MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Got my race bike back yesterday...

I was hoping to have it back earlier so I could go to the practice day in Angleton, but oh well. I didn't need to take a day off anyway...

At TWS (Texas World Speedway), I was having an issue with the bike at the end of the day- the bike would just cut off like someone turned off the key or hit the kill switch for a fraction of a second and then back on. It was weird. I couldn't find anything in the pits and figured I would let it cool down and try again next session.

I let the bike cool down by riding BC's bike (thanks BC), which was nice, that bike is well sorted

I went out and tried again, but the problem was worse.

I thought it might be an ignition problem or some other electrical issue, and didn't want to mess with it at the track, so I took it in to Metric.

Andy found the problem while it was on the dyno (after he berated me about how inefficient the map I had was...), deep down in the bodywork was a wire that was rubbed and exposed, shorting it out intermittently.

So now, I'm looking at the dyno run and seeing how Andy's right, and there was so much that could be freed up. Enter the Parts Unlimited book... Oh look, a PCIII usb that will work with my quick shifter... how long will that take to get in?

Well, I got a call yesterday that my bike was ready. Dyno'd and installed the new PCIII. Andy found some spare hp, and tuned it where I wanted the power (optimized for the track).

Can't wait until the 28th to see what this is going to do on the track! , I may even come out to a CCS race on Sunday to see if I remember the way 'round the Angleton track...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm back in town and went on a forest run yesterday (go pro video) Doodle General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 07-27-2014 10:35 AM
Someone stole my bike yesterday little kid Stunters Lounge 36 09-13-2009 05:06 PM
yesterday's race re-run? hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-10-2008 07:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Come on out Tom, don't be scared we won't hurt you too bad. Grids are pretty light again this time so it's a good weekend to get yourself back in the race groove. Besides we need more F40 riders........
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Besides we need more F40 riders........
OUCH!

I'm only 38....

I hope I can, it's not looking good though... I'll probably come out for a visit however.

Hope your race day goes well and you get that elusive win!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Andy's the man!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Going to be a bit harder since they now allow the 1098 to run F40 against 750 and 600's. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a 50+ HP difference right out of the box? I guess it will feel that much better to win against that.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement