MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #61
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Please dont hate on the kid at least he was off the streets...... I left before this happend and I went down last night myself im pretty bad off I think the Arai helmet saved me. Thanks for everyone that helped me last night.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who was it? who crashed at ASI? (looks like ASI) NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 01-08-2015 10:36 AM
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider down last night at ASI update? humbleassassin General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 09-17-2009 11:06 PM
Rider Down-ASI Bug-Slapper General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 12-14-2006 05:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #62
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Please dont hate on the kid at least he was off the streets...... I left before this happend and I went down last night myself im pretty bad off I think the Arai helmet saved me. Thanks for everyone that helped me last night.
Glad to hear that your ok bro!

Is the bike alright?
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #63
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

I guess so I havent looked at it yet.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #64
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

ASI on a Wednesday night is not the place to 'learn' how to stunt.

I haven't been out there in a LONG time, but I remember it was the squids and their friends who fukt that place up for everybody else.

When people talk about taking it to the lots to LEARN to stunt, they aren't talking about that lot on that night - all you'll do is get in the way of people who know what they're doing, wreck your bike, get the cops and EMTs called and end up blowing the spot up.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:06 AM   #65
R6Nick
Ultimate Traffic Stopper

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
03 Yamaha R6
08 CRF Fiddy

Look guys---the other night I got on Mala's phiddy---first time in a loooong time---didnt know her bike and the throttle response and pulled a 12 shifting to 2nd gear---next thing i knew---i was chasing the thing cause she has rollers on her 12 bar---i ended up somehow breaking my big toe doing this---but i got back up on it and tried again---i then went the other day last week and bought me my phiddy---i have learned my throttle response and my braking capabilities and can bust out some long wheelies and some bad azz endos---you fall and you get the fck back up and try again---thats the only way you learn---you can't be scared cause a fall---

so thank you Mala for inspiring me to stunt on phiddys---they are alot of fun and i have no regrets on buying mine

also---i was playing around on my R6 ever since i got it---just luckily never have taken a fall yet on it!!! it doesn't matter how you learn or on what you learn on---just that you learn if you want to!!!

signaturecoachdavecopy
R6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #66
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

alright, maybe i was a little too harsh with my initial comment, and good on the kid for wearing gear, but people that are getting into this sport need to take it slow and realize that this can definetely fck you up if your not careful. i wish i could say "yeah, that kids got guts for trying stoppies", but i would be lying. most or all the seasoned pros have told me that stoppies are definetely not the trick to be trying if your starting out......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #67
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50
03' GSXR 750 - True Method

Send a message via Yahoo to UNKNOWN_DJ
So Del how mainy bikes did it take to figure that one out...lol j/k!!! I don't even like to attempt stoppies on the phifty to much since I have gone over the front several times. I didn't think people still went out there on weds nights.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #68
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
Dont do a 50 mph wheelie at the end of a parking lot!

I missed this post, at least he was off the streets imagine what could have happend then......
Old 04-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #69
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post

I haven't been out there in a LONG time, but I remember it was the squids and their friends who fukt that place up for everybody else.

When people talk about taking it to the lots to LEARN to stunt, they aren't talking about that lot on that night - all you'll do is get in the way of people who know what they're doing, wreck your bike, get the cops and EMTs called and end up blowing the spot up.
thank you......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #70
abelrob

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa

Quote:

By the sounds of everyones comments, there is a new secret place, therefore, he would not be in the way of these so called "best of the best, that never fall #1 stunters". If everyone else left then why not learn there?
abelrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #71
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
By the sounds of everyones comments, there is a new secret place, therefore, he would not be in the way of these so called "best of the best, that never fall #1 stunters". If everyone else left then why not learn there?
oh, i'm sorry that i'm trying to look out for the interests of rookies wanting to get into this sport......shame on me....

Old 04-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #72
soap4life
Reverend

Bike(s):
z1000

Send a message via AIM to soap4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
oh, i'm sorry that i'm trying to look out for the interests of rookies wanting to get into this sport......shame on me....

o.o
soap4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #73
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Like I said, I haven't been in awhile, but ASI on a Wed. night, when I used to go, was a parking lot FULL of cars, with a hundred or more people milling around, with LOTS of bikes pulling WAY TOO FAST wheelies, stoppies 'n burnouts.

This is a place where someone trying to "learn" could very easily toss their bike into a car or a CROWD of people - or an oncoming bike.

It's a TERRIBLE place to "learn" to stunt ride.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #74
abelrob

Bike(s):

Quote:
Now you're looking out for people? Earlier you were saying you were glad that this guy got a broken arm. right back at ya.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #75
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Now you're looking out for people? Earlier you were saying you were glad that this guy got a broken arm. right back at ya.
I'm looking out for rookies who want to learn properly, not trying to "flatter" me with there skil, as u so eloquently put it......

Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #76
abelrob

Bike(s):

Quote:
Like I said, I haven't been in awhile, but ASI on a Wed. night, when I used to go, was a parking lot FULL of cars, with a hundred or more people milling around, with LOTS of bikes pulling WAY TOO FAST wheelies, stoppies 'n burnouts.

This is a place where someone trying to "learn" could very easily toss their bike into a car or a CROWD of people - or an oncoming bike.

It's a TERRIBLE place to "learn" to stunt ride.
I wasnt knocken what you said. I was just saying it sounds like a lot of people went elsewhere. If that place is really that packed, I would never try anything there as a noob. I would be worried about fckn up someone elses sht.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #77
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
I wasnt knocken what you said. I was just saying it sounds like a lot of people went elsewhere. If that place is really that packed, I would never try anything there as a noob. I would be worried about fckn up someone elses sht.
yeah and if your doing fast wheelies sometimes people dont look before they ride out into the middle not really the safest place to be
Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #78
soap4life
Reverend

Bike(s):
z1000

Send a message via AIM to soap4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
lmao ****ing owned
soap4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #79
abelrob

Bike(s):

Quote:
I'm looking out for rookies who want to learn properly, not trying to "flatter" me with there skil, as u so eloquently put it......

New name?:

Coachdel240z
Trainerdel240z
protrainerdel240z

whats your 10(?) step program? Guaranteed to (learn) you properly.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #80
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
bottom line ASI isnt the place to "learn" to stunt ....

there are too many people out there and 1/2 the people who are trying to "learn" are endangering others with their inexperience.

yes it sucks he went down , but what would you be saying if he was wearing gear, in a parking lot trying to learn and his bike some how hurt or killed someone ? would it then be that other persons fault for being there when he was practicing in a "safe" parking lot ?

like cashtown said thats not the best place to learn. there is a time and a place for people to try and learn and ASI wed is not one of them. i dont know how many times ive seen joe almost get ****ed by some noob in that lot, BUT WAIT hes wearing gear in a parking lot so its ok right if he hits joe?
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement