MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
iRIDEsolo
fast life

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Hayabusa

Send a message via AIM to iRIDEsolo
just picked me up a toy.. questions!

Just picked me up a XR50R...

Prob is.. I see on the head it says 108cc. So I'm guessing someone did a motor swap? I'm unknown on the year, but looks pretty new. Has VIN and Honda badge on the tripple tree, so I'm positive its a honda, not a knockoff. But motor I don't what brand it is. Runs really strong, and it very torquey. Not sure if the xr50's have a clutch lever or not, but mine does.

Needs street tires for sure, knobbies suck!

I tried hitin mekrew up on aim, but he's always away. Has aftermarket filter and such. Cranks 1st time ever kick..

How can I tell what year it might be?
iRIDEsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
picked up a summer toy. albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-18-2015 02:37 PM
picked up a summer toy. albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 05-18-2015 07:40 AM
N00b questions: What front forks do I have and TMGP tire questions E-Train Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 10-24-2013 08:04 AM
Picked up a new toy brandontx Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 16 02-03-2012 05:38 PM
Just picked up my new toy nactx86 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 08-29-2009 08:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

that'd be a 108 kit on it. fairly common. makes it ALOT more torquE than a normal xr50.

i got some street tires for it.

the motor should say honda on teh left side motor cover (stator cover) if not it may be a lifan or one of the 14million other knock off motors

year is on the neck on a badge, if not the its a 01-03 because its an XR 04 and up are crfs
Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
iRIDEsolo
fast life

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Hayabusa

Send a message via AIM to iRIDEsolo
Its most likely a knocoff motor. I did a lil lookin into diff motors, and it looks like its a lifan. Its got a lot torque.. lol.

How much do u want for those street tires? The neck doesn't say anything but the VIN. But the frame has been painted before, so it might of been taken off..

I need new tires asap actually. Rear tire is flat! Ruined my night

TXT me on those tires Clayton
iRIDEsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:02 AM   #4
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

post pics and somebody will know something about it

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #5
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

10th number on the vin indicates year. ex: y=2000 1=2001 2=2002 3=2003 and so on. make sure you get a bill of sale with copy of dl, call dps to make sure its not stolen, before you put any money into it.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
post pics ...

ya im never on aim
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRIDEsolo View Post
Its most likely a knocoff motor. I did a lil lookin into diff motors, and it looks like its a lifan. Its got a lot torque.. lol.

How much do u want for those street tires? The neck doesn't say anything but the VIN. But the frame has been painted before, so it might of been taken off..

I need new tires asap actually. Rear tire is flat! Ruined my night

TXT me on those tires Clayton
I'm not sure how dirt bikes work but I can run MC VINS, I could put it in and see what comes back? Just PM me..
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement