MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
speedismo
OCD for speed

Feedback Rating: (0)

sept 30th at TWS (Texas World Speedway)

I am gonna be there..cornerworking half day and hitting the track other half.. who all r gonna be there..
can I come pit with some of u veterans?
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memorial Park Weds Night Sept 30th flip326 Health and Fitness 2 09-29-2009 10:52 PM
Sept. 30th. Trackday cornerworking spot 3xv Taking it to the Track 9 09-29-2005 05:43 AM
LSTD A group spot open(Sept. 30th)... anyone interested? FireMalt Taking it to the Track 5 09-28-2005 08:28 AM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) Sept 30th...may need a ride! zixx6r Taking it to the Track 1 09-27-2005 09:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
I am gonna be there..cornerworking half day and hitting the track other half.. who all r gonna be there..
can I come pit with some of u veterans?
. a little late, no?

veterans are probaly sleeping now or already there. go to sleep now!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
speedismo
OCD for speed

guess u r right...:icon_bigg .. stupid office kept me tied all the while..
Old 09-30-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
ZeE$hi

Send a message via MSN to ZeE$hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
guess u r right...:icon_bigg .. stupid office kept me tied all the while..
where do u work at ?
ZeE$hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
sshaikh01
The guitar boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeE$hi
where do u work at ?

I think he said he is an auditor for IBM :icon_bigg :notworthy :notworthy
sshaikh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
speedismo
OCD for speed

Seems u got your facts wrong second time Shaikh. Ask me when u meet me next time.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #7
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

me, gianni, carlos, speedismo, steve o, another guy on green kawi (sorry mang - can't remember your tag), and i think two others from here made it out for the rides...

cool day... brought the tank cam out - vid coming sometime soon...

here's some pics...

going into t10...

steve o throwin down his gang sign...

me & steve o...

going into t2 - tank cam helps me get off the bike...

lean beeyach!!! (love those left handers)... :glasses10

all in all - i give this track day one serious:

mad props to all the super cool peepz w/lstd... you guys rock!...

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 10-02-2005 at 01:31 PM.
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #8
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
me, gianni, carlos, speedismo, steve o, another guy on green kawi (sorry mang - can't remember your tag), and i think two others from here made it out for the rides...

cool day... brought the tank cam out - vid coming sometime soon...
Henry, I had a blast riding with you as usual bro... too bad we didn't get to really wick it up together. I'll be there on the 7th, wife gave me the ok! So hopefully we'll be rocking it out there again.

I can't wait to see the vid on something other than a 1 X 1 screen, haha... too bad it was when we were showing Josh around doin 2:18s. Oh well, if we can hook the tank cam up to my bike I'll be more than happy to plop it on my bike and tape some footage of you.

I think the guy on teh green ZX6r was Will if I'm not mistaken... nice guy!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:40 PM   #9
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Henry, I had a blast riding with you as usual bro... too bad we didn't get to really wick it up together. I'll be there on the 7th, wife gave me the ok! So hopefully we'll be rocking it out there again.
right back atcha man... yeah... didn't get on it too much - but that's ok... don't know if you noticed, but i wasn't walking around much... i sprained my ankle pretty bad about four days before the track day so i was more than happy with our pace... we did nail a couple of 2:10's at least though...

Quote:
I can't wait to see the vid on something other than a 1 X 1 screen, haha... too bad it was when we were showing Josh around doin 2:18s. Oh well, if we can hook the tank cam up to my bike I'll be more than happy to plop it on my bike and tape some footage of you.
ha, no kidding!... i'm thinking about bringing a tv next time... i might just take you up on that offer one day - thanks!... :icon_bigg

Quote:
I think the guy on teh green ZX6r was Will if I'm not mistaken... nice guy!

will are you lurking???...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #10
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
right back atcha man... yeah... didn't get on it too much - but that's ok... don't know if you noticed, but i wasn't walking around much... i sprained my ankle pretty bad about four days before the track day so i was more than happy with our pace... we did nail a couple of 2:10's at least though...
Before I gave back the lap timer to Patrick I scrolled through the times... I got two 2:08s and two 2:09s.... I think that's when I was dicing it up with the guy on the ZX10 and R1.

I'm beginning to wonder if I really did a 2:04.5 last year... I was running really well on Friday and don't think I could has eclipsed my times by that much last year. Hmmmm....

Now that you mention it... you really weren't walking around too much. I bet it hurt quite a bit when honking the bike over in the corners.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
zixx6r

Yeah I just checked in, great to see everyone at the track day. I didnt get to walk around the paddock much I was enjoying the time between sessions to relax. Last track day I did the school and it was non-stop riding/class/riding/class. I just felt lucky to be there on Friday, my truck is still out of commission but dhdrider (Jason) was kind enough to let me trailer my bike and ride up with him, thanks Jason!

I had a good time and got faster throughout the day but had my first real o moments at the track. First session in the morning on cold tires, 2nd lap and I almost lost the rear on turn 3. Last session at turn 3 the weirdest thing, I passed my braking marker and my mind went completely blank, didnt know I was even on a bike. I downshifted without blipping the throttle and locked up the rear, almost lost it. Last session of the day weirdness I guess. Hoping to see that one on FZ1moto's video.

I'll be seeing you guys in November!
zixx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #12
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Had a good time as well. I rode the entire second to last session w/ some other guy on an RC51 who had a lap timer and he said we were turning 2:00 - 2:02's the whole time. Felt pretty good. Especially once the track heated up.

Great to meet up w/ some of the MH guys. Hopefully I can make it out on the 7th...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:56 PM   #13
goldenboy
ROGUE

Bike(s):
RC51

dhd,,,,that was me on the 51. Had a great time out that session with ya! we'll have to do it again. Hit me up over at the rogue. Henry and STevo.....I was trying to get over to where ya'll were pitted and say hi but didnt get a chance to. I'll try to holla at yall next time! I was pushin the 51 pretty hard all day. I had some cold tear problems on only the right side of both tires. I gotta look into that this week ans see what the dealio is. See ya'll at the next one! Landon
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM   #14
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy
dhd,,,,that was me on the 51. Had a great time out that session with ya! we'll have to do it again. Hit me up over at the rogue. Henry and STevo.....I was trying to get over to where ya'll were pitted and say hi but didnt get a chance to. I'll try to holla at yall next time! I was pushin the 51 pretty hard all day. I had some cold tear problems on only the right side of both tires. I gotta look into that this week ans see what the dealio is. See ya'll at the next one! Landon
If that was you on the street (stock body work) RC51 you were moving pretty good... you passed me exiting T6 one time and I stayed with you as long as I could by once we exited the chicane you were gone and I had nothing else for you, haha. You ride real well.

I'll be there in Nov so hopefully we can meet up...