MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #21
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


i'll spread this around. i know quite a few other riders in texas that aren't on MH.
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cali lane sharing is awesome! CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 12-06-2013 12:49 AM
Lane Splitting/Sharing... Tony1K Off Topic 11 01-08-2009 11:05 PM
Geez... sharing the lane?!?! specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-19-2008 08:10 PM
Lane-Sharing lane-splitting, white-lining or filtering NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 165 08-14-2008 03:30 PM
Lane Sharing sparky General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 12-22-2006 12:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #22
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel
 
johnpatrick87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Carolina
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 759

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR




Member Garage





email sent
__________________
johnpatrick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #23
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






Good for you guys! I love when people take a stand!

make sure you email your rep, and also email a brieg note advising you are contacting your state rep, but that you support Debra's research into this issue, and it is important to you. I'm sure it would make a difference to Gary Elkins office if they knew their was a a response to this.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #24
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,269

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
So because this is important to you, it's OK to tell me what should be important to me?

I don't understand how you can say you're tired of hearing that, I'm the only one that's said that.

I commuted for 15 years every day, I understand the issue and also think it's silly to get a ticket for lane splitting. However, I'd rather my reps concentrate on actual items of importance (like the Trans Texas Corridor, securing borders, enforcing existing laws of fair trade, etc, etc, etc) which is what I write them about. Not because my morning commute was extended by 10 minutes because of traffic. Asking them to concentrate on lane splitting, when placed in order of importance, would rank way down the list of things I'd rather them take care of.

But, if that's what you want to concentrate all of your effort on, be my guest. Just don't get sassy when I don't agree with you, and don't get upset because I have a different opinion
hey tom i dont think this thread is to discuss, is just to make ppl aware that there is a letter ready to be sent if we choose to do so

lets jump in the older threads if we want to discuss it. IMHO
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #25
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel
 
johnpatrick87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Carolina
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 759

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR




Member Garage





here is the reply I got from the email I sent..

Dear Mr. Blair:

Thank you for relaying to me your concerns with House Bill 1522 from the 79th legislative session. Please be assured that your comments have been recorded and will be seriously reviewed as we begin preparations for the 81st legislative session to begin in January 2009. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your views.

It is my honor to serve you in the Texas House.

Sincerely,

Fred Brown


__________________
johnpatrick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #26
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






good stuff!
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






Please post an update!

If you have taken action and emailed your rep:::: Please post here, i'd like to know what kind of response we have garnered so far!!!
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #28
PB125
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston,TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 450

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650








Dear Philip Burch,

Thank you for contacting my offices. Your correspondence has been received, and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. A copy of your message is attached below for your records.

If you need immediate assistance regarding an urgent problem you are experiencing with the federal government, visit the "Help With Federal Agencies" section of the website for details on how to proceed so that your difficulties are brought to my attention as soon as possible.

If you are seeking information or services from my offices that are NOT related to my Legislative duties, please visit my "Services For Texans" section for more information.

Warmest Regards,
U.S. Senator John Cornyn
__________________
2008 GSXR 750
02 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #29
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






Good going guys!
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #30
rhenriksen
Senior Member
 
rhenriksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rice Military, Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 981

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)






emails sent.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #31
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






Post

Total List of People Who Have Taken Action

Copy this list and add your name as you take a step. We need to see what kind of response we are generating.

- Remember to email Gary Elkins office AND your office, so they see the support for their research. They would be stepping out on a limb with a bunch of cager reps, who don't understand this, so its up to us to make the difference.

1. Sheldon Hull
2. rhenriksen
3. KenH (from Two Wheel Forum)
4. Sphinx
5. johnpatrick87
6. Dave C
7. PB125
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #32
sunshyn
Sunshyn
 
sunshyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Santa Fe, TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 582

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600









Copy this list and add your name as you take a step. We need to see what kind of response we are generating.

- Remember to email Gary Elkins office AND your office, so they see the support for their research. They would be stepping out on a limb with a bunch of cager reps, who don't understand this, so its up to us to make the difference.

1. Sheldon Hull
2. rhenriksen
3. KenH (from Two Wheel Forum)
4. Sphinx
5. johnpatrick87
6. Dave C
7. PB125
8. Sunshyn
__________________
Untitled 1 7
sunshyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #33
sunshyn
Sunshyn
 
sunshyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Santa Fe, TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 582

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
So because this is important to you, it's OK to tell me what should be important to me?

I don't understand how you can say you're tired of hearing that, I'm the only one that's said that.

I commuted for 15 years every day, I understand the issue and also think it's silly to get a ticket for lane splitting. However, I'd rather my reps concentrate on actual items of importance (like the Trans Texas Corridor, securing borders, enforcing existing laws of fair trade, etc, etc, etc) which is what I write them about. Not because my morning commute was extended by 10 minutes because of traffic. Asking them to concentrate on lane splitting, when placed in order of importance, would rank way down the list of things I'd rather them take care of.

But, if that's what you want to concentrate all of your effort on, be my guest. Just don't get sassy when I don't agree with you, and don't get upset because I have a different opinion
Now now MR! He never said that this should be important to you! He said it was to him and that if you support the idea to please take a stand. What he is doing is a great idea and apparantly a lot of other people think so. If you don't like don't do it but stop being a negative Sally will ya. Stay out of this thread if all you are going to do is be a sour grape! No hard feelings toward you but your actions are pretty disrespectful of another persons views. He never meant to offend anyone and he stated that if you think it's a good idea, please help. You don't think it is so try a diff. thread.
__________________
Untitled 1 7
sunshyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #34
ZX9Monkey
Aggie nerd
 
ZX9Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Houston/Aggieland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 68

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
FZ6









Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshyn View Post
Copy this list and add your name as you take a step. We need to see what kind of response we are generating.

- Remember to email Gary Elkins office AND your office, so they see the support for their research. They would be stepping out on a limb with a bunch of cager reps, who don't understand this, so its up to us to make the difference.

1. Sheldon Hull
2. rhenriksen
3. KenH (from Two Wheel Forum)
4. Sphinx
5. johnpatrick87
6. Dave C
7. PB125
8. Sunshyn
9. Zx9Monkey
Done
ZX9Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #35
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshyn View Post
Now now MR! He never said that this should be important to you! He said it was to him and that if you support the idea to please take a stand. What he is doing is a great idea and apparantly a lot of other people think so. If you don't like don't do it but stop being a negative Sally will ya. Stay out of this thread if all you are going to do is be a sour grape! No hard feelings toward you but your actions are pretty disrespectful of another persons views. He never meant to offend anyone and he stated that if you think it's a good idea, please help. You don't think it is so try a diff. thread.
negative Sally?
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #36
JP171
Senior Member
 
JP171's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sand Land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,323

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636








it didn't pass comitee for several reasons last time, the least of wich being that Gov Perry went into the chamber and asked that it die in comitee and sited safety reasons and the fact that newer motorcycles didn't need constant air flow over then being as the "more modern" motorcycles are liquid cooled. there are alot of reasons that it didn't pass including another big one that the police chiefs association campaigned against it. me I wouldn't do it cause I don't trust the A$$holes driving the cages
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #37
gunshotwound
You have been warned!
 
gunshotwound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bullard, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,540

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6



Member Garage





Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
it didn't pass comitee for several reasons last time, the least of wich being that Gov Perry went into the chamber and asked that it die in comitee and sited safety reasons and the fact that newer motorcycles didn't need constant air flow over then being as the "more modern" motorcycles are liquid cooled. there are alot of reasons that it didn't pass including another big one that the police chiefs association campaigned against it. me I wouldn't do it cause I don't trust the A$$holes driving the cages
This is true. Can you say form letter response. Because that what you are getting. I do applaud your effort, but in the grand scheme of the bullshit congress and senate, your keystrokes are a total waste of your time.
__________________


CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #38
peruvian
Senior Member
 
peruvian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingwood, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 897


Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to peruvian
do u have 2 be over 18 to do this??
peruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #39
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











i honestly dont think this should be legalized. just my opinion.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #40
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






Quote:
Originally Posted by peruvian View Post
do u have 2 be over 18 to do this??
No! Contact your representative!

Azylum, thanks for sharing your opinion, but per top of post, this isn't to debate, this is just to share. Even if you DON'T want to lane split, you should support the right of bikers to be recognized as a legitmate form of transportation and the ability to filter through traffic legally should be allowed as it is in other countries.

No one likes to bake at 100 degrees on 610 because of an accident for 1 hour, when you could simply fold the mirrors in, and coast between traffic!
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy