MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 02:11 AM   #1
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Thumbs up Race Weekend Report! (Prov Nov on Podium!)

Hey guys,
well back from the final CMRA round of the season. It was a very interesting weekend filled with sun and rain.

During the morning practice the weather was great and I had the opportunity to talk to various of you guys out there that came to watch. After some initial hard riding and some serious concentration I managed to take 3rd place in the superbike A class. :icon_bigg It was very challenging because the track was wet and it was so different than running the normal ways some of us are used to. That race is run with experts and novices and I managed to get 5th overall. i got to pass some experts! They probably can kick my in normal circumstances but a win is a win and i'll take it however I can :icon_bigg Prov nov on podium!!
Carlos raced too and he managed to better his lap times during the race as well.

There were many crashes throughout the day and for those that know what the track is like there was a fire that developed out by turns 7 & 8 and I have no idea how it happened but it was huuuuuge and fire trucks were out there. It could very well have been that the heat ignited some dry leaves but as I said i'm not sure what caused it.

After that fire broke out the back of the track was basicaly closed and seeing how the day was passing they decided to run the remaining 6 or 7 races through the short track!. I had never rode TWS (Texas World Speedway) that way and it was a learning experience. For those that know what TWS (Texas World Speedway) looks like the short track is an immediate left hander right after you come out of turn 3, that turns into a snake like configuration that ends up at the entrance of the horse shoe. Since the track had not been used the road was not up to temperature and bikes were squirly through there for some time till the track warmed up a bit.

Overall it was a good weekend and hopefully there will be more to come. See ya!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Well, I got my Prov Nov this weekend BryanE Taking it to the Track 15 10-15-2014 09:36 PM
Hare scramble race report from this weekend CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 02-18-2014 04:24 PM
lone star weekend nov 7 12pm theonepr83 Events, Meets and Rides 1 11-01-2010 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

It definitely was a great weekend!
The track was green all weekend from the previous weeks rain, and we saw more than a few people wind up in the air fence in 8a during the weekend.
Fifth Element blew the motor in their 750 during practice before Saturday's endurance, and had to scramble to get the 600 back up bike ready.
The race had quite a few red flags, but the weather was cooperative and Fifth Element took a 6th, which put them in 3rd overall for the year in Superstock A. Congrat Fifth Element!!

LSTD had some very uncharacteristic crashes , but still manged to place 2 in class for the season. Congrats guys! I know it's been a tough season all around but your dedication and persistance paid off, next year will be better.
Watch out K&N!

Our M/U sponsored team, Fireball Racing took a 1st in class and gave us the F2 Endurance Championship for 2005!
Sunday was wild, between the aforementioned fires, the occasional rain, and the schedule change due to the red flags and the USGPRU finals, it made for an interesting day.

Ronnie Hay came out and took two 2nd place finishes in SSB and SSC and one 3rd place in SBC, giving him three 2nd overall in class for the season! Even with a broken collarbone Ronnie, managed to lead part of SSB!

Bill Drake rode his on race is SSB Expert with both of the bones in his right forearm broken from Oak Hill, and managed a 7th place, earning him a 3rd overall for the season in SSB Expert behind Ty Howard and Bryan West.

Brandon took two 1st place finishes in F2 and LW Twins, giving him the Championship in those classes. He also placed 2nd in SSD and SBD which placed him 2nd overall for the season in those 2 classes.

Luke Conlin, who is the team captain for Fireball Racing decided to sprint Sunday in F2, LW twins and HW Twins. Starting from the very back of the grid Luke still managed a 3rd in F2, a 2nd in LW Twins and a 1st in HW Twins!

All in all it was a good weekend for us; we finished on the podium in every race we entered, and along the way took 3 Championships, five 2nd in class overall for the season, and one 3rd in class overall for the season.
It's been a great season, this group of guys are much more than just good racers, I'm also privileged to call them my friends!
I am very proud of all our riders and their accomplishments!!

I also want to thank everyone that supported Motorcycles Unlimited and SCRC this season, you help make all this possible, thanks again!

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

congrats everyone.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

congrats to gianni, carlos, patrick, brandon and all the folks associated with m-u racing for having an impressive and very successful season!!!... :notworthy

prepare for cabin fever!...

where's npr again?!?!?!...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #5
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

congrats to ginanni for placing 3rd in one of the sprints races. i checked out cmra website and the results were posted.

i was like WTF? when i saw some times of 1:11+. turns out ginanni just explained in his post that the track was shortened, lol
Old 10-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #6
paniro187

well i lost the front in turn three in the 2nd practice. got to see my bike do some cool flips end over end. i felt pretty strong yesterday too. probably form losing 20 lbs since the my last time on the track. ahh well roll on next season.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Gianni... congrats! That's a huge!!!

Patrick... you and the shop have had a sucessful season, thanks for allowing Fifth Element Racing to be a part of it. I only hope we can continue it into next season!

Charles... sorry to hear about your get-off.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #8
goldenboy
ROGUE

Bike(s):
RC51

Great Job Gianni !!
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:42 PM   #9
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

What can I say, what a season!
First off huge thanks to my partner & best bud Patrick. The hard work is always noticed & appriciated.
To all of our riders, wow, you all past my expectations. GREAT JOB!
Brandon, Thanks for the extra effort & the always exciting racing.
Ronnie & Bill riding injured really showed your commitment to the sport. Thanks!
Luke congrats on the finishes & thanks for all the help around the pits. Your a huge help.

I would like to thank everyone that supported South Central Race Center this year & I look forward to helping you guys/gals out next year.

I hope to see everyone at the benefit trackday up at Cresson MSR.

Thanks,
John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #10
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt
Gianni... congrats! That's a huge!!!

Patrick... you and the shop have had a sucessful season, thanks for allowing Fifth Element Racing to be a part of it. I only hope we can continue it into next season!

Charles... sorry to hear about your get-off.
wierd thing was i wasn't on the brakes or anything the front just let go. mid corner. can't belive i slid so far. :BangHead:

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown

Last edited by paniro187; 10-03-2005 at 09:15 PM.
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
ufo34
Carlos V

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Last edited by ufo34; 10-03-2005 at 10:08 PM.
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
speedismo
OCD for speed

congratz to all ya guyz..Gianni, Carlos, M/U folks! :notworthy
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #13
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Thanks to all you guys for the support! I had a very interesting day, and it was a great experience to race in damp/wet conditions. See yall out at the track! :icon_bigg

congrats to those who did well and everyone else that rode with passion for the sport!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Old 10-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #14
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Congrats to everyone from the track n00b.
You guys are my inspiration.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #15
ufo34
Carlos V

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

[QUOTE=Capafool]Thanks to all you guys for the support!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #16
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Even if I did get my race licence, I couldn't pit w/ you guys. I don't have blue tire warmers. Mine are yellow! woot

Race Weekend Report!   (Prov Nov on Podium!)

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #17
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Congrats to everybody!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #18
BubbaRRay

Feedback Rating: (7)

Oh Oh, I see my bike up there...hey and there's me. Awesome weekend. My first race weekend, but certainly not my last.
As far as my races went...I was happy with the consistency of my times. I need to work on going through slower track on the start/1st lap. I set a few of my personal best in 2nd practice at 1:58, DOH, should saved it for the races. I did hit a 1:59 in the race though. I think I won't run Formula 1 next season, just SSB, SSC, and SBC. One of the greatest things I've ever experienced. Thanks CMRA
CMRA #803
Check out my Sponsor House Page http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Member...m/Default.aspx
BubbaRRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #19
ufo34
Carlos V

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
Even if I did get my race licence, I couldn't pit w/ you guys. I don't have blue tire warmers. Mine are yellow! woot

Race Weekend Report!   (Prov Nov on Podium!)
Jason....... you can be our chief mechanic :icon_bigg
Old 10-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #20
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
You can bring them by my house for a quick paint job :icon_bigg I have the color to match ours!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46