MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #121
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

^ yeah, I didn't mean to just chop the gas off - just ease off.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biggest wobbles and best saves in MotoGP ArmyApe General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-27-2013 03:52 PM
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
the wobbles BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-25-2006 04:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #122
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Biggest thing is RELAX the grip and let the bike sort itself out. Most terminal tank slappers are caused by the rider chopping the gas and trying to grab the bars hard to straighten it out.

Sad to say but I wager most are caused by the operator putting too much weight on the bars and inducing unwanted steering input.. bend those elbows and relax people.

The thing is inherently stable and will sort itself out.. unless you have other issues that are causing it.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"

Last edited by texlurch; 04-11-2008 at 04:05 PM.
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #123
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

would slight >>slight<< rear brake help - - to drag a bit off the pushing that's happening on the front wheel??

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #124
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
would slight >>slight<< rear brake help - - to drag a bit off the pushing that's happening on the front wheel??
Probably not.. the rear wheel is a big gyro stabilizer that makes the bike want to stand up and go straight, so anything you do to slow it or put more weight on the front would be counter productive.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #125
jason

Bike(s):
1999 r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
Dude, you're nuts, but you're only cool if u go through the ez tag at 140mph.
is that really true?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #126
Abbas_Raza

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

anyways news up date i let a fried see it and he said my rim and tire and like roters were on backwards so i am going to give it one more chance but i will not go as fast. Ill let you guys know tomorrow
Abbas_Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #127
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Let us know who changed the tires so we can all be sure NOT to go there.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #128
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas_Raza View Post
anyways news up date i let a fried see it and he said my rim and tire and like roters were on backwards so i am going to give it one more chance but i will not go as fast. Ill let you guys know tomorrow
:e ek3::eek 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Let us know who changed the tires so we can all be sure NOT to go there.
PPPPPLLLLLEEAASSSEEE
Old 04-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #129
Abbas_Raza

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

I rode it and the guy who changed my tire did not tighten it up all the way so Saturday i took it to true methods off of bellaire and man did he do a great job. He took the tire off and re did every thing in the front and the bike felt strong again. so ya THANKS JAVI
Old 04-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #130
Abbas_Raza

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

The guy who did every thong for me in the beginning does not have a shop he really just works from his home. I use to trust him because my first bike i wreck the whole front end and he only charged me 100 bucks for labor. But now i guess he got lazy on me so F*** HIM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #131
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

He could have KILLED you. That is not cool. You need to go over there and kick his seabass! No don't. But do go tell him he is lazy and doesn't know what he is doing and might I remind you... HE COULD HAVE KILLED YOU!

Then again you get what you pay for.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #132
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
He could have KILLED you. That is not cool. You need to go over there and kick his seabass! No don't. But do go tell him he is lazy and doesn't know what he is doing and might I remind you... HE COULD HAVE KILLED YOU!

Then again you get what you pay for.
Come on, anyone who rides at those speeds on public roads is killing themselves, no matter who turned the wrenches.

You should have watched Javi work on the bike so you know how to do it yourself next time.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #133
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Come on, anyone who rides at those speeds on public roads is killing themselves, no matter who turned the wrenches.

You should have watched Javi work on the bike so you know how to do it yourself next time.
Um... so you cant die on a bike doing 65mph?? Or under that? Would have it been ok if he went to the track and died because of it. Your blame is wrongly placed. Period.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #134
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Um... so you cant die on a bike doing 65mph?? Or under that? Would have it been ok if he went to the track and died because of it. Your blame is wrongly placed. Period.
Whine all you want, I know what reality is. I didn't say anything about the track, simply, riding like that on public roads is dumb, and if someone kills themselves because they're doing a buck & quarter or higher on the street is Darwinism at work

Besides, everyone who rides a bike should be astute enough to know if their wheels/ tires are on backwards

There are people I trust to work on my bike (like Patrick), but don't think for one second that I don't go behind him and check the work- and I'm know he does the work expecting me to check behind him.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #135
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Whine all you want, I know what reality is. I didn't say anything about the track, simply, riding like that on public roads is dumb, and if someone kills themselves because they're doing a buck & quarter or higher on the street is Darwinism at work

Besides, everyone who rides a bike should be astute enough to know if their wheels/ tires are on backwards

There are people I trust to work on my bike (like Patrick), but don't think for one second that I don't go behind him and check the work- and I'm know he does the work expecting me to check behind him.
You didn't have to say anything about the track because it is all over your signature and avatar. DUH! AND you insinuated it by claiming public roads.

Here is the point: He got crappy work done, regardless of where or how his bike would have failed he could have died. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ARGUING THAT HE DESERVED THAT?
Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #136
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
You didn't have to say anything about the track because it is all over your signature and avatar.
New guy, I don't change my signature or avatar for specific posts, I post about a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with track days. For you though, I'll try to change my avatar and signature to fit every post

Quote:
AND you insinuated it by claiming public roads.
Well, what would you rather me refer to it as? Was he NOT riding on a public road? How would you like me to re-word this for you?

Quote:
Here is the point: He got crappy work done, regardless of where or how his bike would have failed he could have died. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ARGUING THAT HE DESERVED THAT?
Wow, we sure are dramatic, aren't we?

NOW, here is the point:

1. Riding on public roads at that speed is D U M B.

2. IF you ride like that on a public road and kill yourself, it's your own fault no matter the circumstances. Here is an example: IF you are riding at 100+ mph on a public road, and someone pulls in to your lane and hits you, it's still your dumb fault.

3. You should be responsible for your own maintenance on your bike PERIOD. Know your bike, and know what to look for. It's your own fault for not educating yourself about your machinery.

4. Obviously my words are lost on some of you for some reason, but in my line of work, I see death and destruction every time I show up for work. I see the results of people's idiocy. I have a very educated opinion about this.

5. By all means, don't let my opinion stop anyone from doubling the speed limits on the street or riding like an idiot- that's just job security for PD, SO, EMS, and FD
Old 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #137
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
New guy, I don't change my signature or avatar for specific posts, I post about a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with track days. For you though, I'll try to change my avatar and signature to fit every post

Well, what would you rather me refer to it as? Was he NOT riding on a public road? How would you like me to re-word this for you?

*Again so if his tire was loose and he was at a track it would have been not his fault because he was at a track? Elitist. I wasn't arguing the fact that it is not safe/stoopid. I was just commenting that he could be hurt by someonelses action. Why don't you understand that?

Wow, we sure are dramatic, aren't we?

*How about real. Again he could have died because someone else did crappy work

NOW, here is the point:

1. Riding on public roads at that speed is D U M B.

*Didn't argue that

2. IF you ride like that on a public road and kill yourself, it's your own fault no matter the circumstances. Here is an example: IF you are riding at 100+ mph on a public road, and someone pulls in to your lane and hits you, it's still your dumb fault.

*So if he was riding at 65 doing the speed limit and he had a malfunction and died it would still have been his fault even though he was following all traffic laws?

3. You should be responsible for your own maintenance on your bike PERIOD. Know your bike, and know what to look for. It's your own fault for not educating yourself about your machinery.

*Agreed and point taken, but I don't remember that being a requirement for getting a motorcycle licence. Therefore, and untill then don't blame him for not knowing. You should lobby for such a law, you sound well qualified.

4. Obviously my words are lost on some of you for some reason, but in my line of work, I see death and destruction every time I show up for work. I see the results of people's idiocy. I have a very educated opinion about this.

*So even though you know NOTHING about me you assume you are better informed on idiot people and death and destruction? That is an elitist comment if I've ever heard one.

5. By all means, don't let my opinion stop anyone from doubling the speed limits on the street or riding like an idiot- that's just job security for PD, SO, EMS, and FD
*Obviously you don't care about the public that those jobs serve. GOOD JOB! Keep thinking about job security, and self interests!

Just because I only have a few posts on this site please don't think I don't know what I am talking about. How you can defend thinking that someone else deserves to die by falling off a bike and you belong to this site is horrendous.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #138
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
*Obviously you don't care about the public that those jobs serve. GOOD JOB! Keep thinking about job security, and self interests!

Just because I only have a few posts on this site please don't think I don't know what I am talking about. How you can defend thinking that someone else deserves to die by falling off a bike and you belong to this site is horrendous.
Keep living in your dream world and believe what you want and keep avoiding my points. I'm out, this is getting silly.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #139
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas_Raza View Post
I rode it and the guy who changed my tire did not tighten it up all the way so Saturday i took it to true methods off of bellaire and man did he do a great job. He took the tire off and re did every thing in the front and the bike felt strong again. so ya THANKS JAVI
Well that is a good learning experience. Patrick offers a basic maintenance class; I recommend investing confidence and knowledge in a small vehicle that is propelling you through space at those speeds.

As for the other posts, takes a lot of restraint to control these bikes on the street at the legal speeds, and takes a lot of risk with consiquences for abusing or misjudging those risks. That's the only cents I'll throw on that topic.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #140
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Keep living in your dream world and believe what you want and keep avoiding my points. I'm out, this is getting silly.
What are you talking about? I just posted and replied to every one of your points! If you meant that he deserved to fall off his bike because he didn't check someone else's work then you should have simply stated as such. On that point I will humbly dissagree with you. BTW so does society because it is not a requirement to ride a bike, so now I submitt you live in a dream world where everyone is a mechanic. He got work done, trusted it and shouldn't have, but I don't think he deserved to get hurt because of that; again regardless of his speed or location. That was all I said. But please take your ball and go home because you know it is a poor arguement. You just outted yourself to the entire site so now they can see that you really only care about yourself. YAAAY! Darwinism at work.

On that I will say that I am sorry if I offended you. I thought I was simply sharing ideas between another rider and myself. I hope you can agree to disagree with me today. I hold no grudges!

Advertisement