Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

'06 FZ6

New Spark Plugs

Its about time mile wise for me to change my plugs according to the manual (8000mi) so I ordered some last week and am waiting for them to come in. I read a pretty thorough write up on a bike specific forum and I think I should be able to do it just as easily as he stated. However this will be my first time to try and the last time i tried doing the maintenance on the bike I ended up having to schlep it over to the dealer to clean up the mess.

Sooo what I really need is to find some shop suggestions or somebody who I can go to for help if I manage to royally screw this up, without having to wait too long. I can take it to the dealer again, but they always take at least a week when I go there, which sucks considering how nice the weather has been lately. Their prices aren't too bad since I always stack jobs when I go there so I get alot of work for that hour of labor I pay for, thing is this is my only vehicle so I really don't like not having it.
D-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spark plugs eric636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 06-04-2011 11:34 AM
Spark Plugs bignissan Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 9 04-03-2009 02:50 PM
need help with spark plugs blends Performance and Modifications 22 02-24-2009 12:35 PM
Spark Plugs Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-23-2008 10:39 PM
Spark plugs SPHINX Performance and Modifications 17 06-06-2008 08:30 AM
Old 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Its a pretty easy job, just take your time and Im sure the write up went into a step by step detail. U r a bit away from me in distance but I don't forsee any problems u'd run into... just twist the spark plug wire leads as you pull them out steadily; don't jerk...
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Start the new plugs by hand and turn them until they are most of the way in! Do not start them with a wrench.
Cylinder head aluminum is fairly soft and spark plug threads are fairly hard (this makes for easy cross thread).
If you accidently cross thread the plug hole it is a bish (= $$) to get it fixed.
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
If it's free, it's for me

Experience: 10+ years

'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

I am in the SE side of town... let me know if you need some help and/or tools...
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
Feedback Rating: (0)

'06 FZ6

Thanks for the tips/offers. They should be here Thursday at the latest, but I was planning to do this on saturday morning and take my time.
D-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote