MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #141
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
What are you talking about? I just posted and replied to every one of your points!
Really? I'd love to see your replies to my points. All you did was quote my post and try to twist what I was saying. My posts were very clear and specific, obviously you are not capable of understanding or comprehending what I'm saying.
Quote:
If you meant that he deserved to fall off his bike because he didn't check someone else's work then you should have simply stated as such.
No, that is not what I'm saying. What I said was simple- go back and read it- If someone offs themselves on a public road riding like an idiot, it's their own fault, no matter the extenuating circumstances.

You make some wild claim about someone getting hurt riding 65 mph, when dude clearly posted that it only happened at 135 mph. You are trying to make silly stretches and I'm an idiot for even replying to your posts.
Quote:
...so now I submitt you live in a dream world where everyone is a mechanic.
Again, at the risk of repeating myself yet again, everyone should be responsible for their bike's maintenance, at least enough to know when a friggin' wheel and or tire is mounted backwards. It's called responsibility, not "being a mechanic".
Quote:
You just outted yourself to the entire site so now they can see that you really only care about yourself. YAAAY! Darwinism at work.
See, that's what makes you a new guy. I "outed" myself a long time ago regarding my opinions about people riding double the speed limit, and all kinds of other illegal/ unsafe acts on public roads. This is nothing new, and you are making a huge leap of an umption since you don't know me at all- clearly if you did, you'd never say that I "only care about myself". If you wish though, I'll be happy to avoid helping you if that's your opinion- you know me too well. Simply to repeat again, if someone kills themselves on public roads doing something illegal and stupid like riding at double the speed limit- they know it's against the law and extremely dangerous- that's Darwinism.
Quote:
On that I will say that I am sorry if I offended you. I thought I was simply sharing ideas between another rider and myself. I hope you can agree to disagree with me today. I hold no grudges!
Whatever dude, you baited me and I took the bait. It's nothing new. I'm sure your riding experience and skill far supersedes mine, but I'm not sure I'm going to agree with anything you've said thus far. Maybe one day you'll post something I will agree with though. I don't get offended, and I hold no grudges either- it would take a lot more than this to get there
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biggest wobbles and best saves in MotoGP ArmyApe General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-27-2013 03:52 PM
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
the wobbles BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-25-2006 04:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #142
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Really? I'd love to see your replies to my points. All you did was quote my post and try to twist what I was saying. My posts were very clear and specific, obviously you are not capable of understanding or comprehending what I'm saying. No, that is not what I'm saying. What I said was simple- go back and read it- If someone offs themselves on a public road riding like an idiot, it's their own fault, no matter the extenuating circumstances.

You make some wild claim about someone getting hurt riding 65 mph, when dude clearly posted that it only happened at 135 mph. You are trying to make silly stretches and I'm an idiot for even replying to your posts. Again, at the risk of repeating myself yet again, everyone should be responsible for their bike's maintenance, at least enough to know when a friggin' wheel and or tire is mounted backwards. It's called responsibility, not "being a mechanic". See, that's what makes you a new guy. I "outed" myself a long time ago regarding my opinions about people riding double the speed limit, and all kinds of other illegal/ unsafe acts on public roads. This is nothing new, and you are making a huge leap of an umption since you don't know me at all- clearly if you did, you'd never say that I "only care about myself". If you wish though, I'll be happy to avoid helping you if that's your opinion- you know me too well. Simply to repeat again, if someone kills themselves on public roads doing something illegal and stupid like riding at double the speed limit- they know it's against the law and extremely dangerous- that's Darwinism.

Whatever dude, you baited me and I took the bait. It's nothing new. I'm sure your riding experience and skill far supersedes mine, but I'm not sure I'm going to agree with anything you've said thus far. Maybe one day you'll post something I will agree with though. I don't get offended, and I hold no grudges either- it would take a lot more than this to get there

Thats cool. Just to review. I completely agree with you it is stupid to ride at that rate of speed in an uncontrolled circumstance. Where we differ is that it is his fault for not knowing how, or to check that his wheel was loose. Really that was all I said, and that I felt bad that he got "taken" by his mechanic, and that yes he could have been seriously injured. He payed for service, and got something else. On that can we agree? At no point did I justify his use of unwarented speed. NOT CONDONED. Who knows maybe this guy is 15 and just got his first superbike and doesn't know shyt from shynola. Hopefully he reads our banter and realizes what could have been. OK?

tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #143
gsxxxr
gp shift ftw!

Bike(s):
08 gsxr 600, 07 raptor 700

Send a message via AIM to gsxxxr
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
135 on the beltway=death

Lucky you escaped it that time, next time you may not be as lucky.
+1
Old 04-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #144
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Thats cool. Just to review. I completely agree with you it is stupid to ride at that rate of speed in an uncontrolled circumstance. Where we differ is that it is his fault for not knowing how, or to check that his wheel was loose. Really that was all I said, and that I felt bad that he got "taken" by his mechanic, and that yes he could have been seriously injured. He payed for service, and got something else. On that can we agree? At no point did I justify his use of unwarented speed. NOT CONDONED. Who knows maybe this guy is 15 and just got his first superbike and doesn't know shyt from shynola. Hopefully he reads our banter and realizes what could have been. OK?

tomlstd is a track guy and knows what hes talking about, this is a board were everyone looks out for other riders and does there best to keep people safe on here, obviously the guy went 135 on a shky wheel and didint know how to check for things that may of been wrong with his bike, he posted up a situation and got answers from people on the baord, as for the part of not everyone being mechanics, they should take the moment to learn what there getting themselves into, it makes the difference of riding your bike tomorrow or riding in the back of a hurst, thats what people who do know about bike have been telling him, now he knows, oh and welcome to mh
Old 04-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #145
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Thats cool. Just to review. I completely agree with you it is stupid to ride at that rate of speed in an uncontrolled circumstance. Where we differ is that it is his fault for not knowing how, or to check that his wheel was loose.
Fair enough- but just to clarify, I'm not saying he's "at fault" for not knowing, all I'm saying (as Omega has put it well) is that it is everyone's responsibility to have a basic understanding of your bike, and next time, he should really educate himself about the bike (per my reference of watching Javi- , I'm sure Javi would even give him a great education about such things anyway).
Quote:
Really that was all I said, and that I felt bad that he got "taken" by his mechanic, and that yes he could have been seriously injured. He payed for service, and got something else. On that can we agree?
For sure, I agree- I only wish more people who are new to riding would find a site (like this one) to better educate themselves about such an awesome responsibility as owning a sportbike.
Quote:
At no point did I justify his use of unwarented speed. NOT CONDONED. Who knows maybe this guy is 15 and just got his first superbike and doesn't know shyt from shynola. Hopefully he reads our banter and realizes what could have been. OK?
Absolutely, and agreed.

I wish there was a community like this around when I bought my first bike at 15 o-so-many years ago. There's always some shady folks in the motorcycling community, and there seemed to be a lot more of them when I got started. Now, we've got some awesome folks in the motorcycle parts and service industry that actually care and take the time to educate their customers.

My two favorite examples of this is Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited (including his family and all his employees), and Andy at Metric Motorcycles. Both of these rare individuals are an asset and credit to the motorcycling community in Houston and the surrounding areas.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #146
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Ya obviously he is a track guy I figured that one out. I just took offense to his thinking that is was ok that someone, anyone, gets hurt, even if they are a noob. We disagreed as to whether the mechanic should take responsibilty for letting something go that was unsafe. That being said, ride within your limits and for sure he should have checked his rig before going that fast. Oh yeah and he called me a whiner. NOT COOL. Its whatever I'm bigger than that. Thanks for someone welcoming me to the site.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #147
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Fair enough- but just to clarify, I'm not saying he's "at fault" for not knowing, all I'm saying (as Omega has put it well) is that it is everyone's responsibility to have a basic understanding of your bike, and next time, he should really educate himself about the bike (per my reference of watching Javi- , I'm sure Javi would even give him a great education about such things anyway). For sure, I agree- I only wish more people who are new to riding would find a site (like this one) to better educate themselves about such an awesome responsibility as owning a sportbike.

Absolutely, and agreed.

I wish there was a community like this around when I bought my first bike at 15 o-so-many years ago. There's always some shady folks in the motorcycling community, and there seemed to be a lot more of them when I got started. Now, we've got some awesome folks in the motorcycle parts and service industry that actually care and take the time to educate their customers.

My two favorite examples of this is Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited (including his family and all his employees), and Andy at Metric Motorcycles. Both of these rare individuals are an asset and credit to the motorcycling community in Houston and the surrounding areas.

Cool. Thanks for clarifying. I hope next time we can be on the same side of the arguement. Good discussion!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #148
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

My $.02; I agree with Tom. Too many people treat a bike just like their car. Gas and go. They forget that, unlike a car, a flat, or suspension, or dirvetrain failure on a bike can be fatal.

If you ride a bike, it behooves not only you, but also your family and friends, to educate yourself on the basic maintenance.

It amazes me how many people can not perform the basics, like tire pressure, chain adjustment, brake inspection, and suspension inspection.

But it's all good; hop on and ride 140 down the Belt and "hope" it's all in good shape......
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #149
Abbas_Raza

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

You guys are crazy. I dont check because i dont know what to look for. U guys that that are blaming me can go suck a DIC*. i l Know most of you guys went faster then me on a public road before.
Now i know the people who can really help me and the people who i dont want to waste my time talking too.
Abbas_Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #150
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Seriously. If you don't know what to check for, please learn. Especially if you want to routinely run those speeds.

Because it hurts when you fall down. Trust me, I know.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #151
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas_Raza View Post
You guys are crazy. I dont check because i dont know what to look for. U guys that that are blaming me can go suck a DIC*. i l Know most of you guys went faster then me on a public road before.
Now i know the people who can really help me and the people who i dont want to waste my time talking too.
1. No one is blaming you... but it is the rider's responsiility to know and understand his vehicle.
2. Yes, i am sure most of us have gone fast on public roads, but you grow up and leave that kind of riding in your youth... nothing wrong with it, but you did it and did not know your machine....
3. I think everyone here has welcomed you to the MH family and would like to see you riding for many years to come... take all comments with a grain of salt.... dismiss those that are offensive, accept those that are helpful as constructive critism (as you keep learning)...
4. Keep asking questions and keep learning... not everyone is mechanically inclined and that is fine, but at a minimum try to learn what is going on with your ride...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #152
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Calm Down man
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #153
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
hey don't worry, even those of us who check our stuff on a regular basis still miss things ourselves. Just friday at the trackday i was standing beside a bike, looked at the front wheel for some reason and noticed that the axle nut was missing from the front axle. That could have been devastating to multiple people. so, even though your bike is tech'd or inspected, that doesn't mean that something won't come loose or fall off while riding
CarbonJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #154
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
hey don't worry, even those of us who check our stuff on a regular basis still miss things ourselves. Just friday at the trackday i was standing beside a bike, looked at the front wheel for some reason and noticed that the axle nut was missing from the front axle. That could have been devastating to multiple people. so, even though your bike is tech'd or inspected, that doesn't mean that something won't come loose or fall off while riding

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #155
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
BTW, did you see the tires on T's bike yesterday?? That is what a set of tires should look like after a days riding! FOO!!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #156
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
BTW, did you see the tires on T's bike yesterday?? That is what a set of tires should look like after a days riding! FOO!!!!!
... and now she can pose beside it and say "look at my tires, what chicken strips! "
Old 04-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #157
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Grow the frag up, take your licks and learn.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #158
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
... and now she can pose beside it and say "look at my tires, what chicken strips! "
yeah, soon as there back, i'll try to remove em again.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #159
cz3ch

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:

You know, I'm a total Noob to SportBikes but I will say with your attitude you most likely won't survive long. These guys are trying to help you get your sh*t together so you don't become an obituary entry and you just come back at them.

Why not humble yourself, listen to them, and quit making excuses for what should be common sense. Logic should tell you if your bike is wobbling (at any speed) something is mechanically not right.

And as far as racing on the track, if you can't afford it then don't about it and don't go. Your money is better invested fixing your 600RR and getting that straight, focusing on your riding skills before you even hit the track.

Not trying to flame you as you're about as charbroiled as it gets here, but seriously man get your head right and stay alive!

-cz-
cz3ch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement