MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
sunshyn
Sunshyn
 
sunshyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Santa Fe, TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 582

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600









Wanna Laugh??? :keke:

So I'm riding yesterday, trying to get better at turning and stopping, using turn signals, etc. I rode for 3 hours today, all through Santa Fe, Dickenson, and Clear Lake. I stopped at an occasional gas station to have a drink and smoke a cigarette, ya know the usual stuff lol. Well, I decided to conclude my joyous adventure (the first time I took it out of a neighbor hood and went over 30 MPH). I pulled into my storage unit and parked next to my truck. I climb off to put my gear in my truck and start leaning it to rest on the stand. Well, it keeps leaning, OVER and OVER and ..... yep... we both went down. Apparently I forgot to put down the kick stand! Let me just say that with my li'l 120 lb self... pickin that girl up was no easy task! I wasn’t embarrassed really, just laughing my A$$ off, that is until another rider pulled off of NASA RD. and stopped next to me. He asked if I had just layed it down. LMAOROTF. I laughed as I explained my li’l “mis-hap” and thanked him for stopping. He wanted to make sure that I was ok (and prob. to make sure that I was able to get my bike back up off of the ground. Thanks Man!!! (thumbs up)
__________________
Untitled 1 7
sunshyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
keke silverfudge Off Topic 25 09-12-2013 10:02 PM
Bored? Wanna Laugh? TomballD Off Topic 8 03-05-2010 03:01 PM
wanna be stunt kid on fire! (try not to laugh) GRIFF Off Topic 12 12-08-2009 11:10 AM
I JUST WANNA LAUGH SPYDER BITE Off Topic 44 04-16-2009 08:47 AM
got 90 mins? wanna laugh? .... NoFear Off Topic 2 09-10-2008 09:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
chrisd
Senior Member
 
chrisd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans (suburban )
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 502

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'07 750




Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to chrisd
I hope that you never lay it down again, but if you do...
FYI, back up to it with your lower back touching the seat. grip the bike while in the same position. then use your legs, not arms, to raise it. this really works. I seen a 130lbs woman pick up a 400lbs bike using this technique.
chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











sounds like my story. the second day of me owning my bike was the second day of riding EVER. i pulled into a gas station to make a phone call and put the stand down, only i leaned it to the right instead of the left . i almost dropped it but managed to catch it before it hit that "point of no return". wouldnt have been so bad if there hadnt been two dudes sitting in their work trucks on their lunch break laughing their off at me.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
sunshyn
Sunshyn
 
sunshyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Santa Fe, TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 582

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
sounds like my story. the second day of me owning my bike was the second day of riding EVER. i pulled into a gas station to make a phone call and put the stand down, only i leaned it to the right instead of the left . i almost dropped it but managed to catch it before it hit that "point of no return". wouldnt have been so bad if there hadnt been two dudes sitting in their work trucks on their lunch break laughing their off at me.
LOL. Now I don't feel like such a "blonde". Nice to know I'm not the only one.
__________________
Untitled 1 7
sunshyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
Jay
Deleted
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,104

Experience: 5 years











happende to me the first time on a 600 gsxr.......i went around the block, i had just got my license a week earlier....... i stopped at a stop sign and stepped in a pothole......... layed the bike down...... i was embarrased as
__________________
What can I say
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshyn View Post
LOL. Now I don't feel like such a "blonde". Nice to know I'm not the only one.
well, i wasnt always The Chosen One. i had to work at it.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
I hope that you never lay it down again, but if you do...
FYI, back up to it with your lower back touching the seat. grip the bike while in the same position. then use your legs, not arms, to raise it. this really works. I seen a 130lbs woman pick up a 400lbs bike using this technique.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!
 
RinasDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,563


Bike(s):
10 Speed :(









at least you can laugh about it
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






I laid mine down after a weekend of hard riding within 30 secs @ 5 mph of taking off in front of the movie theater....

No one cared to come over as i had my foot trapped underneath eat. Cagers.

My bike flooded, 15mins waiting around before i took off.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch
 
hectikillusions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: houston ( "heights" )
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 991


Bike(s):
in process.....









Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
laughed about the situation? I could only imagine that it would hurt me more than the bike lol. glad that a fellow rider tried to help.
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas
 
Pyrogenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NW Houston-Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 908

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1




Member Garage


Shoooot! I put my foot down too close during a stop DURING THE FRIGGIN ERC AT MANCUSO - and couldn't catch it! It was a gentle ease-down that I couldn't reverse - did no damage other than to my ego...
__________________
Pyrogenic

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #12
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





some of you know that i just got my 08 250R...well i got it on 3/29/08, a Saturday. The next day one of my brothers came and was looking at it, and he said he knew how to ride motorcycles, so he asked if he could ride mine...and i let him...well when he was trying turn in the in street he went into the gravel and turned the steering wheel while he rolled a lil on the throttle...guess what happened? he dropped it...i was !! no broken parts just scratches!!! i was so mad!!
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #13
JohnW
Member
 
JohnW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha FZ6









I hung up a pant cuff and couldn't get my foot down and dropped my bike after I had been riding for about a month HAHA. At least the sliders did their job
__________________
John
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #14
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












did you kick his ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #15
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshyn View Post
So I'm riding yesterday, trying to get better at turning and stopping, using turn signals, etc. I rode for 3 hours today, all through Santa Fe, Dickenson, and Clear Lake. I stopped at an occasional gas station to have a drink and smoke a cigarette, ya know the usual stuff lol. Well, I decided to conclude my joyous adventure (the first time I took it out of a neighbor hood and went over 30 MPH). I pulled into my storage unit and parked next to my truck. I climb off to put my gear in my truck and start leaning it to rest on the stand. Well, it keeps leaning, OVER and OVER and ..... yep... we both went down. Apparently I forgot to put down the kick stand! Let me just say that with my li'l 120 lb self... pickin that girl up was no easy task! I wasn’t embarrassed really, just laughing my A$$ off, that is until another rider pulled off of NASA RD. and stopped next to me. He asked if I had just layed it down. LMAOROTF. I laughed as I explained my li’l “mis-hap” and thanked him for stopping. He wanted to make sure that I was ok (and prob. to make sure that I was able to get my bike back up off of the ground. Thanks Man!!! (thumbs up)
you need to attend our girls only track day. PM me for deatils
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





nah...he is the type of person who barely can keep himself going...so i didn't wanna talk mess to him and put him down...
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






Quote:
Originally Posted by bm0r3n0 View Post
some of you know that i just got my 08 250R...well i got it on 3/29/08, a Saturday. The next day one of my brothers came and was looking at it, and he said he knew how to ride motorcycles, so he asked if he could ride mine...and i let him...well when he was trying turn in the in street he went into the gravel and turned the steering wheel while he rolled a lil on the throttle...guess what happened? he dropped it...i was !! no broken parts just scratches!!! i was so mad!!
Never let someone ride your wife, car, or bike.....

Can you spell disastor.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #18
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
Never let someone ride your wife, car, or bike.....

Can you spell disastor.
Yeah i learned from that experience...

I'll never let anyone drive my bike and car.....oh yeah almost forgot....and my wife

oh yeah and you mean "Disaster", right?
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy