MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 PM   #61
sunshyn
Sunshyn

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

Man... sorry to hear it. I hope you get things sorted soon and that it works out for ya. :slide:
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need some help selling my bike.. Kodak General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 04-19-2013 03:16 PM
Selling my Bike makushr1 How To's and Q & A's 14 02-26-2011 02:16 PM
Selling my bike p.r papi General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-20-2009 11:28 AM
selling a bike Dgig General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-08-2008 01:03 AM
If you were selling your bike...would this..... cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 05-21-2008 12:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 08:08 PM   #62
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Back away from the auto trader....no need to sell the bike yet. Let the situation calm down. I've been in this situation before when I was about 27 amd it turned out good.

And Wade, call me if you need anything.

And dang Jet...you typed a novel back there!!! lol

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #63
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
It's definately a "true" DUI, but no it is not a DWI.

it's a driving under the influence charge, but it's only a C misdemeanor, a regular dui is a B

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 PM   #64
andre3k
I see dead people...

1st Miranda Right.

You have the right to remain silent.

So basically when you see yourself getting stopped on a dwi stop. STFU. dont blow, dont do hgn, dont answer any questions, just nod your head and answer yes or no. if that.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:00 PM   #65
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
1st Miranda Right.

So basically when you see yourself getting stopped on a dwi stop. STFU. dont blow, dont do hgn, dont answer any questions, just nod your head and answer yes or no. if that.
But don't they arrest you and suspend your license if you refuse to do what they ask ?
Old 03-31-2008, 09:42 PM   #66
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
it's a driving under the influence charge, but it's only a C misdemeanor, a regular dui is a B
Funny how that works huh?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #67
8-ball

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 Gsx-r 1K (Sold)
08 CBR 1000 LE (Stolen) Thieves should be made to suffer.
03 CBR 954 (Sold)
01 CBR F4i totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
....yup, youre fuct buddy.
It's true, I had buddy that got one, it wasn't pretty. S*** happens, just keep your head up. AND GOOD LUCK.
8-ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #68
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Funny how that works huh?
it's not the same, dude.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #69
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Hmm so give them evidence against you and your a$$ pay$ for it. Or give them nothing and they have nothing to go on which = no CONVICTION.

So believe what you want, he is right, it is the 5th admendment right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you.

J
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Refusing to blow or do SFST will most likely result in no licensio. You will have an admin hearing with DPS concerning this.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #70
Daytona_Rider
3rd Ward PoPo

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 Daytona 675 - Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
1st Miranda Right.

everyone thinks they can beat the system this way... but it's just not true. sure...people beat DWI cases this way but not as many as those that lose.

if you refuse to blow/take the tests... you automatically lose your license no matter what. you'll still have to pay the surcharges for the next 3 years. you'll still have to go to court. you'll still have to pay all those fabulous attorney's fees. and you still stand a good chance of losing. remember folks...all of the DWI units for HPD have cameras in the car...so when the jury sees you stumbling and bumbling all over the place...and they see you can't form a sentence without slurring, good chance you'll still get hammered.

the majority of the cases where the don't blow/ don't test theory works is the borderline cases. if you're a .08 to .10 or so you can get off because you may not be stumbling or slurring so therefore it's much harder to prove your intoxicted without the tests. however, MOST people who get pulled over for DWI aren't in that category...all of my DWI's have been .19 and above. You can't hide that stuff on video.

anyways, it's certainly a right of yours to refuse and if that's what you think is the right think to do then i support you 100%. just don't think that if you refuse you're garaunteed to get off.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 PM   #71
handozizle

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Send a message via AIM to handozizle
That sucks dude. I thought for sure you can get away with just one beer as long as you don't have anything on you. Welcome to the bikeless and wish to get another one club.
handozizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #72
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_Rider View Post
everyone thinks they can beat the system this way... but it's just not true. sure...people beat DWI cases this way but not as many as those that lose.

if you refuse to blow/take the tests... you automatically lose your license no matter what. you'll still have to pay the surcharges for the next 3 years. you'll still have to go to court. you'll still have to pay all those fabulous attorney's fees. and you still stand a good chance of losing. remember folks...all of the DWI units for HPD have cameras in the car...so when the jury sees you stumbling and bumbling all over the place...and they see you can't form a sentence without slurring, good chance you'll still get hammered.

the majority of the cases where the don't blow/ don't test theory works is the borderline cases. if you're a .08 to .10 or so you can get off because you may not be stumbling or slurring so therefore it's much harder to prove your intoxicted without the tests. however, MOST people who get pulled over for DWI aren't in that category...all of my DWI's have been .19 and above. You can't hide that stuff on video.

anyways, it's certainly a right of yours to refuse and if that's what you think is the right think to do then i support you 100%. just don't think that if you refuse you're garaunteed to get off.

All of that is a given once you get the dwi and go to intox anyway. If you dont talk, no hgn, and no sfst. the only evidence that can be used in a trial is the officers report, and lets admit it most patrol officers suck at dwi's. thats why they bump task force or step units to come and get them anyway. and maybe in car video. Most people that refuse to blow refuse to do the station video as well.

So you as an officer go to trial. You might have scene video. maybe. if he refuses hgn, you wont have that. if he refuses sfst's, you wont have that. no breathalyzer results, nothing. scene video nothing there. So in the end you all you have is your written report to present to the jury to convince them that this guy was intoxicated. Thats when the defense attorney jumps in and tries to rip you a new one while you're on the witness stand.

For some people blowing 15k on a dwi defense is a drop in the bucket to not having a conviction on their criminal history. Sure having your license suspended sucks, paying surcharges sucks, interlock devices suck. But the only thing that really matters in the end is whether you get the conviction or not.

You're fuked either way but if you dont test or blow you are less likely to be ****ed in a trial.

Last edited by andre3k; 04-01-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #73
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

wow brudda that sucks. get another horse ASAP!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #74
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Dont chitty chat with LEO's. (they will tell you this) You do not have to tell him about your point of departure, destination or what you did and will be doing at the two places respectively. Nothing good comes of that.

Get a good attorney. Pm if you need help on finding one.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #75
socplay50

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha R6 SOLD :(

Send a message via AIM to socplay50
what is a SFST and HGN

zero gravity smoked screen, LeoVince slip on, Shogun sliders, fender eliminator, flush mount turn signals
socplay50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #76
KMFT
WHLS UP

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by socplay50 View Post
what is a SFST and HGN
Standard Field Sobriety Test.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #77
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by socplay50 View Post
what is a SFST and HGN
SFST = Standardized Field Sobriety Test

HGN = Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus
Old 04-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #78
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I agree 100% once you get one they will try to stick you with more. After 10 pm your drunk. Could be earlier
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #79
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #80
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Jet your a trouble maker

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement