MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
Lafonda McNasty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Lafonda McNasty
Ebay bike scam

So I was just looking around at bikes on ebay last week and I found a 04' gsxr 600 with 600 miles for 2800. obviously its a scam so i decided to screw with him a bit. I wrote him an email saying that I would buy the bike..here is our email conversation so far...any ideas what I should tell him next?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, my computer has been down and I was not able to check my email.

This is a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 600 with only 683 miles on it.This bike has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior condition,No Scratches,No Dents,No Rust, No Leaks. It has never been laid down,it runs and looks perfect.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.This bike is in pristine condition,rides out great and everything works as it should.This is a one owner bike and it comes with US clear title which will be signed and nothorized in buyer's name.

The price is US $2,800.00,shipping included.The bike is located in France and it will be shipped from here on my expance.
The transaction will be closed only through eBay, in this way we will both be protected.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you!

then i wrote

how do I pay you?

then he wrote..

Hi,

Shipping will be done via FedEx.The bike will be shipped crated from France (I am married here) on my expense,i will support the shipping costs and insurance.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,it will take no more than 4 days,somebody must be home when the bike arrives to sign for the reception.It will be shipped crated and i will put in the crate 1 helmet,a cover for the bike and two sets of keys.The title and the bill of sale with the original manuals ,etc..will be together with the bike.So once you get the bike ,you will receive the paperswork.
I prefer the payment to be hold by a third party and only after you receive and test the bike, the payment has to be released to me.You will only discous about the payment with the third party involved in the deal.

Let me know if this is ok with you and i will initiate the transaction through the third party and you will be contacted with all the details regarding the payment.

Thanks!
Lafonda McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
deadbeat ebay/ possible bike thief JP171 Off Topic 5 06-22-2010 11:25 AM
K5(or Smitty's) Bike on Ebay DvlRacer Off Topic 18 01-09-2009 02:58 PM
another ebay scam pester General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 12-06-2007 07:07 PM
Beee U tiful bike on ebay level5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 01-05-2007 10:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #2
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

When i was looking for my bike I've heard a lot of people getting bikes with bent frams from over seas. Just look out. o and also one guy got the bike but with no plastics and with no tank. i thought that was funny but sucked. I know i'd be !

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Just tell him that everything sounds good, and then give him a few third party companies.

His next move will be to come up with his own third party, and insist on using them.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Tell him to take a picture of the bike with a special request...like a tissue in your nose. Or your name on a piece of paper.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

tell him you want to pick the thirdy party site.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #6
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdawgR6
Tell him to take a picture of the bike with a special request...like a tissue in your nose. Or your name on a piece of paper.
:laughing6

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #7
donmeeega

Send a message via AIM to donmeeega Send a message via Yahoo to donmeeega
haha welcome to the club. din and i always send out emails inquiring about bikes that are obvious scams acting like we are interesting. we always tell them we have cash and will drive to the door and do local pick up, but as usual they always have some kind of excuse. entertaining nonetheless.
donmeeega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

tell him you have a friend who is an army ranger on investigative leave for use of excessive force in iraq... he is currently stationed in france RIGHT NOW...

you would like to send him over to have a look at the bike...

SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:26 PM   #9
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

penny pic?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #10
Lafonda McNasty

Send a message via AIM to Lafonda McNasty
I just wrote him an email requesting him take a picture with the bike holding a frying pan, I will post the pic if he sends me anything
Lafonda McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #11
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
This is becoming awesome! I can't wait to see this thing with a frying pan! :laughing4
Old 10-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #12
Robopath
Post Crusader

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafonda McNasty
I just wrote him an email requesting him take a picture with the bike holding a frying pan, I will post the pic if he sends me anything
haha

other than the price, that all seems great. The only thing that could go wrong from here would be him demanding you use a third party that he supplies. Be very suspicious (aka DONT DO ANYTHING) if he sends you the link to the site. People like to set up dummy pages that just pipe them your information that look like a legit site. Suggest he uses Escrow and make sure you initiate the transaction from the Escrow site yourself. If that happens then your set.

Could be a huge bargain, prolly isnt. But so far hes saying at least three things a typical scammer wouldnt say.

1.Complete the trans. in EBay.
2.Third Party payment.
3.Hes speaking with you and not just TELLING you what to do.

Advertisement