MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #81
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

dumb a$$
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
besides craiglist... flip326 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-21-2011 08:16 AM
craiglist scam TiemannR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 09-23-2009 08:15 AM
Craiglist Scam? Andru Off Topic 17 08-08-2008 01:11 PM
craiglist help rick Off Topic 10 09-18-2007 12:59 PM
Ducati on craiglist WFO Off Topic 13 09-08-2006 02:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #82
1FastMF

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
... ok I'm done w/ screen prints for the day. time to get to work.

loldeleted
They flagged and removed this post...guess u have to be a 1.5 sec in the quarter Gixxer to be on craigs ??? Ha ha was prolly him that flagged ya Call him and tell him u want to look at his bike but there is a 600 hp Busa u want to look at first
Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #83
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
I'm hardballing him to show up at 242/45 tomorrow early. If he can't commit, anybody want to pick a time and place and I'll arrange the meeting. Think north though - I don't think this turkey wants to ride it very far away from home! LOL

Any body want to go see this superbike?

By the way - I think I figured it out.... he can get the 1/4 mile time (which is slower than it should be considering his 1/8 mile time) by sprinting the 1/8 mile, turning around and SPRINTING BACK - in 8.96...... it's REALLY FAST!
We will stop off at gladstell with cams running tommorow.. EMAIL HIM RIGHT NOW AND TELL HIM YOU HAVE CASH IN HAND!
sixshooter1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #84
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Done - will see if I get a response... see ya in the morning!

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #85
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

lol @ 400 lbs of boost.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #86
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Did anyone go and meet this dude???
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #87
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I didn't... but if he raced a zx14 and won I shouldn't be any problem... hahaha

I'll race him and let ya know if he's got the goods or not... Lemme know where/when
Old 04-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #88
indoMLA

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

^ Serious? I emailed him and asked about certain ... he still thinks the Power Commander is the same as a TRE... I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he said he would have all the paperwork for me...

I also told him, if he can't find the paperwork, then he can race the bike again and validate his numbers again that way...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
Old 04-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #89
lynkxda1
MotoHouston Street Ninja

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2006 Kawawsaki zx 600RR

thanks for the heads up guys, because I'm never going to get anything off of there. too many fools on there to trust it
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #90
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

His last response to me:

W HEN EVER YOU WANT BUT NO BULLSHIT I DONT WAKE UP THAT EARLY ON MY ONLY DAYS OFF..I JUST CANT SEEM TO PULL MYSELF OUTA BED .. I CAN MEET YOU ANYOTHER TIME DURING THE DAY.... BUT LIKE I SAID JUST CALL ME......ILL MEET YOU WHERE EVER WHENEVER,, DO YOU LIVE OFF 242... AND NO I DONT RIDE WITH ANYONE OUTA HOUSTON EXCEPT ONE FRIEND NAMED RYAN...IM EXCITED 2 BUT IT DOES US NO GOOD IF BANKS NOT OPEN,, EXCEPT TO SEE THE BIKE,,, BUT THEN YOUR GOING TO FALL INLOVE AND BE TH'AT YOUR BANK ISNT OPEN....LOL

So he didn't show Saturday morning - I can arrange a meeting or get his address if someone wants to go have fun taking a look.... let me know!

(I won't be riding up that way for a while...)

Old 04-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #91
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I didnt even catch the 400lbs of boost. That is funny as .
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #92
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

the busa post was from someone on here making that to make fun of that guy with the gixxer
Old 04-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #93
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I did manage to figure that out. Fuller has a killer busa.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #94
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #95
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #96
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #97
indoMLA

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Okay, I am tired of his bullshit.... so i will post what I wrote to him and him back to me....

My first message to him:
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hello Sir,
I am interested in the GSXR 1000 you have for sale on craigslist. I am very impressed with the results you have had with this bike and also the mods done to it. As I do not want to waste your time and mine, I had a few questions in regard to this vehicle:
1. You stated this bike has been drag raced... is HMP the only track where this bike has been raced?
2. The numbers you claim to have achieved (8.96 seconds in the quarter mile), I can't retrieve this data from HMP, can you please send me a copy/scan of this number as to validate the time?
3. I want to also use this bike for the same purposes you did, so it looks like a lot of the work has already been done (kudos).... Do you have the work receipts/service tickets/etc. of the work being done and also the motorcycle shops that did the work? (validate the $7,900 put into the bike)
4. Do you have a Power Commander on the bike or T.R.E.??? Which one?
5. In the pictures you posted the upper fairing is different colors, the tank is different, as are the mufflers. Did you lay the bike down, wreck, crash, etc.? If not, and these are spare/replacement parts, are you going to include the parts as part of the sale?
6. You claim 181.8hp to the wheel, can you send me a dyno copy/scan that verifies this?

Let me know if you have this information or obtain it. Considering that you live quite a ways up north and also the amount of money involved, I do not want to come up there and not have the pertinent paper work. I just want to proof that everything you claim that was done was done by a professional, and that the times that you claim were achieved and also the hp numbers are validated. Please respond to me as soon as possible as then I can schedule a meeting with you for a test ride and the such. Thanks.

TK

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/636834978.html

His Response to the Above:
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 09:41:25 -0700
Subject: Re: GSXR 1000
To:

FIRST THINGS FIRST WHEN YOU SEE AND HEAR THE BIKE YOU WONT HAVE ANY CONCERNS,PARTS THAT ARE ON THE BIKE ARE ALL IN PLAY SO IF YOU CANT SEE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY EXCEPT FOR DONT BUY A BIKE,, HMP IS A RACE TRACK AND THEY SHOULD HAVE ALL RECORDS.... I HAVE EVERYTHING SOMEWHERE...IM NOT A SCAMMER OR A BULLSHITER,, AND THE PICTURES OF THE CRATE BIKE IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF HOW I GOT THE BIKE,,BRAND NEW, THE THREE COLORED PICTURES WITH ME PERSONALY ON THE BIKE IS IT.... AND THAT IS ME.... THE WORK WAS DONE Y NORTH CITY CYCLES AND YES IT WAS PROFFESIONALLY DONE,, AND YES THE 2 YEAR WARRANTY IS TRANSFERABLE,,, THE OWNERS NAME IS JOHN ,,, YOU MAY CONTACT,,, THIRD A POWER COMMANDER IS ALSO REFERED AS A T.R.E.. BUT THE POWER COMMANDER IS IN THE TRUNK AND INSTALLED ON A THE BIKE...EVERYTHING IS A SEE BASIS TO WHERE YOU CAN SEE EVERYTHING ON THE BIKE....YES I DO HAVE THE DYNO TUNE SHEET LIKE I SAID I HAVE ALL RECEIPTS,, TIME SLIPS ,, AND EVERYTHING DONE TO THE BIKE,,, IF I CAN FIND THEM ,,, TRUST ME IM LOOKING.... IF NOT I CAN ALWAYS CONTACT MY PEOPLE AND GET EXTRA COPIES,, IT ALL GOES BY VIN....AND DONT WASTE TIME IF SERIOUS CAUSE THIS BIKE WONT BE AROUND FOR LONG,,, SERVERAL SERIOUS INQUIRIES..LAST THING YOU WONT BE DOING ANYRIDING UNTIL CASH IN HAND OR IN BANK,,, THEN YOU CAN RIDE AND JUST LIKE ANY DEALER DOES IF YOU DONT WANT THE BIKE,,, RETURN IT WITHIN 50 MILES AND IN SAME CONDITION,, MY BANK WILL HOLD MONEY UNTIL SALE IS FINALIZED BUT NO ONE IS RIDING WITHOUT MONEY IN HAND TRUST ME IVE BAUGHT TOO MANY BIKES AND EVERYDEALER IS THE SAME WAY..... IF YOU DONT BELEIVE GO ASK A DEALER TO LET YOU RIDE... SEE WHAT THEY SAY......EVEN WITH A LICENSE AND FULLCOVERAGE THEY STILL WONT LET YOU RIDE UNLESS YOU PURCHASE FIRST.....I AM A GREAT HONOR MAN AND I HONOR MY WORDS ,,,,,.... MY BANK EXCEPTS CASH AND WIRE TRANSFERS....
ZAC

My Message in Response to his above Response:
1. Is your name Xavier, John, or Zac? I see a few names listed and do not know who is selling the bike. Please advise...
2. I understand your desire to have the cash in hand before allowing a test drive. I am not ignorant; I have bought and sold bikes in the past, so no need into divulging how you will act like a dealer.
3. I know HMP is a race track, as i have raced there. I don't understand how you got 1/4 numbers there seeing as the track is only 1/8 mile. Please provide me reasoning. I see my records there, but no records of this bike being raced there.
4. You never answered why the colors of the upper fairing and the exhausts are different in the pictures you provided. Please explain.
5. I do know what a Power Commander is and also a TRE. If you think they are the same thing, then I spologize, but you don't seem to know what you are talking about. They are in FACT two seperate items. Please clarify if you have these items (one or the other, or both).
6. Please obtain the paperwork that validates the numbers you stated and claimed, if you can't obtain them, then would you like to come to HMP and race it again?
7. I just want to make sure everything is in order before I arrange a meeting and make the purchase. I do not want to be scammed or taken. Not saying that you would, but your posting is confusing.

Thanks.
Thomas

His Final Response to Me (he appears to be ):
xavier gonzales (xavierzaccarrias@yahoo.com)
Sent: Mon 4/14/08 4:50 PM
To:

1.IF YOU KNEW HOW TO READ YOU WOULD REALIZE JOHN IS THE OWNER OF NORTH CITY CYCLE ( WHERE I PURCHASED ALL THE PARTS FOR THE BIKE).

2.. MY NAME IS XAVIER ZACCARRIAS SO I CALL MYSELF ZAC...OR YOU CAN CALL ME XAVIER IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME...

3.TRACK IS ONLY AN 1/8 AND IF YOU CAN DO MATH YOU WOULD REALIZED,, THOSE NUMERS ARENT BULLSHIT...LOOK AT STOCK NUMBER ALONE... 9.67

4. IF I LET EVERY JACKASS RIDE MY BIKE I PROBLY WOULDNT HAVE ONE...

5. YOU CAN SEE EVERY PART ON THIS BIKE ...UNLESS UR BLIND.

6. TRE IS AN AUTOMATIC THING ON ANY GSXR 06 AND ON LOOK UP WHAT A TRE IS FOR A BIKE OR HERE LET ME DO IT FOR YOU, Gear Indicator Pro w/ATRE
MSRP $149.95

BUILT-IN TRE MEANS YOU CAN HAVE YOUR GEAR INDICATOR AND TRE BOTH WORKING!

FROM HEALTECH LTD, THE MAKERS OF THE SPEEDO HEALER!!!

* Advanced "smart" TRE automatically switches off when bike is in neutral means smoother idle and less engine heat
* Can be set for 4th, 5th or 6th gear map (or disabled) at the touch of a button
* Auto brightness control: the sensitivity can be even fine tuned
* Always indicates the selected gear. It's not like others which don't work when the clutch is pulled in
* Selected gears are shown instantly with NO LAG
* Plug-n-go...Installation is straightforward with adapters supplied where needed
* Auto Stand-by: when ignition is turned off, unit enters into low power mode and consumes 3mA only (less than a LED)
* In TRE mode the bike's top speed limiter is disabled and throttle response is better in 1st through 4th gear
* Auto Learn function: Unit is pre-programmed to suit most Suzuki bikes. However, if needed, the unit Learns the gear positions automatically. This ensures compatibility with Kawasaki EFI bikes
* Robust design: waterproof housing; Flash memory (non-volatile) to store user settings; in case of connection or power failure, the TRE mode reverts back to Normal operation
* 30 day money-back guarantee & 2 year replacement warranty
* More info: Heal Tech Electronics Website
FITMENT NOTES:

GIPRO-K01: ZX-10R (04-05)
GIPRO-K02: ZX-10R (06-)
GIPRO-K03: ZX-14 (06-)
GIPRO-S01:
GSX-R600 (2001+), GSX-R750 (1998+), GSX-R1000 (2001+), GSX1400 (2001+), SV1000 (2003+), TL1000R/S (1998+), M109R (2006+)

GIPRO-S02:
DL1000 (2002+), GSX1300R (1999+)

GIPRO-S03:
SV650 (2003+)

GIPRO-S04:
DL650 (2004+)
GIPRO-S05:
TL1000S (1997)
Select Model
- Please Select - GIPRO-K01 GIPRO-K02 GIPRO-K03 GIPRO-S01 GIPRO-S02 GIPRO-S03 GIPRO-S04 GIPRO-S05

Color
- Please Select - Red Blue

Quantity:

Nikko G Pack from $94.95

The Nikko Racing G-Pack module was designed to optimize the performance of your engine, particularly during the phases of acceleration from low to mid-range. The end result: maximum torque and power with outstanding acceleration in the low and mid-range permitting full utilization of your engine’s power band. The G-Pack is most effective between 2000 and 7500 RPM (up to 12000 RPM on certain models) in 2nd and 3rd gear. Simply Install the G-Pack between the connectors and the ignition box (CDI) of your motorcycle without any changes or modifications to your bike’s electrical system. If needed, the G-Pack can also be disconnected in minutes, restoring your motorcycle to its original configuration.
Removes factory-mandated top-speed restrictions
Can be used with other fuel system management devices
Quick and easy installation and removal
No permanent changes are made to the bike
Simple, plug-and-play installation
Bypasses RPM limitation device on selected mode

,I HAD TO PUTT THESE ON THE BIKE AND A ... POWER CAOMMANDER IN TRUNK LIKE I STATED... (YOU CAN SEE ALL PARTS)

7. I UNDERSTAND YOUR INTERESTS BUT SOMEONE LIKE YOU MUST NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY OR SOMETHING,,, CAUSE IT DOESNT COST MUCH TO CALL... OR DRIVE.,.. SO IF YOU WAS REALLY INTERESTED YOU WOULD PUT FORTH THE EFFERT TO SEE THE BIKE FOR YOURSELF,,, ARE YOUR EYES GOING TO LIE TO YOU? IF YOUR INTERESTED CALL AND TALK BUT HOWEVER 936-647-9500
Old 04-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #98
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

i know Jon at North City Cycles... sold me two bikes...

but as for the last email; he said Northcity cycles did all the work then turns around and said the place in Dallas did it but he got the parts from NCC?

Im confused.

I know a newer 1000cc can put down numbers on a dry dyno at 180... i've seen it done... but deriving a 1/4 mile time from an 1/8 mile time is bull.

Still, Im interested in at least seeing it and laughing at how much he wasted of his own money on this bike. And if he wants to race it wouldn't bother me any...
Old 04-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #99
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Yes - he seems to be getting perturbed... here are my last few emails....

I wrote:
I was carrying the cash with me Saturday....
Can you fax me the timesheet/receipts? Fax to 866-775-9413 along with copy of insurance, warranty, and title. By the way - I know a few Ryan's I ride with - do you know his last name? Maybe we know each other!

He wrote:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BULLSHIT .........
YOU NOW MY NUMBER CALL IF YOUR INTERESTED IF NOT,,, I ALREADY HAVE THE BIKE ,,, AND WHY WOULD I FAX YOU ANYTHING .... ARE YOU CRAZY.... YOU AINT GETTING ANYTHING FROM ME WITHOUT SOME MONEY..... AND INSURANCE WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT,,
WHAT MIGHT YOU NEED THAT FOR...

I wrote:
Not ALL of it - GEEZ!
I'm thinking you're not really serious. I'm trying to help you sell your bike.... to ME! All you're giving me is grief.
I want to have proof of a few things before I waste my time - that you own the bike, that you have proof of your performance claims, that it's insured now (shows that it's insurable). That validates to me that you are selling what you say you've got. How clear do I need to be?
You don't want to sell it for your premium, fine. Geez! sorry to make you work so hard to take my money.

He wrote:

How much clearer can it get call me come and see the bike ...... 936-647-9500 or my cell at 806-584-9188,, i do not have title because i still owe money to my bank,, like i stated,we can go to the bank together,,,,, but that does not mean that i cant sale the bike when you pay for it you get it.... and when we pay the bank they send the title..... so if your serious come see the bike and thats what says your serious..... and im not giving you any grief........if you want the bike its here and im serious call and come by ill show you everything and you can go with me to the insurance company to see its insurable and we can go to a shop and have them give you a third opinion, but im not paying for the look at cost,, if its anything,,,the best thing is i will do everthing with you,, we can go anywhere you want,, im not a scam... im not a lier...i stand by my words call and see....come and get it,,its here.....or i can meet you somewhere..but dont waste time ,, we cant get time back....you can see all aftermarket parts,, your eyes wont ly to you i promise.....

Old 04-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #100
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Take it to Motorcycles Unlimited... I would.... Do it... tell him you want Patrick to look over it at Motorcycles Unlimited...

and if it passes his inspection and he says the warranty carries over 'you will consider it.'

BS on the aftermarket upgrades still... I feel the need to SEE proof not see slips etc... Im getting a headache by someone that apparently overpaid up the azz cuz he's mechanical ability is before checking to see if the toaster is plugged in or not before he goes to Walmart and purchases another 10 dollar toaster and haggles to get the sale for triple the price.

Im guessing he spent all that money on the bike, realized he was an idiot, doesn't ride it cuz he just figured how to put the kickstand up and can't find the kill switch to start it; and is overdue on the apartment he took the pictures in since all his hard earned money from his 'photoshoot' for a magazine was for FlAGLIFE failed him to earn any income so he's back to selling gum wrappers on ebay.

Last edited by CaligoneTx; 04-14-2008 at 02:36 PM.
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement