MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
JSki

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 SV650

One of those DOH! moments...

It's thursday, 6pm, my boss and I are leaving work. We get on 45N right after West Rd., my boss is leading, and all of a sudden my bike starts feeling really strange. It started wobbling like a SOB every time a car passed me or every time I got a little gust of wind. I thought there might be something wrong with the front end because I've been hearing some squeaking lately. So as I'm riding along, bike sporadically shaking, I keep leaning off the bike and angling my head so I can see the front tire and I don't see anything wrong . So as I keep riding and playing with this new found "wiggle", my boss changes lanes and I try to do the same, but my bike does not want to turn. I have never had to put any effort into changing lanes until now and at this point I was just desperately trying to get his attention so I wasn't pulling off alone on the side of 45. So I start waving at him and he doesn't see me. I honk, but he doesn't hear me. I turn on my flashers and flash my lights at him, but to no avail so I finally just started moving over to the shoulder. For some reason, he noticed me moving over to the left shoulder and I decided that it would be much safer to get off the freeway instead. So we cut across the freeway, me pushing the bars harder than normal just to change lanes, and we exit for 1960. He leads the way into the Goodson Honda parking lot and quickly jumps off his bike. I was trying to quickly get off of mine, but it felt like it was staying upright and not resting on the kickstand.

Now, I'm still in dumb mode, so I think that the ground is uneven or something and I cautiously get off the bike. I look at my boss and say "there's some thing really phucked up!" and he says, sarcastically, "Yeah, ya got a flat tire"... here's your sign.

So I pull up to the quick lane area of Goodson Honda, and ask them if they can air my rear tire up for me. They were quick to help. We found a gash about a quarter of an inch long in my tire. I guess the hole was much smaller because they were able to plug it. The service tech and a service advisor were awesome. The advisor says he had a Honda Shadow VTX 1300 and he's got it down at Lundsford's to put pipes on it. When they were done patching my tire I asked what I owe them and they replied nothing. So I slipped the tech a few bucks and my boss and I cautiously went on our way. The plug is holding, and hopefully it will do so until I can get some money for new tires. It sucks cuz I only put about 3,500 miles on my new pilot road 2 in the rear, so I'm kinda . All the irritation aside, I'm glad for the experience and maybe next time I won't ride from rankin to 1960 on 45 doing 70 with a flat

Anyway, big for Goodson Honda by 1960!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doh! RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 12-02-2011 12:25 PM
Doh! Healthcare RojerLockless The Circus 10 03-27-2010 06:57 PM
Doh, motomunky domain expired... Blue91 Taking it to the Track 4 08-17-2008 08:54 AM
DOH!!! 10/13 Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 21 09-14-2007 08:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
Learned You
Daniel

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki sv650s

Send a message via AIM to Learned You
Glad it worked out for you man. That does suck though.
Learned You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Thanks, I am too. I guess I should have taken the oppurtunity of the soft rear tire to practice being like Gixxerbill and pop it up on 1 wheel.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

If you think it handled bad with the rear flat, try turning with a flat front.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
If you think it handled bad with the rear flat, try turning with a flat front.
I think I'll pass on that one for as long as I can
Old 04-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSki View Post
I think I'll pass on that one for as long as I can
yup.. that's the slowest I've ever gone down Honea Egypt.. think I was actually at the recommended speed thru a couple corners...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Old 04-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #8
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

My GF had the SAME thing happen to her last Friday riding my F4i to work, she called me and said.. hey baby....

I got a flat on the freeway today..

and im like OH IS MY F4I OK?? lol i didnt even ask about her =)

same thing happend to her she almost didnt even notice that the bike had a flat it's nice to know at highway speeds most bikes will handle well enough with no air in the tires to get to where you need to go to fix it.

Sux because the metzler I put on it had still had the nubbies on it ;(!!!!

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650