MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM   #21
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
I wasn't intentionally rippin on him, just curious. I understand the nature of the riding posture, the setup of the bike, and ease of the power delivery from these types of bikes. I just see it better suited to smaller displacement and lighter chassis (how do you pluralize???). Gimme a CRF450 or SMX4.5 or the like, and I'd be super happy.
of course... me too. but not when ur runnin on big fast tracks like TWS (Texas World Speedway) & MSR CRESSON. that KTM will easily do 135mph on the front straights. it will out motor any 450 or 550 on the track. i know cause ive done it on that bike. ur comparing apples to oranges here. the smaller bikes like the 450 are much better on small tight tracks like GSS. trust me. i just had my 450 there 2 weeks ago and out rode every bike on the track. 600's,750 & 1000. didnt matter. mike and i ran circles around them all on motards
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Motard Tclyle Super Motards 29 06-27-2015 11:27 AM
Why a Motard? gots2no Super Motards 9 05-03-2012 07:44 AM
Who needs a motard? Jason_Canuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-27-2010 11:19 AM
Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 motard jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 15 05-09-2008 08:16 AM
new 125cc motard from APRILIA jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 3 04-07-2008 11:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Don't knock em till you tried em.
Is that an offer, big guy

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #23
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
of course... me too. but not when ur runnin on big fast tracks like TWS (Texas World Speedway) & MSR CRESSON. that KTM will easily do 135mph on the front straights. it will out motor any 450 or 550 on the track. i know cause ive done it on that bike. ur comparing apples to oranges here. the smaller bikes like the 450 are much better on small tight tracks like GSS. trust me. i just had my 450 there 2 weeks ago and out rode every bike on the track. 600's,750 & 1000. didnt matter. mike and i ran circles around them all on motards
Yeah but you're forgetting one thing: you're a BMF.

So, your opinion, what would you prefer @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) or Cresson or Arroyo or such? A 400lb 150+hp tard or a your RR? That's more along the point I'm getting at.

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 AM   #24
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Hey Jody I don't doubt anything you're saying here in fact these are the kinds of questions I need/want to hear.

So having said what you just said here would you say that the KTM as a big motard handles better or worse on MSR or TWS (Texas World Speedway) than your sport bike? Or does a smaller lighter motard handle better than the KTM? The KTM isn't all that much lighter than a 600cc sport bike and it won't have as much speed so which one would you say you could make a better lap time on. Also answer the same question comparing the KTM and a 550 motard.

Thanks,
XRCajun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #25
jodyhudson

Quote:
Yeah but you're forgetting one thing: you're a BMF.

So, your opinion, what would you prefer @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) or Cresson or Arroyo or such? A 400lb 150+hp tard or a your RR? That's more along the point I'm getting at.
u have me confused with steve a.k.a Macman... im a little 5'7" 175lb guy.

of course id want to ride my 1000RR @ TWS (Texas World Speedway). thats a no brainer ! but macman cant ride a sportbike. so thats why he rides the KTM. i was just explaining to you why he rides the big heavy tard. he bought it to run the big fast tracks like TWS (Texas World Speedway). we are fixin to start building him a 70hp. CRF 450X motard to ride at smaller tracks like GSS.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #26
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Hey Jody I don't doubt anything you're saying here in fact these are the kinds of questions I need/want to hear.

So having said what you just said here would you say that the KTM as a big motard handles better or worse on MSR or TWS (Texas World Speedway) than your sport bike? Or does a smaller lighter motard handle better than the KTM? The KTM isn't all that much lighter than a 600cc sport bike and it won't have as much speed so which one would you say you could make a better lap time on. Also answer the same question comparing the KTM and a 550 motard.

Thanks,
yes, the KTM has nowhere near the handling capabilities that my 1000RR has. the 1000RR wins that one hands down. yes, a smaller lighter motard is a better handling bike. what would u rather toss from side to side in the corners... 260lbs or 400lbs. it makes a huge difference. just ask macman. he is fixin to build a CRF 450x motard after riding ours. a 600 would turn a faster laptime with the proper rider. that day @ GSS there were no expert level riders out there to even give us a run.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #27
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
u have me confused with steve a.k.a Macman... im a little 5'7" 175lb guy.

of course id want to ride my 1000RR @ TWS (Texas World Speedway). thats a no brainer ! but macman cant ride a sportbike. so thats why he rides the KTM. i was just explaining to you why he rides the big heavy tard. he bought it to run the big fast tracks like TWS (Texas World Speedway). we are fixin to start building him a 70hp. CRF 450X motard to ride at smaller tracks like GSS.
I guess it takes all types. That's why there are all the different options.
I'll keep my RR, maybe get a CRF450 and be happy.

, I couldn't ride the motards on the street anyway. Probably wouldn't keep my license a week....

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #28
jodyhudson

Quote:
I guess it takes all types. That's why there are all the different options.
I'll keep my RR, maybe get a CRF450 and be happy.

, I couldn't ride the motards on the street anyway. Probably wouldn't keep my license a week....
different bikes for different tracks. thats why mike & i have a stable of bikes. here are the bikes i like to ride at the tracks listed below:

Texas World Speedway... 600-1000cc
MSR Cresson (1.7 mi)... 600-1000cc
MSR Cresson (1.3 mi)... motard or 2 stroke GP
Oak Hill Raceway (1.8 mi)... motard or 2 stroke GP
MSR Houston (2.4 Miles)... 600-1000cc
Hallet Motor Racing Circuit (1.8 mi)... 600-1000cc
Eagles Canyon Raceway (2.5 mi)... 600-1000cc

Advertisement