MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

MY review on Texas Track days

For a team that is just starting out, these guys really do put on a great track day. Lots of instructors, TONS OF TRACK TIME (I think I saw a few peeps leaving early, because they just couldn't take it any longer lol) As with any start up, there are a few bugs that need to be and are being worked out. I like the new ideas these guys bring to the table and they are extremely friendly. All of the instructors as with most orgs are very down to earth and willing to help new riders. Definitely check these guys out if you can!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
TEXAS TRACK DAYS-TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY, JULY 19th & 20th DISCOUNT FastLine Taking it to the Track 18 07-11-2008 02:14 PM
A quick review of Elite Track Days BigComfy Taking it to the Track 37 08-16-2007 06:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
^^^^

What he said....get in now before they start selling out dates....I think there were at most 15 bikes on the track early on in the day....even fewer as the day progressed...
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

I can agree a few bugs to be worked out but hey the one big thing i have to say is every other TD org i have seen has someon there usually to set up your suspension for 20-25 dollars there at the track and that is cool well at GSS with Texas Track Days it was FREE!!! and that right there was awesome as well as free snacks for breakfast and free lunch (that may not be a good idea lol I at way to much and got tired lol) and i grouped up with Candie as my instructor and it was amazing she ws the greatest help all the way around she didnt try to be my mom by telling me what to do she told my what would make me better and what i should Try to do and i loved it but not just that is shyt at times i had 2-3 instructors around me and that was nice with 2 people behind me to watch they could see me from 2 angles to see what i was doing right and wrong all in all TTD FTW!!!!! thank you so much Candie and Tim and the instructor with the Blue and White gixxer i forgot your name I am sorry yall were all great

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
DustinJ

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Send a message via MSN to DustinJ
Not a problem at all man, by the end of the day you were flying! Looked awesome out there. Next TTD event you come to make sure you find me if I don't see you first and we'll go run some more laps and see what else we can work on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
I can agree a few bugs to be worked out but hey the one big thing i have to say is every other TD org i have seen has someon there usually to set up your suspension for 20-25 dollars there at the track and that is cool well at GSS with Texas Track Days it was FREE!!! and that right there was awesome as well as free snacks for breakfast and free lunch (that may not be a good idea lol I at way to much and got tired lol) and i grouped up with Candie as my instructor and it was amazing she ws the greatest help all the way around she didnt try to be my mom by telling me what to do she told my what would make me better and what i should Try to do and i loved it but not just that is shyt at times i had 2-3 instructors around me and that was nice with 2 people behind me to watch they could see me from 2 angles to see what i was doing right and wrong all in all TTD FTW!!!!! thank you so much Candie and Tim and the instructor with the Blue and White gixxer i forgot your name I am sorry yall were all great
CMRA Expert #979
Sponsored by: AAA Lift Trucks Racing, Sunny Motorsports, RaceWorx / Jim Cambora
DustinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

I will be there on Friday at TWS (Texas World Speedway) will you be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
ROADandTRACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Too many to list

The grass is always greener for you guys?

I'm not bashing TTD, but what is wrong w/ the others?

Kinda seems like the CCS thing and CMRA. What's the point? Some people just want to move up a notch in the motorcycle circle? Or what?

I'm willing to bet that most of the TTD guys are racing CCS too. Conspiracy? lol
Nothing is wrong w/ what is here already, so why do alot of folks abandon ship to the one that looks greener? ...more green. :-)

Its a friggin TRACKDAY!!!! It is either good or BAD!!! Can we preface this mess w/ "<advertisement>"

<flamesuit<on>>
Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post

Kinda seems like the CCS thing and CMRA. What's the point? Some people just want to move up a notch in the motorcycle circle? Or what?

I'm willing to bet that most of the TTD guys are racing CCS too. Conspiracy? lol
Nothing is wrong w/ what is here already, so why do alot of folks abandon ship to the one that looks greener? ...more green. :-)

Its a friggin TRACKDAY!!!! It is either good or BAD!!! Can we preface this mess w/ "<advertisement>"

<flamesuit<on>>

No one is saying the grass is greener anywhere else! , I've done a LMS day already this season, plan on riding with LSTD and will continue to do so with both. I'm just saying that TTD put on a great event with no hiccups. Isn't it nice having so many available dates? No one is knocking any other org....you're reading too deep bud
Old 03-31-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Just seemed like an ad and I've witnessed the abandon ship thing before. hehehe
Old 03-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

This isn't the first thread giving props to track orgs for doing a great job....

it's feedback, not advertisement

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...highlight=LSTD

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...highlight=buck

Old 03-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Just seemed like an ad and I've witnessed the abandon ship thing before. hehehe
I don't think it was much an ad. People just putting the word out on a new organization. I like dbuck use the other TD organizations when they fit with my schedule. Besides it was cris that started it and he is like the BIG CHEESE around here and can say what he wants without getting locked or banned. Lucky sucker.

Everybody has a favorite org for one reason or another. But that doesn't mean you can't try a different one if it fits your schedule.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
DustinJ

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Send a message via MSN to DustinJ
Yes sir, I'll be out there on Friday for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
CMRA Expert #979
Sponsored by: AAA Lift Trucks Racing, Sunny Motorsports, RaceWorx / Jim Cambora
DustinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

As a rider I'm happy to see more trackday orgs coming up. When I first started riding track there were only two. I went to one trackday where there were 40 bikes on the track at once! Talk about cramped! Now there are at least four orgs to choose from. That equals more trackdays available to me and more laps.

We riders tend to be 'brand' loyal but I don't see a problem with trying out different trackday orgs. IMO Giving props for a job well-done to the newcomer on the scene is good for everyone. I'm sure if it sucked then you wouldn't hear anything about them or might even hear some complaints.

Not to mention availablity. For example, GrandSportSpeedway. TTD is the only org to have 4 or 5 weekends booked there this year.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #13
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

[QUOTE=MadseasoN;1111487]
We riders tend to be 'brand' loyal .

That is funny right there!!!^^^^^
Old 03-31-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:

<flamesuit<on>>
I'll be the first to say THat I love LMS!!!! Buck is an incredible guy, and puts on a great show! I'll ride with him again and again!

LSTD is a great organization as well. I know most of their staff personally, and would easily spend my money with them.

But of the racers we have, most do CMRA.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #15
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

[QUOTE=ROADandTRACK;1111501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
We riders tend to be 'brand' loyal .

That is funny right there!!!^^^^^
I think he is right on the money. I think everybody has got a favorite trackday org and a 2nd, a 3rd and a fourth and so on. Like me, I have had really good luck with buck so I ride with LMS alot. I like the other trackday orgs and have used them many times. Heck, I learned with lonestar and Allen Tan was my instuctor. He was awesome taught me a ton and would leave me alone until he thought I was ready. I could tell he really cared.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #16
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Keith can speak for himself, but I think he's referring to people flip-flopping and the way certain orgs have come about lately. Most riders are not "brand loyal" at all. Most have a preference, but "most" of the folks are going to sign up for track days based on when they're available.

Each org has a certain amount of folks that tend to go to the track day because they like or dislike an org for one reason or another, but they are not the majority.

I think people have many misconceptions about track days and what it takes to run one well. This is evidenced by the "problems" people have at these events. If this was not true, why else would a out of State organization come in to an already saturated market?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #17
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

I haven't ridden with TTD yet due to injuries. I will say that I was so impressed with their customer service that I posted up a thread about it. On top of that, since then I have been to a couple of their events to say hello and the organizers seem very eager to please the customer.

I'm a huge fan of Buck's LMS too.

There is a track day organization I rode at once and didn't care for the experience but I prefer to just say the positive stuff.

Mike

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #18
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

I'm not brand loyal, I just go to the organizations that fit my work schedule, I work retail so whenever there is an event that I can make it to that's where i go to. My schedule sucks so I find the dates that work for me.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #19
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6 View Post
I'm not brand loyal, I just go to the organizations that fit my work schedule, I work retail so whenever there is an event that I can make it to that's where i go to. My schedule sucks so I find the dates that work for me.
+1 my schedule is tentative, so it changes randomly. i plan according to who's where
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
HighsideDave

Smile

Hi Guys

I just had a great time...it was my second day out with TTD
The day was well organized, everyone was very helpful and encouraging!
It was also great to see a few familiar faces out there.

I look forward to seeing you all at the next event!

HighsideDave is offline   Reply With Quote