MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #1
TX-Zen
Meme Machine

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 R6

Send a message via MSN to TX-Zen
And here it is, my 2005 bone stock Katana 600

Yesterday was awesome, got my license w00t!

And Mancuso SW called to tell me my plates came in so I had my first legal drive in Houston to pick them up. (no more sneaking out at night to practice on the side streets )

Completed the MSF this past weekend too...been a good week

Couple of questions if I may,

Besides looks, what are the advantages of Pazzo type levers (and the advantage or disadvantages of shorties)? I plan on racing the bike later as I get my experience up, so I have a little more than style in mind for them...do they make a difference in control?

Any aftermarket accessories that are really useful for a Katana? I'm not looking to make the bike something it's not, but I figure you guys and gals would know if anything stands out.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2008 04 1620Katana206002000deleted

R6Izzy Sig
TX-Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1990 katana 600 carb leak. adrenlynjnky How To's and Q & A's 2 10-01-2014 02:03 PM
Suzuki Katana 750 -2005 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 01-31-2011 02:50 AM
No throttle on katana 600 CaligoneTx How To's and Q & A's 23 03-22-2009 11:48 AM
Starter Bike Katana 600????? LivInG lYfE General Discussion (Moto Related) 217 11-07-2008 01:51 AM
katana 600 tires Hamm Performance and Modifications 11 07-03-2008 08:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2008, 06:53 AM   #2
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

the Pazzo levers have better ergonomics, particularly for people with small hands and shorter fingers like I do.

I have the Pazzo shortys on my '05 FJR and like them.
FJRmgm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 AM   #3
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
congrats on a good weekend.
Actually, taking in some trackdays will be a really good thing for you. It will help you to become a better rider.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
TX-Zen
Meme Machine

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 R6

Send a message via MSN to TX-Zen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
congrats on a good weekend.
Actually, taking in some trackdays will be a really good thing for you. It will help you to become a better rider.

Hadn't thought of heading to the track anytime soon, but you make a good point about getting experience riding, which is what I am most interested in. I think I'll start researching it this weekend...thanks for the suggestion.

I've already found plenty of great stuff on the site and have made up my mind to have Tony over at Tom's Paint pimp my bike with a black and yellow scheme of some sort. Haven't worked out the details yet but Tony is a sharp guy and I'm sure he'll come up with something sweet. I've been on a tonka truck yellow kick for a while, almost got my Z71 painted that way but decided it would be better on a bike

Funny thing is all my time in the Army I spent wearing neutral colors and trying to avoid being seen by anyone even when I was out of uniform, but now riding it's actually a good idea to be highly visible and seen on the street, so I can finally let my color preferences out lol

R6Izzy Sig
TX-Zen is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement