MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 06:37 PM   #101
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
ninjas ranting kinda bothers me......
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgixer View Post
this is 4 psyco ninja ive been a dispatcher and id like to say the trucking industry as a whole is getting the shaft. u know as well as i do the loads aint paying i feel this is a start look at all the ch robinson loads taking food from ur family, u as a broker know they are the industry. u as well as i aint making the money we did 15 years ago. and as far as watermellon season u know that pays good.
you know whats goin to happen if this goes down nothing, the only people hoin to have people to drive is jb and schneider one because they always hire anyone, and two they dont give a about there drivers because they always have a bunch of noobs waiting at the door to get on,
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W NewRider's mid-week morning ride. WEDNESDAY 07/20/2011 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 34 07-20-2011 08:05 AM
Truckers POV Hotwheelscamaro Off Topic 31 09-09-2010 08:03 PM
JAN 13 Wednesday, OTR Cigar Night JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 14 01-14-2010 01:27 PM
Motorcycles Unlimited Thanksgiving Week WEDNESDAY SALE and Hours!! Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 0 11-25-2009 11:26 AM
WEDNESDAY NIGHT 6/3/09 OTR - Cigar Night JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 9 06-04-2009 11:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #102
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
you know whats goin to happen if this goes down nothing, the only people hoin to have people to drive is jb and schneider one because they always hire anyone, and two they dont give a about there drivers because they always have a bunch of noobs waiting at the door to get on,
don't forget about werner, us express, usa truck and covenant...
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #103
jgixer

Experience: 1-3 months

99 zx9

yall are totaly right, but if it raises an eyebrow we did something, instead of nothing. every industry in america is getting the shaft. just look in the mirror and ask urself if your getting the wage you deserve and for that matter need to support you family right?
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #104
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
don't forget about werner, us express, usa truck and covenant...
oh yeah i forgot about the rapists
Old 03-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #105
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
yall are totaly right, but if it raises an eyebrow we did something, instead of nothing. every industry in america is getting the shaft. just look in the mirror and ask urself if your getting the wage you deserve and for that matter need to support you family right?
no I am not..... that is why i QUIT the driving industry and am going to college. Make a true statement and do the same. Drivers will NEVER get the money that is deserved for doing the job as long as the U.S. imports foreign drivers and lets mexican drivers roam around freely.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:49 PM   #106
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
so you on strike too? man im local and i dont know about striking id be fired first then then they would ask questions later
Old 03-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #107
Liqued600RR

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Honda cbr 600 rr

Quote:
I must be in the right field industrial electrician my wages have tripled in the last 4 years as of today Due to raises and learning more and more as I go always room for advancement in my field.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #108
BrutusTx

Member Garage

It's been tried before.........but if it comes down to losing money or MAYBE getting a raise.......most people will keep right on working. How many friends and family do you know that are just squeaking by payday to payday?
Lose 10% of they're wages for the month do to strike/slow down and they are in trouble that they can't get out of. My .02
Not that they don't deserve a raise......but look how many people have lost jobs nationwide the last 6 months..........:/:
Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #109
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
looks like the mexican truck drivers are about to get more work!

yup but dont forget that many mexican trucks cant even pass inspections so it will be hard for them too

they could pull it out if they spend money on maintenance and if they get organized
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #110
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Driver wants more money, everybody elses wants more money, companies increase prices, and the cycle continues. By the year 2010, minimum wage is $10 and gas price is $7/gal, burgers is $10 and everything else will increase because EVERYONE WANTS MORE.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #111
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Driver wants more money, everybody elses wants more money, companies increase prices, and the cycle continues. By the year 2010, minimum wage is $10 and gas price is $7/gal, burgers is $10 and everything else will increase because EVERYONE WANTS MORE.
already like that in california...
Old 03-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #112
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
already like that in california...
Soon enough, coins will be obsolete.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #113
Street Ninja
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 PM   #114
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
this is 4 psyco ninja ive been a dispatcher and id like to say the trucking industry as a whole is getting the shaft. u know as well as i do the loads aint paying i feel this is a start look at all the ch robinson loads taking food from ur family, u as a broker know they are the industry. u as well as i aint making the money we did 15 years ago. and as far as watermellon season u know that pays good.
I know i said that earlier i make less and less each year half of what i made 3 years ago but i do whatever i can to make money you know I know yall are gettin ****ed i just still dont see how this is going to help i think it will hurt yall in the long run more than it will help yall especially if yall are going to block traffic and keep people from living ther lives that is just wrong the people tryin to get to work or tryin to get there kids to school did nothing to yall why take it out on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #115
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
It's been tried before.........but if it comes down to losing money or MAYBE getting a raise.......most people will keep right on working. How many friends and family do you know that are just squeaking by payday to payday?
Lose 10% of they're wages for the month do to strike/slow down and they are in trouble that they can't get out of. My .02
Not that they don't deserve a raise......but look how many people have lost jobs nationwide the last 6 months..........:/:

Houstonians seem to be under a veil of illusion about the state of this country at the moment.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #116
jgixer

Experience: 1-3 months

99 zx9

^^ only so many d.o.t. as far as a traffic jam u still got the left lane. its a statement. reallisticly how many will really do it. ill do it to support my fellow trucker just like i would, for a cause for a fellow motorcyclist.
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #117
BrutusTx

Member Garage

It's much like the "nobody buy gas on XX/XX/08 and make the oil co hurt"....so everyone fills up the day before or the day after.
Truck drivers might slow down tomorrow.......but they will be hauling *ss on Thursday to make up for it.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #118
KMFT
WHLS UP

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

Got to work just fine this mornin. lol
Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 AM   #119
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFT View Post
Got to work just fine this mornin. lol
+1 I drive 1 1/2 hours, more trucks on the road at 5 AM than regular cars. All were traveling 65+. :dontknow: Doesn't look very promising yet.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #120
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
+1 I drive 1 1/2 hours, more trucks on the road at 5 AM than regular cars. All were traveling 65+. :dontknow: Doesn't look very promising yet.
+1 drove to/from Pasadena yesterday from Temple and didn't notice anyone driving extremely slow :dontknow:

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement