Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (2)

Need Help 04 r6 transmission or clutch issue?

long story but hopefully you guys can help me out.
OK I was going about 100 or so on the beltway and bike decides to slow down for no reason. I slow down pull over and get someone to pick me and the bike up. I purchased this r6 used and put 2k miles on this bike to total 14k miles. I know the guy stunted and layed the bike down so I know it was going to have problems sooner or later. So here is the problem, First the kickstand sensor was filthy so it would not start so we clean it, bike starts and I think that it's fixed. No Go. The bike will not ingage but I can go through all of the gears. It will rev and show mph and that's it. I'm guessing that I need a new clutch and springs. So is my clutch due for repairs ? or is this transmission issue ?
Thanks for any help or tips
bagedtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Question: Clutch/Transmission Infinite Off Topic 7 12-10-2012 07:34 AM
Clutch Issue bradtx How To's and Q & A's 7 09-13-2012 12:29 PM
Honda Announces the New Dual Clutch Transmission for Use in Large-displacement Sport Faylaricia General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 09-08-2009 09:21 AM
gsxr clutch issue mekrew How To's and Q & A's 6 04-13-2006 11:01 AM
Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
certified shutterbug
Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

sounds like a clutch but it could be either or.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Motorcycles Unlimited
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Sounds like the clutch.

One thing to check though, R6's are fairly notorious for the c/s sprocket nut coming off and the sprocket coming off.
Check the it's still on too.

If you can't get it figured out, bring it by and I'll diagnose it real quick, no charge.
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
Feedback Rating: (1)

Sorry guys I had to borrow my cousins screen name bagedtaco, to post real quick. Ok I read on another forum before anyone had posted and another guy has the same problem but he had changed his clutch but still has the same issue so I will check the front sprocket out and see whats going on.
Thanks Patrick for the help I appreciate the tip !
Since the weathers acting weird I'm not to worried about riding anytime soon.
Now I have to study for a test on monday and worry about the bike come Tuesday.
david_le is offline   Reply With Quote