MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #81
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
thank you.. but i did that on purpose ...i don't know i remember you riding a zx7 that stuff fell off of regularly ... but just the way that bike looked was worth 5 tickets ...
Right:/:fixed again

and fell off regularly??? we met once (, did we even talk?) and my kickstand fell off prior to meeting you at Orsak's...can you give me another example where stuff fell off regularly you Mr. "know-it-all"
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another ticket.... KingwoodSquid General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 09-01-2013 07:34 PM
Just got a ticket KeeBee General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 04-11-2009 07:18 AM
I got a ticket now what? johnpatrick87 General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 03-24-2009 12:28 AM
Just got a ticket... Amanda Off Topic 29 05-23-2008 01:13 PM
****in ticket joecamel General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 06-03-2006 10:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #82
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #83
JSki
Senior Member
 
JSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,651


Bike(s):
06 SV650









Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
i love this site ....idiots giving idiots advise ...

Hey, I resemble that remark! ... I mean ... er...

__________________
"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error." -Andrew Jackson
JSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #84
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





dbuck is a reformed, uhhh back roads wheelier... tis all good!
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #85
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
shhhhhh "advice"


Pot, meet Kettle....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #86
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
cuz something was broken or missing or need air in it ...
ok, still not sure where you coming from....and thanks Lurch..at least somebody has my back
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #87
Ridesmart
Senior Member
 
Ridesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,288

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track








Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
NO INSURANCE:/: Probably like 1/2 the peeps on here. I can guarantee if you did not have insurance at the time of the ticket that it won't be dismissed. Peeps who don't carry insurance tick me off

hate to say it, but they are all right. Should have had the insurance, at least the liability to be legit on the street. That and the inspection sticker. It would have cost you about 150 or so for ins per year, and another 30 bucks for inspection per year. That would have been what?

150.00/12 = 12.50 (basic liability)
30.00/12 = 2.50 (inspection)
------------------
total:.........$15.00 per month or 50 cents per day.

What you are looking at now is for sure more than that ten fold.
Got your riding fix and now you have to pay.


The no ins and no inspection stickers will be tough for you, sorry to say. Own up to the fact and accept $$$ coming out of your .

The speeding ticket, take defensive driving course to not have to pay more. At minimum that alone will cost you about 110 for court fees plus 25 to 35 for the class. Equals at least 135. On top of that add whatever you will have to spend for the other two infractions.

Was it worth it?



Too all you other non insured and non legit riders, this is another example of why cops bother us more than the average group. Stay legit and you will have nothing to worry about. Trust me, they will get you, if not sooner, than later (often you get to pay more if it is later).

If you want to ride without insurance, etc, why not consider taking the bike off the street and attending track days. You will get all the excitement (plus like 100% more) and won't have to worry about the law.


Good luck with your predicament.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #88
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
thank you.. but i did that on purpose ...i don't know i remember you riding a zx7 that stuff fell off of regularly ... but just the way that bike look was worth 5 tickets ...
Did what on purpose? Spelled "advice" - adivse? Oh man, if you did that on purpose you really stuck it to the Man didn't you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #89
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
dbuck is a reformed, uhhh trackday wheelier... tis all good!
fixed again
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #90
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
Did what on purpose? Spelled "advice" - adivse? Oh man, if you did that on purpose you really stuck it to the Man didn't you.


all of this "sticking it to the man" coming from some know it all who sits on the front steps of Orsak's stalking all of us from Houston
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #91
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #92
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
fixed again
no no no



trackday is what reformed ya from all your wild, raising, back road wheeling days...

that and your new boss setting you straight...
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #93
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post


all of this "sticking it to the man" coming from some know it all who sits on the front steps of Orsak's stalking all of us from Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
i can feel that vise tighting on every bit of advice ...
Oh snap I caught it this time! Did that on purpose, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #94
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post


all of this "sticking it to the man" coming from some know it all who sits on the front steps of Orsak's stalking all of us from Houston

Hey! Quit picking on our "Official MH Trunk Test Dummy!"
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #95
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #96
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post

Oh snap I caught it this time! Did that on purpose, right?
stop it...I'm gonna loose my lunch
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #97
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
no no no



trackday is what reformed ya from all your wild, raising, back road wheeling days...

that and your new boss setting you straight...
very true....hey at least the boss supports me going super fast in circles
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #98
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
hate to say it, but they are all right. Should have had the insurance, at least the liability to be legit on the street. That and the inspection sticker. It would have cost you about 150 or so for ins per year, and another 30 bucks for inspection per year. That would have been what?

150.00/12 = 12.50 (basic liability)
30.00/12 = 2.50 (inspection)
------------------
total:.........$15.00 per month or 50 cents per day.

What you are looking at now is for sure more than that ten fold.
Got your riding fix and now you have to pay.


The no ins and no inspection stickers will be tough for you, sorry to say. Own up to the fact and accept $$$ coming out of your .

The speeding ticket, take defensive driving course to not have to pay more. At minimum that alone will cost you about 110 for court fees plus 25 to 35 for the class. Equals at least 135. On top of that add whatever you will have to spend for the other two infractions.

Was it worth it?



Too all you other non insured and non legit riders, this is another example of why cops bother us more than the average group. Stay legit and you will have nothing to worry about. Trust me, they will get you, if not sooner, than later (often you get to pay more if it is later).

If you want to ride without insurance, etc, why not consider taking the bike off the street and attending track days. You will get all the excitement (plus like 100% more) and won't have to worry about the law.


Good luck with your predicament.

bump to keep the thread on topic....sorry guys, I have to go back to work.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #99
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
stalking ...nawhhhhhhh... getting a laugh ... y'all amuse us locals ...
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #100
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets
 
Sifu-TZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 14,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard









Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA View Post
To the Thread Starter: Please DO NOT post anymore on this forum... your a jackass... after reading a number of your posts and comments, you seriously are reckless, dumb, and immature.

You will NOT get the insurance ticket dismissed, you have to prove that you had insurance at the time the infraction took place. You will probably be allowed to get the inspection taken car of as long as it is within 2 months of the old inspection expiring and/or 2 months of getting the vehicle; but this will be up to the judge's discretion. You may be able to get an attorney to prove that you weren't speeding, but why? It will be cheaper to just pay the ticket and get it deferred.

Please do us all a favor and don't post anymore details of your stupidity. Nobody is impressed by it, nobody is going to give you 'props' or any praise for being a dumbass... Do the right thing and behave responsibly...

that is all....

he's right. you have your head so far in your daylight is nothing but a dream. you're either helping or hurting, and all you've done is make excuses for things WE pay for in court and in public. that's NOT HELPING motorcyclists.

sell your bike and get a fart-can civic. since you're a fan of responsibility and all. this is so you don't get yourself or one of us killed. thanks in advance.
__________________
fastline logo

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy