MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #101
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friend is in a essay competion to meet Dr. Niel Tyson, please vote for my friend Goldenboy1 Off Topic 8 03-21-2011 05:11 PM
HowTo: Help a Friend Who Gets Arrested in the Middle of the Night ArturoC Off Topic 7 06-20-2006 08:33 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #102
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
you consented to a search? first mistake. dont consent to . you see the search didn't help the situation.
Nothing good ever comes from consenting to a voluntary search
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #103
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
plus I figure if you dont consent, you must be hiding something.
Never have to justify exercising your constitutional rights
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #104
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Never have to justify exercising your constitutional rights

Yep. I got popped for POM in high school. Long story, but the cop knew me by my reputation and figured I had something in my car. I refused consent to search, but had a .22 shell on the floor of my truck - not a cartridge, just the shell. He claimed that was all the PC he needed and searched the truck and found a little bit of herb in a tupperware under the seat. Fukt thing was that he filed in his report that he had smelled burning pot in the car and never mentioned anything about the .22 casing. I was not and had not been smoking, and this was 1997, in podunk Texas, where you didn't get herb that smelled - much less smelled like a "strong odor of burning marijuana" like he filed in the report. Guess he just figured that was a more concrete argument in favor of his probable cause.

I mean, hey, I was guilty as charged, but the officer lied to get the job done. I lawyered up and got it dropped tho.

My lawyer told me that from then on, if I was ever asked for consent to search my vehicle just to say, "Sorry officer, but my attorney has cautioned me never to consent to a search of my vehicle, person or property."

Old 03-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #105
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
sorry you went through all that candie...

there are a few different topics here - but there are some things in this thread that are really worth knowing:

1. while an officer can ARREST you... it is infact DA approval/involvement that is REQUIRED in order for charges to be filed in certain instances...

in other words "it ain't just up to the popo" when someone gets C-H-A-R-G-E-D with evading... not just arrested for evading...

2. until i see a scan of the charges filed ALL INFORMATION ON THE CASE IS THIRD HAND and therefore an absolute moot effing point... i'm not calling anybody a liar... i'm saying there is likely MORE TO THIS STORY than just a taillight... (see #1 above) that being said...

3. anybody can sue anybody... tell your friend (if he has money) he can sue... document everything - lost wages, damage to the bike, punative damages... everything... and have his day in court...

i hope everybody appreciates andre3k and the other officers we have here on the board... it's certainly not easy jumpin in on one of these threads... but they're trying to explain how things work for everyone's benefit...

thanks andre3k...

thats the way i see it. and at the same time. nobody is jumping on andrek or anyone else

sometimes there is heat on the topic ,but im sure isnt personal

and yes i thank andrek and all the other officers here for sharing usefull info
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #106
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Very simple like Henry and Andre mentioned:
1) Get the police report, court documents etc, pretty easy and fast
2) If you are correct and it was that the officer lied to DA so he can give a go to the arrest, get a lawyer and contact IA, you will need money
3) if your friend is actually guilty of something and had a freedom pass after 3 days, then live with it and be happy.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #107
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
here is what happened to a close guy that i know where facts are in paper:
A few weeks or month ago there was a robbery and shoot out outside a club, it was on the news. They arrested a suspect (person I know) and charged with robbery and shooting an officer which at that point he wasn't a suspect anymore. LEO was off duty working as security for said club.
He was arrested at the pool hall in the restroom next to where it went down, they didn't find gun, drugs or nothing but he filled the description, MEXICAN wearing a HOODIE.
He didn't talk at all to the LEO and ask for lawyer which was when he was charged, it took many hours for the lawyer to be able to talk to him because cops didn't allowed it, they were too crazy trying to find out who shot their LEO friend.
He declared to the lawyer we was eating at Burger King at the time the robbery and shooting happened which cops and DA didn't believe. They were happy cause he was going down for it, but what do you know the attorney got smart hired a PI. PI went to Burger King and lucky him the Burger King had Cameras and didn't erase the tape. They found out the charged guy in the video cameras eating a hamburger when the robbery and shooting took place. He was free of charge, no apologies, his only mistake was eating a hamburger, walking towards the pool hall, being Mexican and wearing a hoodie.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #108
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

What's the jail drag?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #109
D-Mo

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILMAN View Post
What was his crime then ?
....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Mo View Post
I don't get what you're saying. His only known crime can't be running from the police because he had to have been doing something illegal to get the sirens going in the first place. I would think any cop would be eager to nab someone who 'got away' from them if they happened upon them again by coincidence. Like I said before if you aren't the cop or the detainee there is no way you know the whole story.
I was including my self in that statement too.
D-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #110
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
.....to be continued
Old 03-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #111
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Alrova: Nice to see you around and back in the board, sorry about your friend, thats pretty fubar....!!!

That's why I do not trust Cops..!!! Specially when you are NOT white....!!! (I'm Hispanic, Mexican to be specific)

I'm always get very nervous when stopped by a Cop and wife also gets very nervous...!!! We just do not trust them.

If they want to search your car, they can use the search to "plant" something in your car or person..!!! drugs or a weapon, and any Cop can kill you in cold blood and "plant" a gun in your hand and then say that he kill you in self defense..!!

And most Cops hate bikers..!!! specially sportbike riders.

I agree that NOT all Cops are bad and maybe the ONLY cool Cops are the ones that ride and share our passion for Motorcycles.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #112
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
Alrova: Nice to see you around and back in the board, sorry about your friend, thats pretty fubar....!!!

That's why I do not trust Cops..!!! Specially when you are NOT white....!!! (I'm Hispanic, Mexican to be specific)

I'm always get very nervous when stopped by a Cop and wife also gets very nervous...!!! We just do not trust them.

If they want to search your car, they can use the search to "plant" something in your car or person..!!! drugs or a weapon, and any Cop can kill you in cold blood and "plant" a gun in your hand and then say that he kill you in self defense..!!

And most Cops hate bikers..!!! specially sportbike riders.

I agree that NOT all Cops are bad and maybe the ONLY cool Cops are the ones that ride and share our passion for Motorcycles.
If it really is that easy, what's to stop a civilian from killing you and planting a gun in your hand then claiming self defense? You think they're going to overlook all the details of a shooting just because the shooter is a cop?
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #113
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

ok ok this thread went no where lol thanks for everyones responses
Old 03-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #114
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

it was me they were looking for shamir. tell your buddy sorry bout that.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:05 AM   #115
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Yeah. Doesn't Azylum live in that part of town?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
it was me they were looking for shamir. tell your buddy sorry bout that.
im starting to think so
Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 AM   #116
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Andre and all the other cops that have posted in this thread. Thank you, I know you are against odds in a thread like this, and I have actually learned and taken a bit from you LEO's in this thread. I don't hate on anyone here but will say some of the comments by the LEO's in this thread seem like all cops are just doing their jobs. While most are there are douchebags who have the super ego syndrome giving us younger people t for nonsense. For instance the rookie Alvin cop who moved to my apartment complex (in pearland) knocking on our doors (several of us bikers live here in the same complex) late in the evening (9pm) and harassing us about the noise of our bikes and telling us that anytime he hears us leave he's calling pearland pd to follow us wherever we go, and that the minute we go over the speed limit we will goto jail (love to see a cop take me to jail for 32 in a 30). Even going as far as to tell us if the noise from our bikes doesn't stop, we will get evicted (personally know the apt manager and she said she never said that and it never has been that bad) These guys make the rest of you look like . Just saying these cops do exist and they are out there and they are . I have met 1 other from Alvin that was like this but for the most part all my dealings with cops they have been friendly (must be the water in Alvin) Just my 2 cents. Thanks again for all the info guys and thanks for being good at what you do.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 03-29-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #117
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

whats an leo?
Old 03-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #118
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

law enforcement officer (police, sherrif, constable, ect, ect)
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #119
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

lol ok thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 02:42 AM   #120
DOV