MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #21
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I service about 130 multi family communities in houston. What is the management company? Maybe I know someone.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sales Manager TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 0 01-30-2014 12:10 PM
BP Crisis Manager cogs69 The Circus 3 06-16-2010 10:48 AM
Update to Apartment Manager Issue... HELP! specterunseen Off Topic 32 04-15-2008 01:58 PM
looking for a reliable Manager dfresh Off Topic 19 06-22-2007 06:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #22
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I service about 130 multi family communities in houston. What is the management company? Maybe I know someone.
Alliance Residential. I also had complained about her treatment of me to their customer service email. I had a perfect pmt history and generally those customers will be given a grace on one late fee if they are good payers. I was perfect, missed by one day and she wasn't even kind about, felt like a piece of apartment trash after talking to her. Other manager was so much nicer.

They never responded, over 1 year ago.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

... might check and see if you damand a copy of the reciept etc for the carpet... and infact demand to verify it was replaced and not just re-dyed.

My currengt GF is an acct manager for an apt complex, we were talking about this one day. If I recall correctly, she stated the carpet replacement was much closer to $200 than $400. I'll kick her a copy and see what she says....
Old 04-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #24
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

you guys are amazing. This is really helping point me in the right direction. Thanks for being a good community to help out!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #25
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

btw.... after you moved out, they should have taken pcitures of the apt before the 'cleaning' etc.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
... might check and see if you damand a copy of the reciept etc for the carpet... and infact demand to verify it was replaced and not just re-dyed.

My currengt GF is an acct manager for an apt complex, we were talking about this one day. If I recall correctly, she stated the carpet replacement was much closer to $200 than $400. I'll kick her a copy and see what she says....
Dang, that's messed up.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #27
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonhull View Post
Alliance Residential. I also had complained about her treatment of me to their customer service email. I had a perfect pmt history and generally those customers will be given a grace on one late fee if they are good payers. I was perfect, missed by one day and she wasn't even kind about, felt like a piece of apartment trash after talking to her. Other manager was so much nicer.

They never responded, over 1 year ago.
Alliance Residential Commmunities recently split and Babcock and Brown took over most of thier portfolio. I am familiar with Chalfonte, Ashton Park, Braeburn Colony and Wallingford. All of which are or were Alliance Residential, Are any of thos your community? If so, I will go PM with you and give you a number. If not, can't help ya.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #28
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Alliance Residential Commmunities recently split and Babcock and Brown took over most of thier portfolio. I am familiar with Chalfonte, Ashton Park, Braeburn Colony and Wallingford. All of which are or were Alliance Residential, Are any of thos your community? If so, I will go PM with you and give you a number. If not, can't help ya.

Was at Limestone Ranch Apartments, next to the Harley Dealership.

What then would you recommend?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #29
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
and i thought it was Gable's Residential that split, then alliance took over the other half. That's what the first manager i think told us.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #30
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

PM Sent
Old 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #31
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Ok the gf gave me this reply...

-late fees...well, Fair Housing says you must be fair and treat all the same. Previous manager didn't maybe follow the rules and new manager is covering her . Did the property have a rent drop box???

-carpet issues....as long as he stated the carpet issues at move in on his move in condition form, then he can't be charged for those pre-existing issues. I would ask management for a copy of the invoice that shows they replaced the carpet and how much it cost, and how they calculated his charge? $400 sounds like alot just for living room carpet? Did they charge him a depreciated value on the carpet? You have to figure depreciation on carpet, which companys usually say carpet life is about 5-7 years. There is a way to figure this, if needed I can do it, but will have to know price of new carpet. Was there pet odor (urine), and the concrete under the padding had to be pet treated and deodorized? This would be his responsibility. Was the $400 cat deposit fully refundable? Our pet deposit is only 1/2 refundable. Was the $150 security deposit fully refundable? We deduct $75 that is not refundable.

-cleaning issues....I don't understand "for the stuff I paid them to clean". We take pictures of everything we charge at move out and have them in file in case of disputes.

I always suggest doing a walk-thru with management at time of move out. Did he/she do this?

Hope some of this helps ;-)
Old 04-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #32
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Ok the gf gave me this reply...

-late fees...well, Fair Housing says you must be fair and treat all the same. Previous manager didn't maybe follow the rules and new manager is covering her . Did the property have a rent drop box???

Yes, thats fine, i can live with that. Though i had understood that managers had the ability to judgement call on the situation if a perfect paying renter, etc.

-carpet issues....as long as he stated the carpet issues at move in on his move in condition form, then he can't be charged for those pre-existing issues. I would ask management for a copy of the invoice that shows they replaced the carpet and how much it cost, and how they calculated his charge? $400 sounds like alot just for living room carpet? Did they charge him a depreciated value on the carpet? You have to figure depreciation on carpet, which companys usually say carpet life is about 5-7 years. There is a way to figure this, if needed I can do it, but will have to know price of new carpet. Was there pet odor (urine), and the concrete under the padding had to be pet treated and deodorized? This would be his responsibility. Was the $400 cat deposit fully refundable? Our pet deposit is only 1/2 refundable. Was the $150 security deposit fully refundable? We deduct $75 that is not refundable.

$150 refundable deposit. $400 pet deposit, i think only $100 refundable . So $300 should be enough to cover it. You see it wasn't URINE stains on most, just a hairball, and one stain, that was very light in the corner and barely noticeable. We treated with pet cleaners and elbow grease immediately, but of course you can't win it all. The 2-3 significant stains were in living room due to hairball. Something he ate and the cleaner caused a reddish tint after scrubbing. This was kind of like a really small koolaid stain. I'm half convinced that good steam cleaning would take it out, if not the carpet condition i believe warranted replacement anyway. But, again i've learned the hardway, i should ahve taken detailed pictures, at least i had some pics. I'll see if i can post what i'm talking about... helps?

-cleaning issues....I don't understand "for the stuff I paid them to clean". We take pictures of everything we charge at move out and have them in file in case of disputes.

they have a service through their cleaners that for $65 they fully clean apartment (minus vacuuming) to clean to inspection protocol. .

I always suggest doing a walk-thru with management at time of move out. Did he/she do this?
No, i learned the hardway. Didn't think it would be like this. I've learned my lesson. Only 2nd apartment that i've lived in. First was much better to me than this
Hope some of this helps ;-)
Here you go...
Old 04-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #33
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

99 zx9

thats why you have a pet deposit, you dont owe them . but have fun trying to keep this off your record. i say pay up and lesson learned . it will cost you more if you decide to take it to civil court. i know it sucks i just bought a house and it cost me $700. 00 to get out of the lease but it should have cost like 2500, only reason i got over is because my wife does the whole apartment teams hair.
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #34
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

here are the pics. What do you think?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #35
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_banner View Post
useless to fight it....it will go on your rental history.....

plus URINE STAINS IN THE PLACE?

youre the kind of pet owner that should be smacked.....ruining peoples property then about them charging you $150?

youre joking right?

pay up or stfu and let it go on your history that youre a slob.
FYI, thats a pretty poorly composed answer. It wasn't urine stains, and no i don't expect a free ride. But i don't expect $700 for 3 little stains that some people out do with a mere spilt cup of juice..

And no, for the record i'm not a slob.... (don't ask my wife!).... I actually am very clean. We learned out lesson with this old fart of a cat, and now no matter how much i feel bad, every night he stays in the laundry room, since most of his "feeling bad and decide to do it out of a clean litterbox" is at night.... We stay on it very closely.

Try to actually give useful advice please.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #36
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Dam you have a cat and you kept him after on stuff ??? do I read that right ??? or he pist once or twice ??? A hairball I understand, but there is no way I would deal with that. I have a cat that was indoors, had him 3 years. He got out 2-3 times, no biggie. Well so I thought, he is a fixed male Bengal cat paid $500 for him. He on the carpet 2 times in my home, he did it cause his a$$ wanted to go outside. Well after that he got the boot right out the door, he comes in all the time, but sure dont on my stuff. If he did, he would be going down to the SPCA to meet the lethal injection for on my carpet. I love my animal but wont let them destroy my stuff or be destructive.

J
wife's cat, she had him for 8 years. Didn't pee, maybe once? caught it right away if so. Its hairball issue. And he got sick or something and had the runs so left little turds... lol. We cleaned those up. It was the hairball that was the issue. Believe me we cleaned and scrubbed quick when we found out. We aren't slobs.

He'll not make another 2 years i imagine.... I think he should die accidentally by having heart attack due a sudden vacuum cleaner attack!
Old 04-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #37
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
wife's cat, she had him for 8 years. Didn't pee, maybe once? caught it right away if so. Its hairball issue. And he got sick or something and had the runs so left little turds... lol. We cleaned those up. It was the hairball that was the issue. Believe me we cleaned and scrubbed quick when we found out. We aren't slobs.

He'll not make another 2 years i imagine.... I think he should die accidentally by having heart attack due a sudden vacuum cleaner attack!
no details, but I'll give you advice, if he "Accidently" ends up outside, he may not come back.....
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #38
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
no details, but I'll give you advice, if he "Accidently" ends up outside, he may not come back.....
i couldn't do that to my wifes little sweetheart..... ahem...

I just keep him up at night and he's fine. Gets in trouble and decides to get the runs etc AT NIGHT. He stays in the laundry room from now on at night.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #39
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
i couldn't do that to my wifes little sweetheart..... ahem...

I just keep him up at night and he's fine. Gets in trouble and decides to get the runs etc AT NIGHT. He stays in the laundry room from now on at night.
just saying, I could never do that either......
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #40
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

do apartments every just cut out patch and replace part of carpet? Since it seem really overkill for those 3 stains to replace everything and charge me so much?

Advertisement