MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #41
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Not sure about this one Moe. Us "non-public" guys started with a fair rain policy and it would seem the other "publics" have followed suit. Pre '08 riders were SOL on rain days and as you can see by the feed back here not many folks would rather go back to the old ways. I would also think that as a Ride Smart instructor you'd be happy to see it as Ride Smart seems to take the most for putting folks on the track in very adverse conditions.
99.8% ride trackdays for fun. The added risk in wet conditions is substantial and the learning curve much sharper. If you are not racing, there is little point to riding in the wet. Next trackday look at the racer to regular Joe ratio and then pull you head out. So who's really whining here, and why? You'll always have Oakhill.......enjoy it.

And for cutting your own rains from slicks.........no you can't do it in SStock as you are to be on DOT's, rain, or intermediates depending on race directions call for a wet race. In Superbike, abso-freakin-lutely you can run cut slicks, tricky to keep the tire balanced though.
NICELY SAID BUCK Black Widow needs to learn to go faster in the dry before he starts gettin all shook up over rain riding
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK YOU FUGGERS, WHOO DID IT???? HoustonGixxer Forum Updates & Feedback 43 10-08-2008 08:38 PM
so....insurance....how much do you fuggers pay? flip326 General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-20-2007 08:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #42
Ridesmart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

I really do not think it was any one organization that 'did' it and the rest followed suite. I also do not think the organizations 'finally got it' and changed their policies for rain, to guarantee refunds/credit on a rainy day.

Remember, rain policy is often dictated by the track owners, and not the track organization. If the owners say we won't give your money back even if it rains, then there is nothing the track organization can do.

Those organizations that have the tie ins with track management, where they can pretty much cancel any time without penalties, are few and far in between. There, the extenuating circumstances work in their favor during a rainy track day. They are an exception to the norm.

Last year, there were some instances, where track owner policy pretty much dictated what will happen. Track days on weekend, in the cold/rain, money gets forfeited anyways. There was nothing any track organization could do to stop that.

This year, due to track management changes, different tracks (where cancellations took place), etc, we were all fortunate to be able to see various track orgs have the opportunity and good fortune to cancel without penalties. Had the circumstances been same as last year, I am sure we would have seen dozens of threads on this forum with people screaming murder about cancellations.

So as this season goes on, let us all not forget, weather is a part of this sport. Sometimes we will come out on top and sometimes not. If it rains during your track day, and the org does not immediately cancel, please do not assume it is their decision to run this. Trust me, these guys are not getting rich off it (last time I saw, I did not see any Maserati cars in the parking lots during any track day).

I hope every one of you enjoys this season, regardless of which track organization you frequent. No matter what the weather, track or org, if you respect the riders you are on the track with, you are guaranteed to have fun, including all around you.

Take care, ride safe - RideSmart.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #43
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Moe - I believe your comment was directed in the wrong way, and maybe a mod should delete your last post in this thread. gotta remember, you are representing a part of Ride Smart.

Ciaka - you clarified what Moe said, but in more of a "general" and courteous manner.

i think this thread should be locked and deleted....it was asking for drama before the first reply was even added.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
Old 04-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #44
jodyhudson

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
Moe - I believe your comment was directed in the wrong way, and maybe a mod should delete your last post in this thread. gotta remember, you are representing a part of Ride Smart.

Ciaka - you clarified what Moe said, but in more of a "general" and courteous manner.

i think this thread should be locked and deleted....it was asking for drama before the first reply was even added.
C'mon Tony... whats wrong with a little drama every now and then ? Clayton hasnt been around lately, so we need someone to with
Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #45
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
C'mon Tony... whats wrong with a little drama every now and then ? Clayton hasnt been around lately, so we need someone to with

you got a point there jody

Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #46
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post

+1

Moe went about this very undiplomatically, and doesn't speak for all organizations. Calling customers fuggers and whiners is not the best way to sell a service, or thank customers. :/:
Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #47
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by J lo View Post
Rain sucks for TRACKDAYS, although fun, I would prefer a dry track. By the way, the pitiful separation of “you’re on a mini” is sad. Yes, your 750 or 1000cc superbike is fast. Problem is most people here couldn’t hang with a 125 on any track but TWS (Texas World Speedway).
I think you misunderstood me.....

I wasn't "down playing" the fact that you were riding mini's vs. big bikes. I'm just saying, it's a lot easier to (and less expensive) to crash a mini vs. a big bike....and you're right...in the rain people are more cautious, but honestly I don't have any fun in the rain.

AND FWIW, I don't think trackdays should be cancelled when the weather report says 30 or 40% chance of rain, I never said that. , two weeks ago I signed up for GSS with TTD knowing well there was a 40% chance of rain I'm just saying that 70% chance of rain or better with combined temps in the 30's and 40's should raise some flags
Old 04-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #48
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

screw all this rain .....let's cancel EVERY trackday and all get memberships to the tracks

Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #49
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Oh well - I guess somethings just won't change...

Thread Lock !

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #50
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

womp womp...

Advertisement