MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Spoiler MotoGP

Wow, my Motomunkey picks sucked...

Attaboy to Peder-rosa for taking it flag to flag. Attaboys to Nicky and Vale too, those guys rode hard! Lorenzo just didn't have the mustard, and in the post race, he was blaming the tires a'la Biaggi!

King James was very aggressive today, no?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPOILER MotoGP Qatar SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 19 04-18-2010 06:43 AM
SPOILER MOTOGP: Qatar MotoGP test times - Monday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 46 03-05-2009 11:08 AM
SPOILER MOTOGP: Sepang MotoGP test times - Saturday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 33 02-10-2009 09:14 PM
SPOILER MOTOGP: Sepang MotoGP test times - Thursday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 22 02-06-2009 08:21 AM
****SPOILER**** MotoGP QP ****SPOILER**** bdubb Taking it to the Track 17 07-20-2008 06:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

The race was awesome!
I can't believe how Lorenzo and Nicky saved their bikes (so was Collin, but not for the second time ).
Capirossi was doing great on the Suzuki.
It's so funny he was doing better than Hopkins on Kawi.
It's gonna be a good year to watch.
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
yuh it was an ok race. i just dont like how in the premier class it gets so spread out and so predictable after the first 4 laps. but congrats to all top 4 riders. hayden scared me with his near crash and lorenzo is a beast, even though he couldnt do it, he will be a serious contender this year.
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
man, i wanted hayden totake lorenzo butoh well since my natural selection (stoner) sucked. The race was in 5th, 6th, 7th, etv. Dovi fighting with Loris, Hopkins, Vermulen, Jt. THat was the race
Old 03-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
I had the right three on the podium, just a slight order change. Should have gone with Pedrosa at home, but thought Lorenzo was gonna do the biz. Stoner feeling the pressure of the #1 plate? Ran off the same corner twice, but the second one was really just self preservation. But huge props for a strong finish none the less. Gotta wonder about Stoner also saying already he does not expect to do well at Estoril, before he's even raced in Spain. Apparently had a bad testing session there earlier. Was a good race for 5-9th for sure, love to see Loris take it back there at the end. King James was indeed riding strong considering he had a wicked case of bronchitis. Two weeks to Estoril, and I see Rossi with his first victory of the year there.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

250 race was amazingly fun to watch!
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
gsxr-7-fifty

Bike(s):
07 VTX1300c

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamariKid View Post
250 race was amazingly fun to watch!
well at least the last lap
gsxr-7-fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

That highside was nasty in the 250 race. First he lost the front, and the rear just snapped back. Off he went.

Stoner admitted to missing the setup, and he knew Jerez was going to be tough. I think he could have made top 6 if he had not gotten tangled up in the end like that.
Rossi is looking stronger and stronger. Estoril should be fun.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #9
hfa3g11
OG

yuh the 250 race was amazing. bautista is my boy man, i cant believe he was taken out like that. oh well, i read simoncelli apologized and they are both cool. good sportsmanship. honestly, it was good to see somebody else finish 1st other than stoner.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #10
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfa3g11 View Post
honestly, it was good to see somebody else finish 1st other than stoner.
I find that kinda weird though. I don't recall anyone saying they were tired of the Rossi show back a couple of years ago. At this level, the setup is so important that if 1 rider gets it just a little better, then they run off. The top 6 or 8 motoGP riders are all capable of doing so.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

the 250 was great. the 800 was great. Weird seeing Stoner near the back w/ two run-offs, and really glad to see Hayden back at the front of the pack (4th). Going to be a real great season. If only I remembered the fantasy racing.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:20 AM   #12
ange062

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZX-6R race bike
'05 SV650 Street
CMRA Expert #826, #63 Team Supafly Mini-Endurance, #26 IDB Racing BB Endurance

Send a message via AIM to ange062
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfa3g11 View Post
yuh the 250 race was amazing. bautista is my boy man, i cant believe he was taken out like that. oh well, i read simoncelli apologized and they are both cool. good sportsmanship. honestly, it was good to see somebody else finish 1st other than stoner.
I was wondering about that, surprised no commentary afterwards between the two, though the guy I was watching with predicted it (jokingly!) a lap before it happened.

That was a freakin awesome race though, even the 800's race was pretty exciting (although not compared to the 250's, it made AMA superbike look boring)
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:24 AM   #13
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Fantastic racing
Respect to Pedrosa but don't under estimate Rossi's acievement: this by their own admission is Bridgestone's bogey circuit. This was the only circuit last year that they didn't finish on the rostrum !!
"New" boy Rossi put that wrong to right
He said afterwards he was too cautious in the opening laps to not overwork his tyres early on which allowed Danny to get away.
Only his 2nd race on the Stones guys
Nearly ****ed it up though by thinking the race was over when in fact there was one to go Did you see that?? Noobs
Rossi's Yamaha was the fastest bike through the race speedtrap ,
Melandri's Ducati second

What can you say about Colin Edwards??
I really thought he had a rostrum in him here.
By the way he was asked about "that" save and his answer was, "wouldn't even get in my top 5, the cameras just happened to capture this one, now the one flat chat in 5th at ........."
Nicky- anything you can do, I can do too

James Toseland is a monster
He was proper sick, looked like when he came in afterwards

Wierd how Lorenzo wasn't able to run the times he did in his practice race simulations :/:

Did you see the King of Spain playing cupid between Lorenzo and Pedrosa after the race Yea, that worked

New technical rule in place in motoGP governing the size of the gas tank vent capture vessel and the use of a "working" one way valve between the tank and the vessel.
Seems a team last year was "allegedly" using a larger than usual capture vessel and no/disfunctional one way valve allegedly allowing fuel to be sucked back into the gas tank as a vacuum is created therefore potentially allowing more than the official 21 litres.
Clever these Italians

250's was awesome,
Simoncheli went straight up to Batista immediately afterwards and apologised.
Batista was cool
Did you see Kalio backing it in

MotoGp, best sport in the world
The Doctor in surgery
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #14
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Great racing. Everybody seems to charging hard in every position at the moment.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #15
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

I thought that Jorge was going to take it away- boy was I wrong. My pics were all "close" but no cigar, I had Rossi in 4th and Hayden in 5th, with Dani in 3rd with Stoner 2nd. Oh well!

I thought that Stoner looked out of place and uncomfortable all day, but +1 to Buck's comments about him having the marbles to battle back after two run offs, gotta give mad props for that in this field.

I still think that Hopper made a bad choice, but I don't see him finishing any better than he is anyway if he'd have stayed with 'Zook. Look at Vermuelen- that dude should be top 5 every race IMHO, yet he's still struggling a bit. I think Hopper would be doing the same.

Oh John, I think the reason why people are treating Stoner different than Rossi is just the fame and love factor. Even people who aren't particularly big fans of Rossi, still seem to have a fascination with him and like to see him win. He's a superstar, while it seemed last year I was thinking of Stoner as a "lucky" guy on a cheater bike that could ride these new computer controlled machines better than the guys with huge nads and raw talent to ride a motorcycle without all that . Kind of a subconscious thought.

Last edited by tomLSTD; 03-31-2008 at 11:41 AM.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #16
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #17
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL View Post
when toesland gets that new engine and same power as rossi and lorenzo...he's gonna make for some good racing cuz if ur in his way he like to move u...lol...its awesome....

and the 250 race was badass....how bout that highside...

can't wait to watch again....that wheelie/wobble lorenzo had was sick....if that happend to me i'd prolly give up riding for a while....
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #18
hfa3g11
OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
I find that kinda weird though. I don't recall anyone saying they were tired of the Rossi show back a couple of years ago. At this level, the setup is so important that if 1 rider gets it just a little better, then they run off. The top 6 or 8 motoGP riders are all capable of doing so.
i was one of the ones saying that it would be nice to see somebody else steal the show away from rossi a couple of years ago. i was obviously going for hayden in 06, going back for rossi in 07. i just cant seem to get get fond of stoner for some reason, like im not being a hater, i just cant seem to like the guy, same with pedrosa.

Advertisement