MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #41
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
you had gear on right? helmet? gloves? jacket? (leather would of been best for the following) why flip the bird and hide? pull the bike into a parking lot and see if he follows... stay geared up... if he wants to say something about him almost running your over (you prob would of been better off slowing down and letting him over then passing) then let him step out and say it

that punch to the helmet and jacket isnt going to hurt very much and a swing back with harden plastic or metal knuckles in your gloves is going to hurt a whole of alot more lol
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Rage Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 09-17-2014 10:14 AM
Road Rage Rykoson Off Topic 8 11-21-2013 08:22 PM
Road rage bdmpastx Off Topic 36 06-19-2013 09:24 PM
road rage anyone? Azylum Off Topic 5 07-27-2008 02:24 PM
ROAD RAGE FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 12-20-2006 10:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #42
KMFT
WHLS UP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
"the" proper procedure would have been to let him stop next to you, kick his mirror off, then haul !!!!
Best post evAr!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #43
PB125

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

Pepper-Spray some numb-nut next time and he'll think twice about f'n with sport-bike riders. That'll make his day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #44
Trailerdgixx6
Seriously?

Bike(s):
01 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Trailerdgixx6
Living in Houston and surrounding areas practically forever I've learned everyone on the road wants to kill you whether your on the bike or in a car. Just watch for morons, they are everywhere. Theres almost no point in confrontation when everyone just wants to pull a gun nowdays....remember what they say...Even if you win the Special Olympics you're still.....
Trailerdgixx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #45
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

why get into further confrontation. As House MD says, "People don't change"..... and altercation will do nothing but jeopardize you, not change anything.... SO, i would have avoided any finger throwing and just gassed and gotten away. If they want to stew let them, just don't give more reason to provoke.

As cliche as it sounds, with the stories lately, it seems a lot of people with those type of tempers seem to have a weapon on board somewhere. If it was assured this person had no weapon... ie threatening you while walking arounds stark naked, i'd say address the issue.....

Your life as rider and friend to people here is too valuable to have it end at the end of a news story or RIP thread.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #46
Drumboy

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Similar thing happened to me this morning, white van going 2mph across Heights blvd on I-10 feeder, I try to pass in the right lane, he floors it so I can't get in front of him so I squeezed in front of him and the car in front of him as well. He laid on the horn as I was turning and then pulled next to me at the light at Yale & Washington and we talked shlt until the light turned green.
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #47
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
you had gear on right? helmet? gloves? jacket? (leather would of been best for the following) why flip the bird and hide? pull the bike into a parking lot and see if he follows... stay geared up... if he wants to say something about him almost running your over (you prob would of been better off slowing down and letting him over then passing) then let him step out and say it

that punch to the helmet and jacket isnt going to hurt very much and a swing back with harden plastic or metal knuckles in your gloves is going to hurt a whole of alot more lol
I never get how people think you're better off fighting with gear on. You have limited flexibility with a jacket on (plus about 20lbs added so you'll gas faster) and yeah a shot to the head won't be as bad with a helmet on but they can twist the helmet or just pull it up and the strap will choke you. Swing the helmet at their head if you want to use it.
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #48
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

fight with no gear. I agree. It would be pointless though. I always figure a tard with a temper like that is packin. I'm no punk, but I just haul and avoid another trip to county for assault.my .02
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #49
PB125

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

As funny as it sounds, I WAS really just chiding about the pepper-spray thing. I do agree that one should avoid a conflict as much as possible. I've been in a few "spots" but thankfully, No Bozos! I think for the most part I stay ahead of the idiots.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #50
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Yep these hicks are dicks. Right in Pearland some just rode right up on our tails on the beltway feeder. Can't see what possesses someone to tailgate a motorcycle at 60 mph. Then he was a about it. So we just took off and got away from him.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #51
matt440rev

Bike(s):
TL1000R

when I first got here to houston, I thought it was just people making a mistake, but after being yelled at and flipped off about 100 times in a few weeks I realized there just dicks! I always look around, ride respectfully to all, and yet they see it as my fault when they cut me off, so now I changed my tactic from giving a wtf look to just walking up and punching them in the mouth as soon as they roll there window down. now im not like this to just anyone just the ***s that talk a lot of and keep being a after the incident. I've had people pass just to flip me off and slam on there brakes in front of me cause they didn't see me!! so I just follow them to the parking lot of their choice and let them know how I feel. I know its not the right thing to do but its only for extreme cases. what's the legal issues with doing sompthing like this? usually your gone long before they can even get their cell phone out but what if?

2004 mxzX 440 rev race sled with penske suspension
matt440rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #52
PB125

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

When I first started riding, I used all kinds of body language to get folks to back off ar whatever else these cagers do and found that it just them off more.
(Band-Camp story)..... I was riding two up with the wife on I-10 coming out of Katy when an idiot in a full size truck decides he wants a closer look at my wife's . (he's close enough that I can read "General Electric" on the headlamp in my mirror) I try to "waive" him of and was really using all five fingers so he gets closer. Now, it's been drizzling and the roads are wet and the freeway is kinda congested. His persistance at getting as close as he was had me worried.
So, he stays on our a little longer then finally changes lanes and pulls along side us and gives us the "mean-mug". By this time I'm dog- sweat, dizzy-eyed furious that this jackass has put my wife in danger and he needed a serious throttling. So I point to the shoulder to have him pull over so we can cuss and discuss. The drives on; I follow and relish the thought of putting my hands on this giant type !
So I have time as I'm following said idiot to contemplate and think, "I could be putting my wife in danger. She could get hurt by this dumb thing I'm about to do." So, I grind my teeth and slowly exit the freeway to go home. 'Proud that I showed maturity and turned the other cheek to keep her out of harms way. I'm such a gentleman.
As we're getting off the bike, my wife says to me, "I can't believe you let that go."

Now, I just twist the wrist and the idiots are left in the past.

Quote:

Last edited by PB125; 04-08-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: added text
Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #53
Jay
Deleted

you shoulda gone monkey style and flung some at him
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #54
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

1st - be extra careful when around vehicles pulling trailers.

Most likely you scared him by being in the spot where he thought he had an opening to move left.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #55
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

it sounds plausible to me that this guy (and others, who've gotten mad at me as well) got mad at you because he didn't see you (if he looked at all) and it didn't occur to him that you were there the whole time, so he probably assumed you were being an asshat and darting around unsafely and just happened to get into his "blind spot" when (if ever) he looked.

not saying it's justified, but admittedly i've overlooked bikes before too, i'm just able to realize that it has been my fault i didn't see them and luckily i've double checked rather than just moving over blindly.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #56
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Unexplainable road rage...thats crazy.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #57
ExtremeGas
dont get behind me

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 yamaha r6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
was this an 18 wheeler or a pu truck with a trailer? because if a 18 wheeler pulled up to you you ride way to slow
was a flatbed truck dully with a trailer ....
ExtremeGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #58
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

Crown Royal bag with old spark plugs or D batteries...nuff said
Jerran V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #59
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

is the best thing to throw it is sticky and stinky and embarrising to be hit by. perfect. now how do u get to it fast? and while riding? lol
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #60
ExtremeGas
dont get behind me

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 yamaha r6s

ill have a supply on hand in a little brown bag behind me ..... but it want just be any ill make sure i get it out of the womans restroom right after some huge chick drops a brick..... see how he likes that ...
ExtremeGas is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement