35
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
sounds like it is time for another noob ride. Problem is, an afternoon ride will not teach you what you need to know to survive on the city streets. Neither will a track day, altho it will help you to know the limits on the bike and realize how far you can go with it.

Best thing you can do is mentally practice countersteering, make a habit of covering the brakes and clutch, put your head on a swivel, and practice looking 1/4 mile or better down the road.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #36
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

I think that if you have a ride where an old timer could follow you around and then give you pointers Constructive criticism that would be sweet
Old 04-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #37
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
Here's my take... I only went on one of the infamous SMR's, but I did learn a lot about myself. There were 2 groups, I was in the slow one (I ride an SV, come on). I tried to keep up in the beginning, realized I was being an idiot, watched someone wreck because he was in over his head (like me), and realized that I didn't want to be in his position and I could care less what people think. I am better than that and I am above the influence of the peer pressure that gets soooooo so many in dire situations. For some the MSF teaches responsibility and how to ride your own ride above the influence of the dumb , for others it's just a way to get a license with out having a DPS officer follow you around. The latter of the two are statistics and that's the way it is.

When it comes to riding, I personally feel that you cannot save someone's life, only they can save themselves through good training and responsible riding.

Just my 2 pennies for whatever it's worth.

EDIT: Oh yeah, after I witnessed my first wreck, I rode within my limits and had a great time on that ride.

Last edited by JSki; 04-21-2008 at 02:06 PM.
JSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #38
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I think that if you have a ride where an old timer could follow you around and then give you pointers Constructive criticism that would be sweet
We did one last year and it was a success! Never went over 95 the entire day and no wrecks! Good people, great weather, excellent food, and lots of helpful info being shared at every stop.

THIS IS MAKING WANT TO RIDE THE STREETS AGAIN
Old 04-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #39
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSki View Post
Here's my take... I only went on one of the infamous SMR's, but I did learn a lot about myself. There were 2 groups, I was in the slow one (I ride an SV, come on). I tried to keep up in the beginning, realized I was being an idiot, watched someone wreck because he was in over his head (like me), and realized that I didn't want to be in his position and I could care less what people think. I am better than that and I am above the influence of the peer pressure that gets soooooo so many in dire situations. For some the MSF teaches responsibility and how to ride your own ride above the influence of the dumb , for others it's just a way to get a license with out having a DPS officer follow you around. The latter of the two are statistics and that's the way it is.

When it comes to riding, I personally feel that you cannot save someone's life, only they can save themselves through good training and responsible riding.

Just my 2 pennies for whatever it's worth.

EDIT: Oh yeah, after I witnessed my first wreck, I rode within my limits and had a great time on that ride.
disagree with some of your points, first off not to many people can keep up with my sv and i know alot of people including myslef when i first started riding a few years back it would of been nice to have some one how to check their bikes out before they ride and how to controll wind pressure, instead of being extremely nervous and feel like your going to wreck, took me years to be just a lil comfrotabkle on the streets, i think alot of people panic when they feel the road dip in turns or there not lookin whrere they need to go and the panic, same goes for when there in high wind situatuions, look at all the threads about bike feels wobbly, just saying give noobs some porinters thats it, no can baby sit ppeople and ride with them always but if what you showed them stick its fine if not then you did your best
Old 04-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #40
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
We did one last year and it was a success! Never went over 95 the entire day and no wrecks! Good people, great weather, excellent food, and lots of helpful info being shared at every stop.

THIS IS MAKING WANT TO RIDE THE STREETS AGAIN
What country were you riding in sir? I know of no place in Texas where the Spped limit is over 70Mph in the Day Time

Advertisement