MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #21
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
Watch this



Ur girlfriend rides? Does she have any tickets/accidents, and does she have a class M? If yes, no, yes, then put the insurance in her name, with ur name listed as Additional Named insured. That way if ya crash it, its covered BUT the check comes in her name and urs, so she would have 2 be a really CLOSE gf, so she'll be willing 2 endorse the check 2 u yes it's a hassle, but it's insured, if ur parents have SF, u can also try to insure it in dad's name, same consequences
She has a 2 tickets I believe as well. And an accident. She was creamed on 45. Woman rear ended her and literally had her car halfway underneath my gf's car. We have been together 4 years, she aint going nowhere . What really really me off about my agent: In the past year alone I have paid over $4k in insurance alone for bike and car, thats just the past year. I have made one claim to my insurance ever. And that was because the second time I was hit the guy had crappy insurance (fred loya i think) and we had no police report so they only were willing to pay for half. So State Farm paid half (1/2 of $1500 - 1/2 my deductable comes out to a whopping $500). Not to mention my parents have had homeowners and full coverage on all their vehicles with this agent since long before I was born and have never made a claim. WTF. Seriously. The whole subject gets me really upset.
__________________
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 04-09-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
parents, instead of candy RACER X Off Topic 17 10-13-2009 12:34 PM
Candy,s # FLYIN'DUC Off Topic 3 04-03-2009 04:45 PM
Why Did Candy get Banned again???? Gixxer-Joy Off Topic 55 11-06-2008 04:50 PM
Thanks Candy CarbonJames Off Topic 8 04-25-2008 02:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 PM   #22
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanworrell View Post
She has a 2 tickets I believe as well. And an accident. She was creamed on 45. Woman rear ended her and literally had her car halfway underneath my gf's car. We have been together 4 years, she aint going nowhere . What really really me off about my agent: In the past year alone I have paid over $4k in insurance alone for bike and car, thats just the past year. I have made one claim to my insurance ever. And that was because the second time I was hit the guy had crappy insurance and we had no police report so they only would pay for half. So State Farm paid half (1/2 of $1500). Not to mention my parents have had homeowners and full coverage on all their vehicles with this agent since long before I was born and have never made a claim. WTF. Seriously. The whole subject gets me really upset.

it!!! Yeah i'd be 2, i do understand how busy we get in the office at times, my desk is CRAZY as i type, but service is the key, if there is a problem u gotta address it quick.

I'd try to let dad insure it for u, it's a good possiblity b/c of his tenure, they'll issue the policy with no questions, which is normally the case.
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #23
coojo
Uber Newb
 
coojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: pasadena
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 692


Bike(s):
2004 ninja 250









insurance agency is a business. you are required by law to pay them, but once you start cashing in they get to drop you, cutting into their profits... it sucks...

not saying every insurance agent is a bad person though, colleges are all businesses too now, just trying to make money
__________________
I just got served a heaping helping of concrete... seconds please!
Edit: Thirds please!
coojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #24
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by coojo View Post
insurance agency is a business. you are required by law to pay them, but once you start cashing in they get to drop you, cutting into their profits... it sucks...

not saying every insurance agent is a bad person though, colleges are all businesses too now, just trying to make money
It is a business and when u are no longer profitable 2 the business there's a good possibility u won't be covered any longer, but that's with ANY insurance company (or just business in general) and unfortunately the state makes it a NECESSARY EVIL, so what can ya do :/:. It's the way the cookie crumbles....reduce ur risk, drive safer, slower, more cautiously, and take whatever other precautions u can 2 continue 2 reduce ur risk, 2 maintain all of our lower premiums.

__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #25
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





No offense to Candy or any other agents here. But insurance really me off because your damned if you do and your damned if you don't. They never LOSE money. They play their customers like the stock market. As long as your giving them a ton of money every month they will keep accepting it. But as soon as you need any little bit of that back, they get rid of you as quick as they can. It's one of the few businesses that I know, that are so disconnected with their customers and really don't care about them past their checkbook. This is just my experience with insurance. And sadly it's enough to make me distrust most insurance agencies.
__________________
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #26
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanworrell View Post
No offense to Candy or any other agents here. But insurance really me off because your damned if you do and your damned if you don't. They never LOSE money. They play their customers like the stock market. As long as your giving them a ton of money every month they will keep accepting it. But as soon as you need any little bit of that back, they get rid of you as quick as they can. It's one of the few businesses that I know, that are so disconnected with their customers and really don't care about them past their checkbook. This is just my experience with insurance. And sadly it's enough to make me distrust most insurance agencies.

Non taken, and i kinda have a different perspective on that.
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #27
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





I am sure you do and thats cool too. I am not saying that all are bad but that's kinda my experience and where I get my perspective from. Thanks for the info though Candy we will look into it!
__________________
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #28
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









another thanks Candy for getting quick answers to my insurance and new quote questions. shes making this time very easy for me with all my running around and looking at these numbers.

Ive sent my fiance, best bud, and my entire close family to her and state farm. State Farm and the people on MH representing them rock!
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #29
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
another thanks Candy for getting quick answers to my insurance and new quote questions. shes making this time very easy for me with all my running around and looking at these numbers.

Ive sent my fiance, best bud, and my entire close family to her and state farm. State Farm and the people on MH representing them rock!

i owe u certificates!!! Hey
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy