MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #61
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
And it's the officers word against the supposed lawbreaker....right?
Using that logic why do have judges and juries try cases. They are supposed to be impartial. Do we throw away the whole justice system based on the wrong someone "could" do. Instead we have faith in a system that generally works for us.

Yeah we can all talked about how ****ed up things are and how the cops are out to get us. But the system pretty much works. Looks third world countries and the criminal justice system or lack thereof.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friend is in a essay competion to meet Dr. Niel Tyson, please vote for my friend Goldenboy1 Off Topic 8 03-21-2011 05:11 PM
HowTo: Help a Friend Who Gets Arrested in the Middle of the Night ArturoC Off Topic 7 06-20-2006 08:33 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #62
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
And I agree with you henry. I guess, i'm just trying to understand, just like omega, what warranted the circumstances
the freedom of information act is your friend... you could petition a judge to release all court documents and find out... or you could ask the guy who got arrested for him to get a copy of all the court records... and you'd have your answer...

Quote:
and how his friend should deal with it.....:dontknow:
eh... either sue or move on...

there's no way it was JUST b/c of a taillight tho... i'd have to call bs on that one... but unless any of us see copies of the court docs - it's a moot point...

it's back to him either suing or moving on...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #63
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
Before they drive away with you in the back, right? Or when you get to the station?
before they get booked pretty much. I've found a baggie full of crack on the guy and got the charges approved while driving to jail. If for some ungoldly reason the DA said that there was not enough evidence to explain why the guy had a bag full of dope of him, i simply unarrest him.

Pull the car over to the side. take off the cuffs, tell him to have a nice day. tag the dope evidence, do my report, done deal. he was unarrested. you can always take the cuffs off.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #64
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Using that logic why do have judges and juries try cases. They are supposed to be impartial. Do we throw away the whole justice system based on the wrong someone "could" do. Instead we have faith in a system that generally works for us.

Yeah we can all talked about how ****ed up things are and how the cops are out to get us. But the system pretty much works. Looks third world countries and the criminal justice system or lack thereof.
Not taking a jab at the justice system andre, cause lord know's I have done some pretty stupid stuff and got what I deserved....

But, that is the basic truth. Just like there are good cops out there doing the justice system right, there are bad cops out there taking advantage of the justice system....:dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #65
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Not taking a jab at the justice system andre, cause lord know's I have done some pretty stupid stuff and got what I deserved....

But, that is the basic truth. Just like there are good cops out there doing the justice system right, there are bad cops out there taking advantage of the justice system....:dontknow:

The media hypes up the bad cops and makes it out to be more than what it really is. Crooks have had to take a double take in my back seat when they har me listening to screw music on duty and smoking black & milds.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #66
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

fine ill get a copy of court docs, or go to hpd and get a police report, and we will see, however not goin to do any good there just cops statement, but i think everyone failing to see my point, if this was the case why DID THEY LET HIM GO , CHARGES DROPPED 3 DAYS LATER.?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #67
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
So is it mandatory that you get the DA approval BEFORE booking the guy/putting him into the actual jail? Or is it possible that someone can be put in jail PENDING DA acceptance of the evidence against that person?

Basically, I'm asking if it's POSSIBLE (since I don't know how things work, in what order, etc) that this guy was arrested and held for a few days before the DA was notified of the 'evidence' against him and then said "no, not enough evidence, let him go."

Thanks,

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #68
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
The media hypes up the bad cops and makes it out to be more than what it really is. Crooks have had to take a double take in my back seat when they har me listening to screw music on duty and smoking black & milds.

"Take me to jail"

"lock me up"

Throw away tha key"

That's pretty awesome.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #69
Scatter

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
fine ill get a copy of court docs, or go to hpd and get a police report, and we will see, however not goin to do any good there just cops statement, but i think everyone failing to see my point, if this was the case why DID THEY LET HIM GO , CHARGES DROPPED 3 DAYS LATER.?
why did it take 3 days to figure out the mistake? is that what you are asking?
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #70
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

my two cents, PLEASE READ, ITS FUNNY AND WORTH THE READ

A friend and I were in my car(red Honda DEL SOL) driving up 146 in seabrook at about 10pm about 7 or 8 yrs ago. My friend says "hey slow down around here, they'll give you a ticket REAL quick" speed limit was 45 and I was doing 47ish, just then I look up as I roll thru an green light at an intersection(of nasa rd 1) and a officer was at the light and gave me a HARD look. I let off the gas and slow down to 45, I keep my eye on him in the rear view and sure enough as soon as her made the right, his headlights hit the sky. I was like **** man....2 miles over? Anyhow, he hits his lights, pulls me over. I turn down a side street and park. I notice that he stays back about 10 car lengths and I thought that to be odd. He doesnt get out right away and about 5 min later, 2 other patrol cars flank him sirens going and all. They shut off the sirens and I hear over the PA, "DRIVER, EXIT THE CAR SLOWLY WITH YOUR HANDS UP!" At this point, I look to my friend(his home town) Im like "Dude, all this for 2 miles over? What a bunch of " lol I get out, I turn around and low and behole, all 5 of them have their guns pointed at me! They tell me to get face first on the ground and then tell my friend to do the same.. By this time, I know something is up(duh) They hand cuff us and search us, find nothing on us and drag us over to the curb. The cop asks me a bunch of questions, like where have I been, where am I going etc. Not one time did he mention my speed. He asked if it was ok to search my car..I said sure. Well, they get to the trunk, and I happen to have a sega Genesis and some stero equipment in there, they question me REAL hard about why it was in my trunk. I told them why, that i was taking it to a friends house etc. They then get a call on the radio which I couldnt hear well. Cops come back and un-cuff my friend and I, they explain that it was a mix up, that a red honda CIVIC was seen peeling off from a house burglary, and that he heard the call as I had driven past him on 146. He got a little ansy and pulled me over thinking I was THAT GUY. They ended up giving our license back and saying "have a good night!" Not a sorry or anything! lol

So, yeh, I feel your friends pain.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #71
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
why did it take 3 days to figure out the mistake? is that what you are asking?
he prob bonded out. wanted to save face to his buddy and said they got dropped.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #72
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

As I understand it, and Andre can answer with facts, you can hold a person- in jail- pending charges for a certain amount of time.

I'm with Henry and Andre on this, there has got to be more to this story than what we know here.

I've seen plenty of arrests in my line of work, and everyone I've seen locked up is "innocent".
Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #73
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post

A friend and I were in my car(red Honda DEL SOL) driving up 146 in seabrook at about 10pm about 7 or 8 yrs ago. My friend says "hey slow down around here, they'll give you a ticket REAL quick" speed limit was 45 and I was doing 47ish, just then I look up as I roll thru an green light at an intersection(of nasa rd 1) and a officer was at the light and gave me a HARD look. I let off the gas and slow down to 45, I keep my eye on him in the rear view and sure enough as soon as her made the right, his headlights hit the sky. I was like **** man....2 miles over? Anyhow, he hits his lights, pulls me over. I turn down a side street and park. I notice that he stays back about 10 car lengths and I thought that to be odd. He doesnt get out right away and about 5 min later, 2 other patrol cars flank him sirens going and all. They shut off the sirens and I hear over the PA, "DRIVER, EXIT THE CAR SLOWLY WITH YOUR HANDS UP!" At this point, I look to my friend(his home town) Im like "Dude, all this for 2 miles over? What a bunch of " lol I get out, I turn around and low and behole, all 5 of them have their guns pointed at me! They tell me to get face first on the ground and then tell my friend to do the same.. By this time, I know something is up(duh) They hand cuff us and search us, find nothing on us and drag us over to the curb. The cop asks me a bunch of questions, like where have I been, where am I going etc. Not one time did he mention my speed. He asked if it was ok to search my car..I said sure. Well, they get to the trunk, and I happen to have a sega Genesis and some stero equipment in there, they question me REAL hard about why it was in my trunk. I told them why, that i was taking it to a friends house etc. They then get a call on the radio which I couldnt hear well. Cops come back and un-cuff my friend and I, they explain that it was a mix up, that a red honda CIVIC was seen peeling off from a house burglary, and that he heard the call as I had driven past him on 146. He got a little ansy and pulled me over thinking I was THAT GUY. They ended up giving our license back and saying "have a good night!" Not a sorry or anything! lol

you consented to a search? first mistake. dont consent to .

you see the search didn't help the situation.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #74
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post

Yeah!!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #75
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:

Well, at the time, I didnt feel as if I did anythign wrong, then they pop the trunk, and it just made things worse!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #76
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

plus I figure if you dont consent, you must be hiding something.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #77
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Quote:

I have always wondered what a LEO can do once you say no to a search. I have heard several stories. Can you set me straight. What they can and cant search.

Thanks.
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #78
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

I think andre needs to make a thread outlining what happens on the "real" streets of houston.....

Old 03-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #79
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
I think andre needs to make a thread outlining what happens on the "real" streets of houston.....
Chris doesn't own enough bandwidth!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #80
D-Mo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
I think what you're missing is that there could have been someone on a katana who did run from the cop and the guy, not knowing any better, took him in on it (if that is how the laws work). He was probably just doing his job the best way he could, sucks that it took three days to make sure it was or wasn't the right guy and I doubt he apologized, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

On the other hand theres the possibility of something more sinister, but I don't want to cast your friends character in a bad light since I don't even know him. But you can't really know whats what unless you're one of the people involved.

I don't think its alright to just ignore it and let it slide, but there isn't a whole lot you can do since it appears no one is at fault. Thats just the way it works, and if you can think of a way to make it work better hopefully there is someplace or person that will listen.
D-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement