MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Who uses PublicData

Have you done a search recently? There is some new agreement that you have to check off saying why you are looking up the information. What's the deal with this and what do you check if you are just running a simple check before you, or a friend, purchases a vehicle, etc?

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

what other kind of info does this site give you? how much does it cost?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
what other kind of info does this site give you? how much does it cost?
It's not good for a whole lot other than looking up who's who by their LP's etc. offender search you can do w/o being a member. You can pull up Civil Court stuff, see who holds an FFL, etc. Little stuff. Go to their site for costs.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

i use it mostly to run vin # and plate #s
some ahole cuts u off on purpose u can run the plate and get their address.
send them a nice thanks you gram in the mail
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

I have ran quite a few searches through them and they just added this new confirmation a couple days ago. I didn't know what it did the last time I ran a search but it told me I had to select one. So I picked the option that sounded the best, did this twice. Then just now I actually took the time to read it and it says:

"I certify, and affirm, under penalty of perjury that the below identified DPPA
exemption applies to this search and its follow-on displays. Further unauthorized
disclosure of this information may result in penalties imposed under
Title 18 U.S.C. Section 2721 et. seq., and applicable federal and state law."

I want to know what the deal is with this and considering none of the options truely fit the bill for me should I be scared to run searches? Maybe I just can't run them for other people? I know I'm not the only person who has ran a plate for someone and posted it to the public, which I then realized it would probably be best to keep to PM's. Lord knows I don't need any more legal problems
Old 04-02-2008, 06:47 AM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

I use it but havent in a week or so

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement