Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #41
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
BS....SUE....The DA has to be TOLD the situation by the POPO 2 see if the situation warrants arrest. THIS POPO had no right 2 even take it 2 the call with "a general tail light" description, it's obvious this LIED 2 EVEN GET the DA 2 agree 2 bring homeboy in!

It happened 2 me not 2 long ago....long story... Cop walking thru traffic at a red light giving tickets was apparently walking from behind my truck 2 attempt 2 pull me over on foot. My light turned green before i ever saw him so i proceeded 2 make my right hand turn, and no he hadn't reached the side of my truck by the time my light went green, so i never even knew he was there.

About 3 lights after my turn, he pulls in front of me at another light (now in his car), blocking the intersection, got out and pulled his gun, walked 2 the truck, and ordered me 2 get out. I asked what was up, he said i was evading...

I told him he musta had the wrong person and attempted 2 tell him where i was coming from, he yelled for me 2 get out the truck while continuing 2 hold me at gun point so i said " u call ur sargeant" (sp), he asked again, i said " u, call ur sargent, and call IA out, u have no reason 2 be holding me at gunpoint right now, ur life has not been in any danger", when he realized i wasn't about 2 go anywhere or do anything, he yelled for me 2 pull my truck over in a parking lot next 2 the intersection, i did. Then he yelled "give me ur id and information", i again said " u call ur sargeant i'll give him whatever u want", he gets back in the car, i sit on the ground.

Sargeant pulls up talks 2 me, I told him this NEVER approached me 2 pull me over and NEVER made himself aware 2 me while at that light, and at no time was i EVER FLEEING from him. He goes and talks 2 him, comes back & says "the cop called the DA and explained what happen, and was told by the DA 'because u were walking up on the car and it wasn't clear that he approached my vehicle he couldn't take me for evading but can take me for any ticket he was writing, just b/c i gave him a hard time'."

I told the sargeant, "if i go 2 jail for any phucking thing today u can rest assure IA will have complaints against u & him on ur LT's desk by tomorrow from my attorney". He walked back over and calmed homeboy down, i took my ticket for no registration, and the original cop proceeded 2 continue telling me i should pull over when a cop attempts 2 approach my vehicle, and i told him next time a cop follows procedure correctly and justifably pulls me over i'll be happy 2 do so!!

i got away lucky i shoulda went 2 jail, but homeboy knew he didn't have proof on the evading and knew he was wrong for pulling a pistol on me, the sargeant was really cool and empathetic 2 my anger. I thanked him and told the original one thank u after all was said and done!

I saw the same at another light about 3 months later, this time i didn't have on a seatbelt and when his homie was walking over 2 give me a ticket, i rolled down the window so he could recognize me, while putting on my seatbelt and yelled at the "i know u gonna let me make it today, right", he smiled and said yeah and told his homie don't worry about the ticket and let me roll! He turned out 2 be cool, but this jerk went all the way with it!
SUE SUE SUE!!!!

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. But like I said before, you dont know anything. I dont anything about the arrest. So I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

His options are simple. He can pick which route he wants to go. He's a big boy.

I've met just as many "" citizens as I have cops.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friend is in a essay competion to meet Dr. Niel Tyson, please vote for my friend Goldenboy1 Off Topic 8 03-21-2011 05:11 PM
HowTo: Help a Friend Who Gets Arrested in the Middle of the Night ArturoC Off Topic 7 06-20-2006 08:33 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #42
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

listen, please, to andre. he IS telling you the truth. harris county MUST have a DA's approval to arrest on this. was the cop a helmet for doing this? probably. the DA will dismiss everything in all likelyhood. but take it to IA.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #43
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

blame all your buddies who ride sportbikes on the frways at speeds, start w/ gixxerbill then move on to jay

sucks, but he'll get over it.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #44
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
/me waits for Racer X to spout his BS about it being your friend's fault, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR FTW View Post
Racer X is going to say : Serves your friend right for having a tail light that a criminal has...

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
Yoohoo!! Ed (racer X) where are yoooouuuuu!

Man, you guys must really get a for Racer X.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #45
GSXR FTW
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

GSXR FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #46
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
BS....SUE....The DA has to be TOLD the situation by the POPO 2 see if the situation warrants arrest. THIS POPO had no right 2 even take it 2 the call with "a general tail light" description, it's obvious this LIED 2 EVEN GET the DA 2 agree 2 bring homeboy in!

It happened 2 me not 2 long ago....long story... Cop walking thru traffic at a red light giving tickets was apparently walking from behind my truck 2 attempt 2 pull me over on foot. My light turned green before i ever saw him so i proceeded 2 make my right hand turn, and no he hadn't reached the side of my truck by the time my light went green, so i never even knew he was there.

About 3 lights after my turn, he pulls in front of me at another light (now in his car), blocking the intersection, got out and pulled his gun, walked 2 the truck, and ordered me 2 get out. I asked what was up, he said i was evading...

I told him he musta had the wrong person and attempted 2 tell him where i was coming from, he yelled for me 2 get out the truck while continuing 2 hold me at gun point so i said " u call ur sargeant" (sp), he asked again, i said " u, call ur sargent, and call IA out, u have no reason 2 be holding me at gunpoint right now, ur life has not been in any danger", when he realized i wasn't about 2 go anywhere or do anything, he yelled for me 2 pull my truck over in a parking lot next 2 the intersection, i did. Then he yelled "give me ur id and information", i again said " u call ur sargeant i'll give him whatever u want", he gets back in the car, i sit on the ground.

Sargeant pulls up talks 2 me, I told him this NEVER approached me 2 pull me over and NEVER made himself aware 2 me while at that light, and at no time was i EVER FLEEING from him. He goes and talks 2 him, comes back & says "the cop called the DA and explained what happen, and was told by the DA 'because u were walking up on the car and it wasn't clear that he approached my vehicle he couldn't take me for evading but can take me for any ticket he was writing, just b/c i gave him a hard time'."

I told the sargeant, "if i go 2 jail for any phucking thing today u can rest assure IA will have complaints against u & him on ur LT's desk by tomorrow from my attorney". He walked back over and calmed homeboy down, i took my ticket for no registration, and the original cop proceeded 2 continue telling me i should pull over when a cop attempts 2 approach my vehicle, and i told him next time a cop follows procedure correctly and justifably pulls me over i'll be happy 2 do so!!

i got away lucky i shoulda went 2 jail, but homeboy knew he didn't have proof on the evading and knew he was wrong for pulling a pistol on me, the sargeant was really cool and empathetic 2 my anger. I thanked him and told the original one thank u after all was said and done!

I saw the same at another light about 3 months later, this time i didn't have on a seatbelt and when his homie was walking over 2 give me a ticket, i rolled down the window so he could recognize me, while putting on my seatbelt and yelled at the "i know u gonna let me make it today, right", he smiled and said yeah and told his homie don't worry about the ticket and let me roll! He turned out 2 be cool, but this jerk went all the way with it!
SUE SUE SUE!!!!
wow, lol wrote a book
Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #47
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
wow, lol wrote a book
about 2 sentences was pertinent to this thread
Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #48
GSXR FTW
Banned

User is banned

GSXR FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #49
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
blame all your buddies who ride sportbikes on the frways at speeds, start w/ gixxerbill then move on to jay

sucks, but he'll get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Man, you guys must really get a for Racer X.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #50
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Serious question... you're saying that at some point between the time the officer walks up to your vehicle during the stop and the time that you're in the backseat of the car actually driving to the station, the officer has at some point called in to the DA to see if he's "allowed" to arrest you for what the officer is accusing you of?

If this is the case, I can see it being the officers issue, not the DA. Like Candy said, the DA can only go on what the officer is telling him/her. If the officer is lying, the DA can't know that.

In this case, IF this is what happened, I can see that being the reason why the charges were dropped. After it was looked in to further, the DA realized he had nothing that would hold up in court?

*shrug* Not arguing or anything. Just trying to get a better understanding of how that stuff works (not talking strictly about 'this' situation). I've never been in trouble with the law so I wouldn't know about the officer having to call in to the da before driving away with you in the back (if that's how it works).

Thanks,

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #51
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR FTW View Post
Racer X, Why do you even ride (if you do) if you are going to ride like a little girl all the time?
For one having arms and legs and a head thats not busted wide open is nice.

After seeing a few MC fatalities made me slow down .......a WHOLE lot.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #52
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

So pretty much what you are saying, is that the D.A. has to go off of what the arresting officer is "purposedly" telling him....no? :dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #53
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

sorry you went through all that candie...

there are a few different topics here - but there are some things in this thread that are really worth knowing:

1. while an officer can ARREST you... it is infact DA approval/involvement that is REQUIRED in order for charges to be filed in certain instances...

in other words "it ain't just up to the popo" when someone gets C-H-A-R-G-E-D with evading... not just arrested for evading...

2. until i see a scan of the charges filed ALL INFORMATION ON THE CASE IS THIRD HAND and therefore an absolute moot effing point... i'm not calling anybody a liar... i'm saying there is likely MORE TO THIS STORY than just a taillight... (see #1 above) that being said...

3. anybody can sue anybody... tell your friend (if he has money) he can sue... document everything - lost wages, damage to the bike, punative damages... everything... and have his day in court...

i hope everybody appreciates andre3k and the other officers we have here on the board... it's certainly not easy jumpin in on one of these threads... but they're trying to explain how things work for everyone's benefit...

thanks andre3k...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #54
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

And it's the officers word against the supposed lawbreaker....right?

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #55
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
Serious question... you're saying that at some point between the time the officer walks up to your vehicle during the stop and the time that you're in the backseat of the car actually driving to the station, the officer has at some point called in to the DA to see if he's "allowed" to arrest you for what the officer is accusing you of?

If this is the case, I can see it being the officers issue, not the DA. Like Candy said, the DA can only go on what the officer is telling him/her. If the officer is lying, the DA can't know that.

In this case, IF this is what happened, I can see that being the reason why the charges were dropped. After it was looked in to further, the DA realized he had nothing that would hold up in court?

*shrug* Not arguing or anything. Just trying to get a better understanding of how that stuff works (not talking strictly about 'this' situation). I've never been in trouble with the law so I wouldn't know about the officer having to call in to the da before driving away with you in the back (if that's how it works).

Thanks,
Yeah Class B and above charges must be approved by a DA.

Technically anyone can lie to do anything.

I can walk away from my computer right now, go to the narcotics lockbox, check out 2 kilos of cocaine and no one really could do anything about it.

Sure I can go to jail the rest of my life, lose everything I worked hard for, and be Pookie's in jail. But I can do it.

But it aint practical, it aint feasible, and it isn't worth it. So I'm going to go out on a limb and side with the officer and say that he probably didn't lie to the DA. And I don't side with anybody. I'm the first person to say **** the police. Why would I risk my job and my future to put some in jail. It really isn't that serious.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #56
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Just a case of mistaken identity taken too far. I feel for your friend... Was his bike damaged during towing/impound? Some tow truck cats are real crooked cats...
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #57
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
sorry you went through all that candie...

there are a few different topics here - but there are some things in this thread that are really worth knowing:

1. while an officer can ARREST you... it is infact DA approval/involvement that is REQUIRED in order for charges to be filed...

in other words "it ain't just up to the popo" when someone gets C-H-A-R-G-E-D with evading... not just arrested for evading...

2. until i see a scan of the charges filed ALL INFORMATION ON THE CASE IS THIRD HAND and therefore an absolute moot effing point... i'm not calling anybody a liar... i'm saying there is likely MORE TO THIS STORY than just a taillight... (see #1 above) that being said...

3. anybody can sue anybody... tell your friend (if he has money) he can sue... document everything - lost wages, damage to the bike, punative damages... everything... and have his day in court...

i hope everybody appreciates andre3k and the other officers we have here on the board... it's certainly not easy jumpin in on one of these threads... but they're trying to explain how things work for everyone's benefit...

thanks andre3k...

And I agree with you henry. I guess, i'm just trying to understand, just like omega, what warranted the circumstances and how his friend should deal with it.....:dontknow:

Old 03-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #58
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

ok wait hold on, so files charged you need the da approval, the charges were dropped 3 days later, so andre do you need da approval for taking some one to jail or for holding the charges? because he was released 3 days later
Old 03-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #59
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Yeah Class B and above charges must be approved by a DA.
Before they drive away with you in the back, right? Or when you get to the station?

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #60
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

and andrea thanks for taking the time to comment on this seriously

Advertisement