MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #141
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1 View Post
Swing by here and say hello, and i can smack ya on the back of the head....
What's up JR...!! Long time no see you...!! Need to check you new work place. Glad you were back in the Motorcycle industry...!!!
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friend is in a essay competion to meet Dr. Niel Tyson, please vote for my friend Goldenboy1 Off Topic 8 03-21-2011 05:11 PM
HowTo: Help a Friend Who Gets Arrested in the Middle of the Night ArturoC Off Topic 7 06-20-2006 08:33 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #142
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Andre... so they can't hold you for a certain amount of time in jail before charges are filed? That's what I've been getting at in all of my questions in this post to you.

Can you be taken to jail and held without charges being filed, for a certain amount of time? And if so, what is that time limit? I know it's not the same as real life, but on TV shows, sometimes they'll arrest someone on suspicion of this and that and they have a certain amount of time to gather more evidence or something in order to charge him with more than just the original "traffic arrest" or whatever he was brought in for. If they can't come up with anything in that time, they have to let them go.

Could that have happened here? Could 72 hours be the limit one can be held in jail without charges being filed?

Your info and reply are appreciated, as I'm just curious about all of this and how it works.

Thanks,

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #143
2slo

Feedback Rating: (0)

my .02

interesting thread. My sister has been an independent court appointed attorney for over ten years and after listening to her stories I have come to the following conclusions. 1) don't do anything illegal and your CHANCES of being arrested will drop dramatically 2) NEVER cop an an attitude with an officer..it only adds fuel to the fire 3) know your rights 4) being rich and white does make a difference in our legal system 5) there are no good cops or bad cops. just good and bad people that happen to have a badge 6) our system is not perfect but it is better then some alternatives 7) be nice to the intake officer..and hope he/she got laid last night deb
2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #144
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
hmmm.... i never had any problems with alvin pd....weird. BCSO is a whole nuther story.
really?? i have been stopped by bcso several times and they have always been cool. first time i got pulled over i was speeding 14 over, expired license, expired insurance and mip and i got off without a warning. (i had license and ins, just the ones i had with me had expired)
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #145
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
Andre... so they can't hold you for a certain amount of time in jail before charges are filed? That's what I've been getting at in all of my questions in this post to you.

Can you be taken to jail and held without charges being filed, for a certain amount of time? And if so, what is that time limit? I know it's not the same as real life, but on TV shows, sometimes they'll arrest someone on suspicion of this and that and they have a certain amount of time to gather more evidence or something in order to charge him with more than just the original "traffic arrest" or whatever he was brought in for. If they can't come up with anything in that time, they have to let them go.

Could that have happened here? Could 72 hours be the limit one can be held in jail without charges being filed?

Your info and reply are appreciated, as I'm just curious about all of this and how it works.

Thanks,
I've noticed you ask this twice earlier, I answered you both times. Refer to post #90 and more so #96.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #146
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post

Thanks,
I don't what the specifics are for how long someone can be held w/o filing charges right off the top of my head. We have to have everything done before we go home. So in every instance with hpd we put you in jail, go to the station then file charges. there is no waiting or holding period. If I put someone in jail and didn't file charges till three days later, I'd probably be fired.

Other departments in other jurisdictions may have their own rules but thats how we do it.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #147
Blue91

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I've noticed you ask this twice earlier, I answered you both times. Refer to post #90 and more so #96.
And I asked Andre both times b/c he's an LEO and you're not (yet?).

I wanted an answer from the source in the field, not based on hearsay.

Thanks for your answers though.

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #148
RedSand

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

I give the officer the benefit of the doubt, but the term your friend is looking for is official oppression. It's a violation of 4th Ammendment rights, and that's what he would sue the department for. This really has nothing to do with whether or not he did run from the police, it has to do with the warrantless arrest. The DA either wouldn't accept, or dropped the charges because the arrest didn't occur within reasonable time of the offense. In order to arrest your friend, the officer needed to obtain an arrest warrant.

Due process my friends.

2007 CBR600RR Ride Smart-5 Yoshi SlipOn, BMC Filter, SS FendElim, Puig Screen, PCIII
RedSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #149
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Then we end up with another 5 page thread full of senseless posts.
You under estimated just how senseless this forum can be.

I wanna say thanks to Andre and the other LEO's that tried to give us the straight story.

I think that the guy who was arrested told you what he wanted you to hear.Your friend lied so you would tell everyone how innocent he is.

Because he is your friend you believed the story and repeated it here and then, for some, it became the truth.
Our fellow MHers (the LEOs and others) have explained how the system works. Your friend would not have been arrested and detained for 3 days if it was the way he told it.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #150
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

lol to everyone telling me my friend telling me what he wanted me to hear, i domt care to hear , people tend to think we have a flawless system, i think those are mainly the people who have never been encounter with real police on the streets.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:51 AM   #151
badman
Banned

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 750 ALL BLACK BABY

User is banned

badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:01 AM   #152
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
We need the police report now !!!! Or it did'nt happen .

Advertisement