MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #21
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
...interesting. No wheelie, but speed it'self appears to be a possible issue.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51117
That SUV looks prudy don't it?

Hmm then last year, the kid that did the wheelie into the side of an SUV...don't think there were any fatalies... and those are just the ones I recall popping up here on mh.
yeah i saw that guy wheelie into the suv. but it was the suv fault for pulling out without even bother looking. i saw the whole thing. the light turn green and the rolled and did a powerwheelie. suv pulled out and that its.. even if the biker didnt hit the suv, another car on the lane next to it would.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's all the "FOREIGN BIKERS" that make us US bikers look bad Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-07-2014 08:39 AM
Wheelie = Death fuknrobert Off Topic 10 06-25-2006 05:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #22
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaR6281 View Post
yeah i saw that guy wheelie into the suv. but it was the suv fault for pulling out without even bother looking. i saw the whole thing. the light turn green and the rolled and did a powerwheelie. suv pulled out and that its.. even if the biker didnt hit the suv, another car on the lane next to it would.
So why didn't another car hit it? And how would you propose the suv driver see/recognize the wheeling motorcycle coming at them?
...and consider IF the rider had been paying attention, he'd had a much better chance of avoiding the SUV.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #23
JSki

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Just my opinion, but I'm still trying to figure out where the responsibility factor is consider for the people who do this in high traffic areas... not meaning in the middle of traffic, but where there's always someone on the road. I think it's just plain irresponsible and stupid. If you want to risk your own life that's fine with me, but I sure as don't want to see you die and I don't want to be involved in it if you do die or get severely hurt. Just out of respect for others on the road, it's better not to do it unless you're in the sticks or abandoned roads and parking lots. Just my .02 again.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #24
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
What about the kid that got killed popping wheelies at his buddies funeral.

Ohh wait, you wanted innocent victims.

Don't know that there are many to speak of with physical injuries caused by a wreckless rider other than that one rider that was hit by someone else doing a wheelie by 1960.

I will say however, that there are probably alot of witnesses, emergency response workers, and family that are scarred emotionally by what happens to a rider who dumps it at the wrong place and wrong time.

Last edited by Scorpio; 04-09-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #25
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"What about the kid that got killed popping wheelies at his buddies funeral." Oh good call, forgot about that one...

heck google motorycle reckless accident..lot or entries there. :-)
Old 04-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #26
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
How often does it happen? How many motorists are seriously injured by bikers every year?

Anybody got stats?

Even if we take a look at our ever growing list of "Wrecks this Year" those are just a very small amount of the actual motorcycle wrecks in this town...

We have discussed a couple of innocent deaths this year that I can think of.. The recent one down south. (3 dead including rider)
Then there was the woman who was ejected on 610 (?) (1 passenger of SUV)
Another similar one (???) SUV vs. Motorcycle..

out of our 58 wrecks and 3 deaths to "occupants" of cages = 5.1% of the time its an Innocent death.

*or something like that...
Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #27
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
Even if we take a look at our ever growing list of "Wrecks this Year" those are just a very small amount of the actual motorcycle wrecks in this town...

We have discussed a couple of innocent deaths this year that I can think of.. The recent one down south. (3 dead including rider)
Then there was the woman who was ejected on 610 (?) (1 passenger of SUV)
Another similar one (???) SUV vs. Motorcycle..

out of our 58 wrecks and 3 deaths to "occupants" of cages = 5.1% of the time its an Innocent death.

*or something like that...

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 04-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #28
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #29
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
So why didn't another car hit it? And how would you propose the suv driver see/recognize the wheeling motorcycle coming at them?
...and consider IF the rider had been paying attention, he'd had a much better chance of avoiding the SUV.

the other car at a split second and switch over to the middle and missing the suv that just hit the bike by inches....if the bike didnt hit it, there is no way the car would be able to get out the way. the suv should have seen the light turned green and on coming cars is coming. instead of trying to beat traffic, he/she should of just waited. yeah the bike shouldn't have pulled a wheelie, but even if he was on two wheel there is no way he could of gotten out the way. he would of hit the back of the suv instead of the bottom of the door. the way i see it, some one was gonna hit the suv either way. the bike was just the unlucky one. as he pulled it up, not even 5 inches, he drop it and laid it over just feets of the suv.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #30
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Really? So you're saying that the car next to the bike took off from the light at the same accelerating speed of the guy pulling the wheelie off the light? Must've been a fast car goin' 0-60 in 3.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #31
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
the other car at a split second and switch over to the middle and missing the suv that just hit the bike by inches....if the bike didnt hit it, there is no way the car would be able to get out the way. the suv should have seen the light turned green and on coming cars is coming. instead of trying to beat traffic, he/she should of just waited. yeah the bike shouldn't have pulled a wheelie, but even if he was on two wheel there is no way he could of gotten out the way. he would of hit the back of the suv instead of the bottom of the door. the way i see it, some one was gonna hit the suv either way. the bike was just the unlucky one. as he pulled it up, not even 5 inches, he drop it and laid it over just feets of the suv.
If he hadn't pulled the wheelie, knowing how quickly and short a distance a bike can stop, the rider probably would've been able to stop in time.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #32
1FastMF

Member Garage

Who gives a What about all the cars that take out innocent bikers each and every day what u see on the news and don't see on the news ?? :/::/:

Old 04-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #33
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastMF View Post
Who gives a What about all the cars that take out innocent bikers each and every day what u see on the news and don't see on the news ?? :/::/:
As if cars don't get into accidents with cars, as well? Happens day in and day out. Innocent cagers die from absent-minded cagers, too. did you notice that? You guys need to get off this attitude that you own the roads, or everything must revolve around you. You choose to ride a motorcycle in the streets, you need to accept the fact that there are cagers out there who will make a mistakes. The only difference is, if you choose to increase the odds by going 100+, pulling wheelies, or stunting (on your invisible bike), that you are in a position to body slam that cage, rather than have a cage around you with an airbag for protection.

And do you guys think that your "invisible" because of idiot cagers who simply don't look out for you? Yes, that can be true. But it's also because you are tiny (in comparison to a cage), and you easily blend in to the environment behind and around you... and when you're goind 2-3x the speed, wtf do you expect to happen? In the States especially, it's the cager's world, whether you accept it or not.

I hope you guys figure it out one day. It's like deja vu for me (and I'm sure alot of other seasoned riders here) seeing this attitude you guys possess. Unbelievable how it repeats generation after generation
Old 04-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #34
1FastMF

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
As if cars don't get into accidents with cars, as well? Happens day in and day out. Innocent cagers die from absent-minded cagers, too. did you notice that? You guys need to get off this attitude that you own the roads, or everything must revolve around you. You choose to ride a motorcycle in the streets, you need to accept the fact that there are cagers out there who will make a mistakes. The only difference is, if you choose to increase the odds by going 100+, pulling wheelies, or stunting (on your invisible bike), that you are in a position to body slam that cage, rather than have a cage around you with an airbag for protection.

And do you guys think that your "invisible" because of idiot cagers who simply don't look out for you? Yes, that can be true. But it's also because you are tiny (in comparison to a cage), and you easily blend in to the environment behind and around you... and when you're goind 2-3x the speed, wtf do you expect to happen? In the States especially, it's the cager's world, whether you accept it or not.

I hope you guys figure it out one day. It's like deja vu for me (and I'm sure alot of other seasoned riders here) seeing this attitude you guys possess. Unbelievable how it repeats generation after generation
Who gives a about cars and cars...and where did anyone say they figure they own the road ??? FACT IS....most cars don't pay enough attention to bikes. ..if they paid attention..there wouldn't be the cars on cars u speak of would there ??

Old 04-10-2008, 01:01 AM   #35
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Who gives a about cars and cars...and where did anyone say they figure they own the road ??? FACT IS....most cars don't pay enough attention to bikes. ..if they paid attention..there wouldn't be the cars on cars u speak of would there ??
Like I said.... Un-f-believable. Carry on.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #36
1FastMF

Member Garage

Quote:
Like I said.... Un-f-believable. Carry on.
Good answer

Old 04-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #37
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Good answer
hahaha.... Man, I need to stop reading these threads for fear I may become the next Racer X, attitude and all!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:08 AM   #38
1FastMF

Member Garage

Quote:
hahaha.... Man, I need to stop reading these threads for fear I may become the next Racer X, attitude and all!
Ya ever been down ??? Ever been hit by a car ??? While minding your own business riding like a respectful person ??? And has it happened to you more than once ??? Ever had someone slam into u cause they ran a redlite ??? Now...in ur car..have u ever hit a biker ???

Old 04-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #39
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Ya ever been down ??? Ever been hit by a car ??? While minding your own business riding like a respectful person ??? And has it happened to you more than once ??? Ever had someone slam into u cause they ran a redlite ??? Now...in ur car..have u ever hit a biker ???
Man, you need to read more into my post (33), and figure out what I'm saying regarding cars. I've been riding street since I was 17. That's 24 yrs ago. What haven't I seen?

But to answer your questions (over the course of those 24 years):
yes
yes
yes
no
no
no
Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #40
1FastMF

Member Garage

Quote:
Man, you need to read more into my post (33), and figure out what I'm saying regarding cars. I've been riding street since I was 17. That's 24 yrs ago. What haven't I seen?

But to answer your questions (over the course of those 24 years):
yes
yes
yes
no
no
no
I just dont get this .....You guys need to get off this attitude that you own the roads, or everything must revolve around you. You choose to ride a motorcycle in the streets,

But it's cool..ur right

Closed Thread

Advertisement