MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #21
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
that's what business is all bout con-artists on a "professional-level". thanx for the intel this is goin down for the books
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to buy new laptop. what would you buy? Gixxer Geezer The Circus 45 01-31-2012 08:49 PM
anyone here work at best buy, no i don't you to buy something for me RACER X Off Topic 18 12-03-2009 01:29 PM
what to buy? cameron1507 Off Topic 21 04-04-2009 07:47 PM
to buy or not to buy that is the question S_M_J82 Off Topic 23 10-15-2008 09:29 PM
To buy or not to buy? ( Part II ) da n00b General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 08-09-2007 03:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #22
JSki

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 SV650

If I don't buy it at a local motorcycle shop, I buy from NewEnough.com. Their customer service is second to none. Even on close out items they will refund your money. Yeah, they don't have some items, but that's what Motorcycles Unlimited or True Methodz is for

(Sorry, it was the shameless plug for the day)
Old 04-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #23
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

i've ordered from them a lot and I will continue to order from them, as they gave me hefty discounts and always free shipping.

I highly recommend ordering from them (if not purchasing local)

edit:

i always phone in my order too and they check the availability on the spot...most people rely on the internet way too much and never talk person to person anymore.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #24
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
i've ordered from them a lot and I will continue to order from them, as they gave me hefty discounts and always free shipping.

edit:

i always phone in my order too and they check the availability on the spot...most people rely on the internet way too much and never talk person to person anymore.
Most people rely on the internet and don't talk to people because you don't have to do that anymore with the exception of crappy places like Motostrano.

I usually order on the internet at night when I'm not doing anything else. When these shops are open and answering the phone I'm making money.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #25
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

you can also eaily PM them on supermotojunkie and they will take care of you right away...I know you are a member there...Lol.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #26
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
you can also eaily PM them on supermotojunkie and they will take care of you right away...I know you are a member there...Lol.
You are so right sir! Well maybe I'll try that one day when I'm not so off at them anymore. But after jacking me around three different times, it won't happen soon.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #27
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I recomend Motorcycles Unlimited for parts and gear. never had a problem with them
Fixed!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #28
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Fixed!
Amen!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #29
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:

edit:

i ordered my parts from motostrano over the phone, they said nthing about back order
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #30
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

yeah nothing wrong with Motorcycles Unlimited either, great customer service and they have pretty much whatever u need
Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #31
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
me & my buddy mike have always had good luck with motostrano. sorry to hear about ur issues...
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #32
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

I've had the same crappy experience as many others

Won a jacket from them for CHEAP off e-bay... I had to call three times before they shipped it, which was two weeks later.

I gave them a "POOR" rating on e-bay, so they gave me one right back... sorry mother fuggers!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #33
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
me & my buddy mike have always had good luck with motostrano. sorry to hear about ur issues...
I think they are just scared of you
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #34
motostrano

Hi Adam,

I just wrote you a personal note as well.

Sorry again for the way this order went down. Those SMX boots had been on back order forever and when they finally came off back order, the check-in process in our warehouse took longer than usual. Boots finally got in on Wed and you called on Saturday. Our bad entirely. Down to the wire on that one.
Being from California you know, we're a little slow.

We don't pretend to get every single order right and when we mess up, like any one else, we really do! Fortunately, Motostrano maintains a 99.9% satisfaction rating. As much as I'd like to see it at 100%, I don't think that is possible given the amount of business we do.

Sorry again. Glad you were able to get some boots in any event.

Joe
Old 04-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #35
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by motostrano View Post
Hi Adam,

I just wrote you a personal note as well.

Sorry again for the way this order went down. Those SMX boots had been on back order forever and when they finally came off back order, the check-in process in our warehouse took longer than usual. Boots finally got in on Wed and you called on Saturday. Our bad entirely. Down to the wire on that one.
Being from California you know, we're a little slow.

We don't pretend to get every single order right and when we mess up, like any one else, we really do! Fortunately, Motostrano maintains a 99.9% satisfaction rating. As much as I'd like to see it at 100%, I don't think that is possible given the amount of business we do.

Sorry again. Glad you were able to get some boots in any event.

Joe
WOW! you guys are really nice now that u have been called out, wish u could have been like this months ago when i kept calling about my order. great cover up
Old 04-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #36
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

How about a lil sumthin sumthin to make it right???
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #37
motostrano

i don't see what you mean by cover up
there's not much to cover up here.

if you would prefer me to not respond here, that's a different story. i'm explaining to you what occurred, beyond your rage. i've waited much longer than a month for stuff i actually needed for my motorcycle. back ordered stuff, hard to get stuff, stuff that you need to actually make your bike run. as

in individual consumer myself, when ever i get off at some one, i go and tell them directly. venting doesn't do much for me and i usually get more for ME when i take it up with the company directly, as for some make good, or coupons, free bagels, trip to las vegas, whatever. bug jeez, you go and just puke your guts out on some board and you just lost all your chips for that.

for instance - a couple weeks ago when we sent out some boots late to a guy who i guess had been motorcycling all these years in sandals but scheduled a track day for himself and i guess there were no motorcycle shops within 10,000 miles from his house so he bought them from us a week before his track day - anyway the boots weren't going to show up in time, so rather than let this guy hang out to dry- because he was actually really nice on the phone and obviously wouldn't be very nice come saturday when he would be trying to get through tech with his flip flops on- we decided to over nite a brand new pair of loaner boots for him, at no cost. sure, use them for saturday and send them back when your're done. he did and the crash marks are kind of cool looking on these $300 pair of boots that are sitting like a trophy in our store now. that's the type of stuff that we often find our selves doing as make goods, but it goes both ways.

unfortunately, when a customer is , there's not much any one can do to convince you that we're nice at that instant. i've been in business long enough to know that a dude's ranting on a chat board about how some company wronged them don't get heard for long. folks are here to talk about motorcycles, not shopping, i hope. at least not unhappy shopping. happy shopping yes, like "i found this great deal at so and so and paid $20 less than you did, ha ha ha sucka".

motostrano is a small four person store- though we may seem big and huge, we're not. we're known to be among the better shops out there, with knowledgeable, friendly staff, not just order takers and part number readers. we are mostly known for our massive stock of Supermoto parts and accessories

you were upset because you had to wait for these shoes and then the anticipating finally built up when they were supposed to go out and they didn't. i think we all get that.

now excuse me, i gotta go and do a photo shoot with a very attractive lady for some photos on our home page. check the site later in the week. she's tall, perfectly natural , long legs and she just got a new hair cut.

Last edited by c0rey; 04-26-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: see solracer for sponsorship information
motostrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #38
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

that story about the track day loaner boots is touching. and about writing u guys direct... I CALLED you guys direct, you were . u did nothing about my ORDER GONE BAD. I said "u meen to tell me they havnt even been shipped?? "and u said "no, but we can have them right out to u, probebly be by monday" i relied "no, cancel my order, u didnt tell me they were back order, i wrote an email and noone relied, and when they finely came in, i had to call to tell u guys and tell u to ship them...what is that??? OK MAN ALL IN ALL YOU ARE NOT WELCOME ON MOTOHOUSTON.COM YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME HERE. ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM KNOW ME PERSONALLY,WE ACTTUALLY HANG OUT AND RIDE TOGETHER, SO MOST OF THEM ARE GUNNA TAKE MY SIDE. DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS HELPING YOU OUT??? NO ITS NOT AND I WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT YOU. I ALSO HAVE THE BANK WATHING YOU ANY UPCOMING CHARGING MY CRADITCARD
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #39
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by motostrano View Post
i don't see what you mean by cover up, but we are having one of a deal on z1r helmets right now: http://www.motostrano.com/z1rzrsohe.html.

there's not much to cover up here.

if you would prefer me to not respond here, that's a different story. i'm explaining to you what occurred, beyond your rage. i've waited much longer than a month for stuff i actually needed for my motorcycle. back ordered stuff, hard to get stuff, stuff that you need to actually make your bike run. as

in individual consumer myself, when ever i get off at some one, i go and tell them directly. venting doesn't do much for me and i usually get more for ME when i take it up with the company directly, as for some make good, or coupons, free bagels, trip to las vegas, whatever. bug jeez, you go and just puke your guts out on some board and you just lost all your chips for that.

for instance - a couple weeks ago when we sent out some boots late to a guy who i guess had been motorcycling all these years in sandals but scheduled a track day for himself and i guess there were no motorcycle shops within 10,000 miles from his house so he bought them from us a week before his track day - anyway the boots weren't going to show up in time, so rather than let this guy hang out to dry- because he was actually really nice on the phone and obviously wouldn't be very nice come saturday when he would be trying to get through tech with his flip flops on- we decided to over nite a brand new pair of loaner boots for him, at no cost. sure, use them for saturday and send them back when your're done. he did and the crash marks are kind of cool looking on these $300 pair of boots that are sitting like a trophy in our store now. that's the type of stuff that we often find our selves doing as make goods, but it goes both ways.

unfortunately, when a customer is , there's not much any one can do to convince you that we're nice at that instant. i've been in business long enough to know that a dude's ranting on a chat board about how some company wronged them don't get heard for long. folks are here to talk about motorcycles, not shopping, i hope. at least not unhappy shopping. happy shopping yes, like "i found this great deal at so and so and paid $20 less than you did, ha ha ha sucka".

motostrano is a small four person store- though we may seem big and huge, we're not. we're known to be among the better shops out there, with knowledgeable, friendly staff, not just order takers and part number readers. we are mostly known for our massive stock of Supermoto parts and accessories: http://www.motostrano.com/supermoto.html, but for some real smoking deals, check out our outlet store: http://www.motostrano.net/ and of course our close-out selection is world famous. we are also one of the largest stocking dealers of Alpinestars, unless you are ordering size 9.5 of the venerable smx2 boots in febuary.

you were upset because you had to wait for these shoes and then the anticipating finally built up when they were supposed to go out and they didn't. i think we all get that.

now excuse me, i gotta go and do a photo shoot with a very attractive lady for some photos on our home page. check the site later in the week. she's tall, perfectly natural , long legs and she just got a new hair cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
that story about the track day loaner boots is touching. and about writing u guys direct... I CALLED you guys direct, you were . u did nothing about my ORDER GONE BAD. I said "u meen to tell me they havnt even been shipped?? "and u said "no, but we can have them right out to u, probebly be by monday" i relied "no, cancel my order, u didnt tell me they were back order, i wrote an email and noone relied, and when they finely came in, i had to call to tell u guys and tell u to ship them...what is that??? OK MAN ALL IN ALL YOU ARE NOT WELCOME ON MOTOHOUSTON.COM YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME HERE. ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM KNOW ME PERSONALLY,WE ACTTUALLY HANG OUT AND RIDE TOGETHER, SO MOST OF THEM ARE GUNNA TAKE MY SIDE. DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS HELPING YOU OUT??? NO ITS NOT AND I WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT YOU. I ALSO HAVE THE BANK WATHING YOU ANY UPCOMING CHARGING MY CRADITCARD
I'm right in there with Hooligan!

The cover up is your making it sound like all you did was screw up. Everybody screws up, but it seems to be Motostrano's policy to not have what you advertise, not tell the costumer after he's made the purchase, hold on to his money for as long as absolutely possible, and then do nothing to make it right afterward.

You can make all the nicey nice you want to but the bottom line is I gave you the first chance and you didn't even try to make it right, then I gave you a second chance with the same outcome, and then I was stupid enough to let you do it again. You keep luring people in with deals that will beat anyone on the internet but then you can't deliver, and you keep their money. A decent company (and there are many) won't bill you until they've delivered. If they have to take a return they credit the card they charged within a couple of days not a freaking month.

It would suit me a lot better if you would say "You are right we've been running a screwed up business (then insert excuse) but we are going to change the way we do things and you'll see the difference. Motostrano has been write on other forums for these same tactics also, we are not the only ones with a problem with you. Also you may have a 99% on ebay but I'll bet you don't over your web sales. Of course you don't ask people to rate you there.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #40
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

I think every place I've ordered online, I had to pay up front. I think what Motostrano needs to do is work it into their online ordering system, to alert the potential buyer if a product is back-ordered or not. That would solve this problem. They need to get on the Web Designer/Consultant's , and get him to fix it immediately.

And for the record, based on what I read here, he was refunded his $$ back immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
and did
they cancell your ?
[QUOTE=hooligan;1147384]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
and did
they cancell your ?[/QUOTE

word. I got refund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
at least u got ur money back
However you take Motostrano's responses thus far, on this Forum, the only thing I noticed was that he took the time to respond, which tells me it concerns them (& obviously should). If they were some big corporate company that doesn't give a sh*t, as has been alluded to, then I don't think they would have taken the time to bother with MH.

Just my .02

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 04-26-2008 at 12:33 PM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement