MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

This is the War on Terror. Doubt if you must...

... but it is imho, whether you agree or not:

It's all well said, but pay particular attention from about 3:30 on.

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 04-04-2008 at 08:29 AM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If there's still any doubt out there... RoadracerNC The Circus 22 06-15-2010 10:35 PM
How would our Founding Fathers handle the "War on Terror" RoadracerNC The Circus 49 04-21-2010 06:59 PM
So I highly doubt anyone will be doing much riding this evening... Slowkat Off Topic 2 08-18-2007 12:44 PM
Don't Doubt the Hype! Gryphin Motorcycles Unlimited 10 08-01-2007 07:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

A war with out a viable target is hardly a war.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
A war with out a viable target is hardly a war.
Wow. I would've expected more of a response from this crowd (than a typical Moody reply)

The vid is pretty interesting to watch. He sides with neither the Right nor the Left, imo, and criticizes how it's been conducted so far, what he feels needs to be done, and what he feels we're up against. Some will get it, some (obviously) don't. I think Newt's got it dead on, but I guess no one here wants to take the time to actually watch it.

Oh well.

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 04-04-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Wow. I would've expected more of a response form this crowd (than a typical Moody reply)

The vid is pretty interesting to watch. He sides with neither the Right nor the Left, imo, and criticizes how it's been conducted so far, what he feels needs to be done, and what he feels we're up against. Some will get it, some (obviously) don't. I think Newt's got it dead on, but I guess no one here wants to take the time to actually watch it.

Oh well.
I love chiming in on the war on terror, but I can't view most videos at work. I will try and view it at home before I head out of town.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
I love chiming in on the war on terror, but I can't view most videos at work. I will try and view it at home before I head out of town.

He really does give a great answer to a simple, but challenging question.

I mean, this is a CNN excerpt!! It must be worth it if I took the time to watch and post a commie-CNN YouTube vid!!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #6
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:

I mean, this is a CNN excerpt!! It must be worth it if I took the time to watch and post a commie-CNN YouTube vid!!
haha, half way through your post I was already going WTF, you back CNN then I got to the end and realized you feel the same way I do
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
Thermalser

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
FZ1, GSXR 750

Quote:

I'm not really sure what the gist of his "solution" is to win the war on terror? Take out Iran?:/:

If the conflict of the United States with international terrorism amounts to a war, then this nation is permanently at war—a condition the Founding Fathers insisted was irreconcilable with freedom. War crowns the president with monumental powers and sweeping secrecy. The next president must recognize the fundamental dangers of a permanent state of war and the granting of infinite power as commander in chief.

Suggestions for the next President:

Withdraw all U.S. troops from foreign countries. The Declaration of Independence explains that the purpose of government is to secure unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The United States was not created to build an empire, or to purge the planet of nondemocratic regimes. Accordingly, the next president should announce that we are withdrawing all U.S. troops from foreign countries and that, hereinafter, all the nation's military resources will be devoted to building missile, electronic, and other defenses against potential foreign attacks. Further, the United States has no moral responsibility for the destiny of persons outside its jurisdiction who pay no taxes to support the government and pledge no allegiance to the republic.

Restore both oversight and transparency. No president is infallible. Executive-branch decisions or policies made without congressional vetting or oversight are prone to staggering mistakes—for example, the Bay of Pigs, the Vietnam War, or post-Saddam Iraq. And secrecy, moreover, breeds lawlessness, maladministration, and abuses. Sunshine is the best disinfectant. The next president must restore the tools of judicial and congressional oversight that have been eroded if not obliterated in the past eight years.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalser View Post
I'm not really sure what the gist of his "solution" is to win the war on terror? Take out Iran?:/:

If the conflict of the United States with international terrorism amounts to a war, then this nation is permanently at war—a condition the Founding Fathers insisted was irreconcilable with freedom. War crowns the president with monumental powers and sweeping secrecy. The next president must recognize the fundamental dangers of a permanent state of war and the granting of infinite power as commander in chief.

Suggestions for the next President:

Withdraw all U.S. troops from foreign countries. The Declaration of Independence explains that the purpose of government is to secure unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The United States was not created to build an empire, or to purge the planet of nondemocratic regimes. Accordingly, the next president should announce that we are withdrawing all U.S. troops from foreign countries and that, hereinafter, all the nation's military resources will be devoted to building missile, electronic, and other defenses against potential foreign attacks. Further, the United States has no moral responsibility for the destiny of persons outside its jurisdiction who pay no taxes to support the government and pledge no allegiance to the republic.

Restore both oversight and transparency. No president is infallible. Executive-branch decisions or policies made without congressional vetting or oversight are prone to staggering mistakes—for example, the Bay of Pigs, the Vietnam War, or post-Saddam Iraq. And secrecy, moreover, breeds lawlessness, maladministration, and abuses. Sunshine is the best disinfectant. The next president must restore the tools of judicial and congressional oversight that have been eroded if not obliterated in the past eight years.
War with Iraq will most likely not happen for a while if it does. Operations are going to start shifting to Afghanistan before too long. I just got back on a trip from Basra and things are fugged up there. I hate the terrorist more then ever now. There was many rocket and mortor attacks along with more direct fire then i would like. I am in the AF and did not expect to have to fire my gun while here but I did. No matter what people think this is not going to end as quick as people like.

I also attached an image of a stretcher that we had to clean off yesterday. There was another suiscide attack close by and we had over 20 paitents come into the hospital and most were in bad shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STH70579.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	10880  
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
You can't win a war against terror.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
War with Iraq will most likely not happen for a while if it does. Operations are going to start shifting to Afghanistan before too long. I just got back on a trip from Basra and things are fugged up there. I hate the terrorist more then ever now. There was many rocket and mortor attacks along with more direct fire then i would like. I am in the AF and did not expect to have to fire my gun while here but I did.
I have a question for you, since you are there. Are we fighting the Iraqis themselves, or moreso, terrorists infiltrating that Country with their ridiculous belief in Jihad against America? I'll bet once the major operations shift to Afghanistan, the terrorists will follow. Almadouchebag is a problem, and it'll be nice to have Allies on his left and right flanks.

Quote:
No matter what people think this is not going to end as quick as people like.
And that is exactly what Newt is saying at 4:23 into the vid.

Quote:
I also attached an image of a stretcher that we had to clean off yesterday. There was another suiscide attack close by and we had over 20 paitents come into the hospital and most were in bad shape.
I can only say Thank you for doing what you guys do. Hopefully, one day that region will be stabilized enough to better control or limit the Jihadists attempts at killing Americans, our Allies, and innocent people alike. Furthermore, that our goals to do so will be achieved to one extent or another.

In that regard, there's a reason why I joined the Patriot Guard Riders... It's my way of saying Thank you for your sacrifice, and volunteering my time to honor the ultimate sacrifice our soldiers have made is the least we can do.

(What I find hard to understand is why so many here won't. But that's another issue altogether. I'll just do what I do.)
Old 04-06-2008, 02:00 AM   #11
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

I think Newt is right, it won't be until one of our cities or an allies cities is taken out before this thing is taken seriously.

Americans have a very short memory and too many don't understand that you can't sit down at a table with these people to come to peace terms. These radicals have been after us for as long as I can remember (early 70s).

Acts of war. 93 bombing, US Embassy bombing, attack on US Cole, WTC attack in 2001. Yet, we do nothing. We don't fight back anymore. We let our politicians dictate how a war is fought.

I fear we will have to let Iran get it's nuclear weapons. Let them make a major nuclear strike. Then and ONLY then will a CLEAR MAJORITY in this country wake up and demand that something is done about it.

Until then, with the short term memory of Americans, we settle back into our daily lives and don't think about tomorrow. We live in a NOW society. Americans are impatient. Take a look at ANY industry and you'll see this. Go to a fast food restaurant....let them take 90 seconds to get out that food instead of 60 and watch someone start complaining. Wait more than two minutes in any check out line, let the begin. Let a vehicle break down and watch how bent out of shape someone gets when they are told it can't be ready in one hour. Americans take this same mentality and apply it to war. Americans got very spoiled with the 100 hour gulf war and expected something similar the second time around.

WAKE UP AMERICA
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:49 AM   #12
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku View Post
No, you cannot. It's a tactic to motivate rightful Americans to defend their country. Believe it or not, we're being invaded slowly but surely. Patriotism was falling before Sept. 11 and is again. Who's to say a certain population couldn't rise up and take control through our own democratic means. Extremist groups in middle east asia pose a far greater threat than Jose from Honduras or Aziz from India. They are here to invest themselves in the American dream and so long as they believe in this country and take that oath of naturalization to heart, they too are Americans.

Point is, the true Americans are the ones who have built up this country and continue to be proud and patriotic. Are you an American, or just someone taking advantage of what this country does for you. Stop whining and people and start stepping up to the plate. No matter what race, religion, or gender you are, you're either helping this country or you're hurting it.

Go ahead and let the bought off media tell you that Iraq was a mistake and Afghanistan is no threat. Have you been there? Do you know how much of an impact a cut oil line would have on this country? The media doesn't tell you about the big picture because they're just about RATINGS... they don't care about you, they don't care about this country... all they want is your money.

If you want to continue living the life you live now, try remembering the pledge of allegiance and take it to heart. If you want this country to turn into the shithole it's becoming, continue doing what you're doing. Continue to naysay and watch gas prices go up. Continue to consume consume consume only to retire to a broken down worthless economy. Then we'll be seeing who's mowing whose grass. Then we will see who goes BEGGING the government to get them out of a hole once again. Until we can stand up, take some responsibility, develop some patriotism, and be proud to be an American... you really won't ever be free.

That is all.
(That was not aimed at you, btw... just inspiration for a rant )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
I think Newt is right, it won't be until one of our cities or an allies cities is taken out before this thing is taken seriously.

Americans have a very short memory and too many don't understand that you can't sit down at a table with these people to come to peace terms. These radicals have been after us for as long as I can remember (early 70s).

Acts of war. 93 bombing, US Embassy bombing, attack on US Cole, WTC attack in 2001. Yet, we do nothing. We don't fight back anymore. We let our politicians dictate how a war is fought.

I fear we will have to let Iran get it's nuclear weapons. Let them make a major nuclear strike. Then and ONLY then will a CLEAR MAJORITY in this country wake up and demand that something is done about it.

Until then, with the short term memory of Americans, we settle back into our daily lives and don't think about tomorrow. We live in a NOW society. Americans are impatient. Take a look at ANY industry and you'll see this. Go to a fast food restaurant....let them take 90 seconds to get out that food instead of 60 and watch someone start complaining. Wait more than two minutes in any check out line, let the begin. Let a vehicle break down and watch how bent out of shape someone gets when they are told it can't be ready in one hour. Americans take this same mentality and apply it to war. Americans got very spoiled with the 100 hour gulf war and expected something similar the second time around.

WAKE UP AMERICA
This is so true. Instant coffee, instant tea, instant breakfast, ATMs, u-scan, pda phones, fast food, on demand tv, get rich quick, lose weight quick... we've lost the idea that you have to work toward something to reap its rewards. We expect the world to drop its pants and bend over for us.

The average American is getting dumber by the day and I can't say that I see any end to this in sight. We are turning into a babysitter nation. This is why we see an increasing need for Law Enforcement. We also see the need for excessive regulations and government spending. Even the republicans are becoming liberal because it's the only way to win votes anymore. People cannot take care of themselves and expect the government to do it for them. "The government this... the government that" Who the is the government? We talk about it like it's an entity, but really it's just US. Until we can realize that we are not slaves or zombies to the state and accept responsibility for ourselves, we will not progress as nation. The world will keep going, but the United States will crash, burn and fail miserably.

Indeed, WAKE UP PEOPLE. Do something for your country. Do something for your damned self.

whew....

Last edited by ninjathatcould; 04-06-2008 at 02:51 AM.
ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #13
mattj1094

+1
mattj1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:09 AM   #14
1FastMF

Member Garage

I think it's all....
Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #15
Htownz

Member Garage

In order for these sh1theads to get paid, and I mean paid, they have to keep pumping fear out there, despite all the devastation this "war on terror" is brewing.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #16
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
For example look at all the weapons caches we have found here in Iraq, that is just a few less weapons that are in the hands of the ****s over here. I think that most military members have a completely different out look on things rather then everyone else who just lives for drama along with the media.

I really hate the media with a passion evan more since ive come here. For instance there was a bombing at a Iraqi policemans funeral and when that story come out on the news it was completely blown out of proportion and facts were completely twisted from what the truth was. Sure the bombing happened, but get the facts straight and dont lie to everyone and brain wash everyone into thinking we are doing nothing over here.

Also stated from my post earlier about Afghanistan it was announced yesterday that we will be sending another 10000 troops there in 2009 no matter what the situation is here in Iraq. Who saw that one coming? I know i will be planning my trip over there for summer of 09 right when i get back? Some people need to quit basing thier opinion from only what the media says. Come over here then form your own opinion of this war and how much we are doing here.
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #17
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownz View Post
In order for these sh1theads to get paid, and I mean paid, they have to keep pumping fear out there, despite all the devastation this "war on terror" is brewing.
Yup.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #18
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku View Post
... almost impossible to accurately define it. :/:
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #19
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

I thought we already went to war with Iraq or is it still not a war?

Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #20
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
For example look at all the weapons caches we have found here in Iraq, that is just a few less weapons that are in the hands of the ****s over here. I think that most military members have a completely different out look on things rather then everyone else who just lives for drama along with the media.

I really hate the media with a passion evan more since ive come here. For instance there was a bombing at a Iraqi policemans funeral and when that story come out on the news it was completely blown out of proportion and facts were completely twisted from what the truth was. Sure the bombing happened, but get the facts straight and dont lie to everyone and brain wash everyone into thinking we are doing nothing over here.

Also stated from my post earlier about Afghanistan it was announced yesterday that we will be sending another 10000 troops there in 2009 no matter what the situation is here in Iraq. Who saw that one coming? I know i will be planning my trip over there for summer of 09 right when i get back? Some people need to quit basing thier opinion from only what the media says. Come over here then form your own opinion of this war and how much we are doing here.

For the small price of 12 billion a month.

Advertisement