MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #61
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
You dont know Me. DONT call me BUBBA if you dont truck or have ties in it, its non of your business.
what?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W NewRider's mid-week morning ride. WEDNESDAY 07/20/2011 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 34 07-20-2011 08:05 AM
Truckers POV Hotwheelscamaro Off Topic 31 09-09-2010 08:03 PM
JAN 13 Wednesday, OTR Cigar Night JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 14 01-14-2010 01:27 PM
Motorcycles Unlimited Thanksgiving Week WEDNESDAY SALE and Hours!! Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 0 11-25-2009 11:26 AM
WEDNESDAY NIGHT 6/3/09 OTR - Cigar Night JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 9 06-04-2009 11:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 02:29 PM   #62
Street Ninja
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #63
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
You dont know Me. DONT call me BUBBA if you dont truck or have ties in it, its non of your business.
Funnier thing, I think he is serious.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #64
navigator
Senior Citizen

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_red_rider View Post
I think there is no reason why they shouldnt get a raise...They run long hours, prices are up on everything, kids today are requiring more money to go to school and go on trips for school, They rarely see thier families trying to make a living.

I have several friends that work at US Foods, PFG, Budwiser and for MillerLite...Sometimes they do pull off the wall hours just to make it to places on time.
What makes you think they run long hours. Leagally they can't run more than 10 hrs per day or in excess of 500 miles per day. I know lots of people who work longer hours than that.

As far as being on the road for days at a time, no one makes them take that particular job. There are plenty of local delivery jobs and other work besides truck driving. If people aren't happy with what they do, they should do something else. Why do people just for the sake of ? If I hated my job I would find another and quit the one I didn't like.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #65
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #66
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #67
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
What makes you think they run long hours. Leagally they can't run more than 10 hrs per day or in excess of 500 miles per day. I know lots of people who work longer hours than that.

As far as being on the road for days at a time, no one makes them take that particular job. There are plenty of local delivery jobs and other work besides truck driving. If people aren't happy with what they do, they should do something else. Why do people just for the sake of ? If I hated my job I would find another and quit the one I didn't like.
its now 11 hours of drive, and npo more than total 14 hours total time for anything else ie loaing fueling trip inspection post trips whatever 14 max on duty 11 hour max drive time
Old 03-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #68
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
ninjas ranting kinda bothers me......
man dont let stereotype bother you mayn im west indian bro i dont fit the profile lol
Old 03-31-2008, 02:38 PM   #69
navigator
Senior Citizen

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
If you were good at something and a bunch of was going on you would roll over and find a new job? HAHAH learn to fight for what you want will ya..
Are you aiming that at me?

I don't roll over but I don't expect anything more than I deserve. I do a days work for a days pay and if I'm not satisfied with the work or the pay I will move on. As I said, there are other trucking companies and other jobs. If you don't like the one you have, exercise your options.

The owner of the trucking company doesn't have to meet yours or your fathers expectations. Ya'll don't have to hang around where ya ain't happy neither.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #70
Longnguyen

what the heezy?
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #71
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #72
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Are you aiming that at me?

I don't roll over but I don't expect anything more than I deserve. I do a days work for a days pay and if I'm not satisfied with the work or the pay I will move on. As I said, there are other trucking companies and other jobs. If you don't like the one you have, exercise your options.

The owner of the trucking company doesn't have to meet yours or your fathers expectations. Ya'll don't have to hang around where ya ain't happy neither.
LMAO, you think this is one company doing this? What if your entire industry, across the board was like this? You been doing it for 20 years, and this is all you know? You made good money at one time, have a standard of living, and then you can't make it because your pay has been slowly falling behind for 5-10 years now. Little different.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #73
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #74
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
LMAO wow you are RETARDED i didnt cal you bubba i was doing a reinactment of how the strike started cause that is about how it started 3 years ago I work for a logistics company i deal with more trucks in a day than you see in a week on the street if you could read than you would know that already

that is why i keep saying this is gonna hurt the truckers more than anyone else bro and if you dont know what a logistics company is than you dont know about truckin except what your "pappy" told you

but ill make it simple for you when a company needs somthing moves they use logistics we find the means to move it rather it is air, tracks, or roads I get the drivers to get the loads and i pay the drivers/company the money for the load so guess what come wed when i wake up in the mornig and start posting loads alot of people are gonna tell me we are on strike so guess what out of the 250 plus truckin company's across the U.S. that we use i will delete them from my adress book everyone that tells me they are on strike wil NEVER recieve another load from my company ever (and every logistics company i have talked to will do that same thing) but there will be plenty of other companies that will gladly come pick up my load and take it for me and they just earn that much more business from me and not only that but ill kick them a little extra on the load just to tell them thank you

but hey that is what i do in trucking what do you do? from what i see you do not work in the transportation bussiness just your pappy does and that is cool but dont tell me it is not any of my business when it is more my business than it is half the truckers out there

but hey you gave me a good laugh thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #75
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #76
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #77
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

man i thought you and physco were brothers , the ninjas have you
Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #78
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #79
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #80
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
LMAO, you think this is one company doing this? What if your entire industry, across the board was like this? You been doing it for 20 years, and this is all you know? You made good money at one time, have a standard of living, and then you can't make it because your pay has been slowly falling behind for 5-10 years now. Little different.

I said it once and i will say it again the only reason this really is not gonna change anything is there is no structure to it the only time a STRIKE works is when EVERYONE DOES IT that is why people join unions that have structure and communication I know what the numbers will look like wed
about half or a little mroe nono union will strike but everything will still get moved because the rest that dont strike will see all the loads and they will be able to hand pick and choose what load they want and it will be a win for them

i think the idea they have is good but at the same time they have other options and ways to go about it IE join a union all the union drivers i know and have talked to are pleased with it they dont complain NEAR as much as the the non union guys and not only that but they are about 200% more dependable to get the load theree when it needs to be there not 20 min late or 1 day late I respect anyman that will stand his ground and fight for what he believes in but there is a difference between having "" and not having any brains it takes to fight a fight that you can eventually when but it will be hard to win but it takes someone with no sense to fight a fight that they no they cant win at all

but who knows what will happen all i know is wed may hurt my pocket a little bit but hey it wont hurt my pocket near as much as it will the pockets of the trucks that arent driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement