MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #101
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

uhhhmmm I am sure he meant $180 for the track day. The gear costs are assuming you don't have gear.

But he did leave off gas, lunch, gas for the tow vehicle, and misc expenses that would total up to somewhere around $69.75.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biggest wobbles and best saves in MotoGP ArmyApe General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-27-2013 03:52 PM
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
the wobbles BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-25-2006 04:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #102
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
uhhhmmm I am sure he meant $180 for the track day. The gear costs are assuming you don't have gear.

But he did leave off gas, lunch, gas for the tow vehicle, and misc expenses that would total up to somewhere around $69.75.
ya after i read it again i edited it. at first when i read it im like wtf that dont add up.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #103
Abbas_Raza

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
well it's prolly not the tire then.
Then what else could it be? it was fine before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanworrell View Post
Still cheaper then ticket/bail/lawyer/insurance ect ect

Goto baytown on sundays. You likely wont even need full leathers. Just boats and leather jacket if your under 150 mph (i think) and its only 20 bux and you can run all day.
That sounds good i have a leather jacket and Tim boots. where in baytown is it?
Abbas_Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #104
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas_Raza View Post
Then what else could it be? it was fine before.

That sounds good i have a leather jacket and Tim boots. where in baytown is it?
It's drag racing.

One of the country's best NHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile strips. East of Baytown on FM 565.

Me, I'd want leather pants, gauntlet gloves and real riding boots. Also will probably need a tether kill-switch.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #105
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

Quote:
It's drag racing.

One of the country's best NHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile strips. East of Baytown on FM 565.

Me, I'd want leather pants, gauntlet gloves and real riding boots. Also will probably need a tether kill-switch.
Ya depends on who's there. I've gone without a kill-switch before. Either way making a kill-switch is so easy. I believe there is a thread on this site how to make one for uber cheap.

http://www.houstonraceway.com/
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #106
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Dude, you're nuts, but you're only cool if u go through the ez tag at 140mph.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #107
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanworrell View Post
Still cheaper then ticket/bail/lawyer/insurance ect ect

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get caught at those speeds and it will cost you far more than any track day period...
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #108
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
so if he takes it to the texas mile to top out his bike did your response help him at all?

like i said get a stabilizer, check proper tire pressure, check your forks.

even with a stabilizer you'll get some head shake on ****ed up roads.

Pay Attention:

Not at the track. Not on a closed course. So, No. Not Sorry. No help at all. Glad he didn't fall and this isn't another RIP thread!
yes i got that,thats why i said " IF HE TAKES IT TO THE TEXAS MILE"
i get that he was speeding,and dont lie we've all done it. even racer x gets speeding tickets

what i responded to was to help his HEAD SHAKE PROBLEM! not tell him to slow down, because if he does take it to a road course track or a texas mile, he could still be KILLED due to a nasty wobble at those speeds.
PowerSurgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #109
Abbas_Raza

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4iguy View Post
i get that he was speeding,and dont lie we've all done it. even racer x gets speeding tickets

what i responded to was to help his HEAD SHAKE PROBLEM! not tell him to slow down, because if he does take it to a road course track or a texas mile, he could still be KILLED due to a nasty wobble at those speeds.
Dude your right on the money
Old 04-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #110
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4iguy
Hmm... my last speeding ticket was in the 80's.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #111
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

The dude's bike has a headshake problem and some of you guys are trying to get him to do a trackday?

More then likely, its due to non matching tires....BELIEVE IT OR NOT....I have had this same problem, went through the entire bike with a fine tooth come and found nothing wrong.... turns out, the guy had a BT56j on the front and a metzler ME on the back that was only a few hundred miles old. We swapped a matching BT56j on the rear and the problem quit.....Ofcourse this happened after I got thrown into a headshake on it at about 100mph in 3rd and it was whipping lock to lock..... It is a scary feeling...

Obviously, check your steering head bearing adjustment, check axle alignment, make your your suspension settings are the same on both forks. If its none of that, check the wheelbearings(front AND rear). If you detect no problems on any of that stuff, change the rear tire to match the front.

I know I know, I have ran mismatched tires for years with no problems but every now and then, I come across a bike that refuses mismatched tires.... I have also had a rear wheelbearing go bad and cause a wobble in the bars at 60mph.....

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #112
mattj0206

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
02 R1

is there any way it would be the new tire because he said that he road on it only twice. I was under the impression that they had to wear in
mattj0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #113
Abbas_Raza

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

man it could be but i have no idea ???? hopefully its just that and nothing else cuz i dont feel like paying an arm an leg to fix this problem
Old 04-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #114
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

buy a steering damper
Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #115
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I can relate to you (not the 135mph part) Abba or whatever your name says... I just bought an 02 954. I have been riding regularly this week and suddenly I had a moment of clarity. I had not even had this biked ckecked out by a pro! I doesn't matter if I am going 40 or 140mph...if something isnt right, from a safety standpoint, my is in trouble!!! I made an appointment with Patrick, because Motorcycles Unlimited was recommended to me outside this site prior to me joining. I made the appointment because I have no trailer and I want to wait. Having thought about it more, I think I am going to get over there tomorrow because there may be more things I need done, they may need more time and you can not put a price on safety. (This does NOT mean I am handing over a black check Motorcycles Unlimited if you read this!!!) I want it all checked...suspension, brakes, etc.

The way I figure, spend the money on the bike, make sure it is in tact, then I can save for the fancy lid, $400 jackets, paint and all the flashy stuff.

I found my jacket, helmet, gloves on craigslist for cheap.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #116
Abbas_Raza

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

My name is Abbas but ya ur right i will be going over there Friday.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #117
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

you should have accelerated instead of slowing down
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #118
Abbas_Raza

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyzel View Post
you should have accelerated instead of slowing down
why
Old 04-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #119
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Some people say that when the front tire starts to oscillate that the rider should gas the bike. In theory, they'll explain, this loads the rear of the bike and lightens the front of the bike, thereby lifting it a little bit.

They argue that if the front tire is not carrying as much of the load that the wobble will go away.

I've never really warmed to this idea. Most of the wobbles that I've encountered were started by acceleration (sometimes over a bumpy surface, but maybe just hard acceleration with too quick of an upshift) - and it never felt that accelerating harder would do anything but make the wobble worse.

I may be wrong (and usually am) but what I do when the bike shakes it's head and says, "NO SIR!" is just ease off the throttle. Don't grab a handful of brake, just let the engine braking do the work. I've endured quite a few good wobbles on Houston-area roads and have never been bucked off - you can more than likely ride it out if you keep your cool and don't over react.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #120
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Some people say that when the front tire starts to oscillate that the rider should gas the bike. In theory, they'll explain, this loads the rear of the bike and lightens the front of the bike, thereby lifting it a little bit.

They argue that if the front tire is not carrying as much of the load that the wobble will go away.

I've never really warmed to this idea. Most of the wobbles that I've encountered were started by acceleration (sometimes over a bumpy surface, but maybe just hard acceleration with too quick of an upshift) - and it never felt that accelerating harder would do anything but make the wobble worse.

I may be wrong (and usually am) but what I do when the bike shakes it's head and says, "NO SIR!" is just ease off the throttle. Don't grab a handful of brake, just let the engine braking do the work. I've endured quite a few good wobbles on Houston-area roads and have never been bucked off - you can more than likely ride it out if you keep your cool and don't over react.
Yep, good advice.... or just hold a constant throttle and let the bike straighten itself out.....usually if you get on the brakes or let off the gas too hard when you are at the beginning of a slapper, it only gets worse.....Hitting the throttle harder has never worked for me at straightening one out thats starting to dance.... I ususally just stay on the gas or LIGHTLY let out of it some...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement