MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #21
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgsxrbob View Post
it dosen't matter they just pile them in & hit the border !!!

yeah with your bike in the bed
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R/C People?? Monster trucks. SupaDupa 600 Off Topic 73 04-30-2013 07:33 PM
Long Bed Crew Cab Trucks? Where??? Mr.P Off Topic 25 12-04-2010 01:26 PM
people with lifted trucks need opinions tonyt915 Off Topic 84 01-19-2010 08:28 AM
We're not even safe in our trucks, anymore. The NERVE of some people. Squoddybody Off Topic 15 06-08-2009 06:09 AM
People that just bought new trucks... Solracer Off Topic 26 05-14-2009 10:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #22
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

i remember riding in the bed of my moms truck from willis to new braunfels. we blew up a few inner tubes and made a game out of trying to keep from flying out. fun fun. now though, not so much. speeds are still the same, but now that I am a parent and I realize how precious life is it is not something i want to risk.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #24
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #25
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

PM PoPo or Andre3k Moe, you should know better than to ask a question like this on the bbs.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #26
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
PM PoPo or Andre3k Moe, you should know better than to ask a question like this on the bbs.
well, the link Dennis posted had the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Department of Pubic Safety
V.T.C.A., Transportation Code 545.414. Riding in Open Beds; Offense

(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates an open-bed pickup truck or an open flatbed truck or draws an open flatbed trailer when a child younger than 18 years of age is occupying the bed of the truck or trailer.

(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $25 or more than $200.

(c) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the person was:

(1) operating or towing the vehicle in a parade or in an emergency;

(2) operating the vehicle to transport farmworkers from one field to another field on a farm-to-market road, ranch-to-market road, or county road outside a municipality;

(3) operating the vehicle on a beach;

(4) operating a vehicle that is the only vehicle owned or operated by members of the household;

(5) or operating the vehicle in a hayride permitted by the governing body of or law enforcement agency of each county or municipality in which the hayride will occur.

(a) Compliance or noncompliance with Subsection (a) is not admissible evidence in a civil trial.

(b) In this section, "household" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.005, Family Code.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #27
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

i think you guys are making this out to be more than it is. we as kids used to ride in teh back of trucks all the time without batting an eye, now we're too scared because of the "what if"? do we not ride motorcycles?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #28
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
well, the link Dennis posted had the answer.
He did, but that was the only contributing post- the rest was nonsense, hence my statement. Moe should have known better because he complains about that (threads not staying on topic).
Old 03-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #29
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
He did, but that was the only contributing post- the rest was nonsense, hence my statement. Moe should have known better because he complains about that (threads not staying on topic).
I'm guilty of that a lot.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #30
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
i think you guys are making this out to be more than it is. we as kids used to ride in teh back of trucks all the time without batting an eye, now we're too scared because of the "what if"? do we not ride motorcycles?
Do we wear gear? We take the risk by riding the MC, but do all we can to avoid a tragedy. If having everyone inside belted up is in any way an option, do it. Saving $50 on gas is NOT worth risking the lives of 8-10 people.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #31
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Do we wear gear? We take the risk by riding the MC, but do all we can to avoid a tragedy. If having everyone inside belted up is in any way an option, do it. Saving $50 on gas is NOT worth risking the lives of 8-10 people.
you're probably right, but sometimes you gotta live a little.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #32
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
you're probably right, but sometimes you gotta live a little.
I don't consider a very uncomfortable 2-4 hour ride living a little, especially not at the risk of dying a lot :/:
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #33
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
gear doesnt make you bullet proof. you fall off taht bike at hwy speeds, youre gonna get hurt badly, possibly killed. belting people up in teh bed of a truck is a very bad idea.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #34
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Speaking of living a little, this reminded me of some funny shife.

In college four of us drove from Kerrville to San Antonio and partied all night. We were in a single cab truck, so when it was time to head home my buddy and I jumped in the bed and with the other two guys in the cab we took of on the hour long trip home.

We were pretty faded and about half way I decided it was time to take a . So I crouched down facing out the back of the truck and tried to over the bed.

At about 70 mph.

It was like throwing a glass of into a wind tunnel.

Tell your buddies not to do this.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #35
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
gear doesnt make you bullet proof. you fall off taht bike at hwy speeds, youre gonna get hurt badly, possibly killed. belting people up in teh bed of a truck is a very bad idea.
That's probably why I would never suggest it.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #36
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
I don't consider a very uncomfortable 2-4 hour ride living a little, especially not at the risk of dying a lot :/:
you know tons of people that died in the back of a truck? cuz i sure dont. :dontknow:
Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #37
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
you know tons of people that died in the back of a truck? cuz i sure dont. :dontknow:
Nope, just one from high school. I'm not sure what spurred the question since I never implied this thogh. I'm sure if everyone I knew that has been in a car accident had someone in the bed of their pickup than yes I would know a lot of folks who died due to riding in the bed. If everybody ignored the risk I'm sure we would hear of a lot more deaths.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #38
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
I dunno. I-10 to SA is a pretty boring ride. Sitting in the bed of the truck with a couple friends, the wind blowing (remember about the ) watching the countryside roll by is pretty fun for me - worth the risk IMO.

You won't be able to hear after three hours in the back of a truck on the interstate tho.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #39
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Well do it your way, there's a very low chance that I know any of them anyways. Have them sign waivers before you leave also. Speed.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #40
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Nope, just one from high school. I'm not sure what spurred the question since I never implied this thogh. I'm sure if everyone I knew that has been in a car accident had someone in the bed of their pickup than yes I would know a lot of folks who died due to riding in the bed. If everybody ignored the risk I'm sure we would hear of a lot more deaths.
lol. isnt that the "Risk" youre talking about? as i said, we used to ride in the bed of trucks all the time, everyone did. have we really come to the point in our lives where we're afraid of our own shadows?

anywho, i say go for it, if they can stand it that long. i rode in the bed of a truck from austin to houston and it got pretty annoying and uncomfortable after the first hour.

Advertisement