MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Stubbs Cycles South West

Yesterday I went into Stubbs Cycles South West to see if they had a part in stock for my Honda CRF100, ofcourse they did'nt had it and gave me the it'll take a week to order it and we need cash up front. (no issues - i understand how the ordering works, having done that myself for 2 shops).

So well I'm exiting I realize how long it took me to get to the counter, with only 2 other customers beside me (it looked as if all 3 of us were forced to wait while the staff was doing something in the back). (still no issues - i understand sometimes things come up).

As i exit I think hey I rode the repsol here, might as well walk up to the service department and see if he can tell me why "horn" does not work and also tell me if the bike's still under warranty - so i do.

I go into the service department and wait patiently, I can see from the door that there are 3 service guys and one guy (probably parts as he had a different color shirt on), all talking. Now mind you, I waited patiently (only customer in service), for about 10 minutes, then i whistled, and from a distance 2 of the guys even saw me and just continued to talk.

After waiting about 22 minutes (yes I counted) while playing a game on my cell phone and listening to the guys talk about how one of them took a guy on his GSXR 750 while the other guy was on his GSXR1000. (during this the guys are talking, giving each other 5s, they did notice me but no body bothered to come up to me).

I finally left after 22 minutes of waiting time, I was very annoyed! Why can't the stealerships maintain a minimum level of customer service? I mean they never even got up and came to me? So forget any other issueS!

I was extrememly and now will make sure to go "out of my way" to post negative about them and also tell all my friends and students not to go to stubbs unless you really really f`ing had to (like how I did).

Do they even have a corporate number? Or someone that can be contacted? I don't wanna bother the BBB, since I'd hate to see motorcycle shops being closed.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stubbs Cycles Now on Facebook! Texmex1 Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 0 10-23-2009 11:58 AM
Stubbs Cycles-Honda Generators Texmex1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-17-2008 02:47 PM
Stubbs Cycles on Telephone Rd. shayshaylaba Events, Meets and Rides 15 09-08-2008 02:41 AM
Welcome Stubbs Cycles! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-19-2008 01:17 PM
Stubbs Cycles buddha429 General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 03-14-2007 07:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Megamerican

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
03 sv650s (sold)

ya i hate stubbs sw took them a month to fix my bike after a lady backed into it, i could have done it myself in probly a week.
Megamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
talk to the general manager of the store and get them back in line.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Shoulda asked to speak with the manager on duty right then and there, before leaving.

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

You don't see that kind of problem in the major Harley shops... funny, huh? Just walk in to Mancuso's on 290 and see what a difference it is.

You're much nicer than I am when I had to go there (I don't have to now, I have a great connection and sponsor). I'd always make a big deal about having to wait and the parts guys that didn't know what they were doing.

I guess I'm not nice.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
You don't see that kind of problem in the major Harley shops... funny, huh? Just walk in to Mancuso's on 290 and see what a difference it is.

You're much nicer than I am when I had to go there (I don't have to now, I have a great connection and sponsor). I'd always make a big deal about having to wait and the parts guys that didn't know what they were doing.

I guess I'm not nice.
LOL

Well I'm really cool headed, its really hard to me off. I have a motto in life - "No use getting /mad about the things you have NO CONTROL over".

Now having said that I did'nt have the time nor patience to wait any longer to talk to the general manager. I just left and will respond the favor by not going there again.

BTW your right about the Harley Davidson stuff, about a week ago I ended up going with my neighbor to the HD place over on 59S (Stafford area), I was amazed how nice and "willing to bend over attitude" they had.

If only we could get half of that for SS dealers.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
LOL

Well I'm really cool headed, its really hard to me off. I have a motto in life - "No use getting /mad about the things you have NO CONTROL over".

Now having said that I did'nt have the time nor patience to wait any longer to talk to the general manager. I just left and will respond the favor by not going there again.

BTW your right about the Harley Davidson stuff, about a week ago I ended up going with my neighbor to the HD place over on 59S (Stafford area), I was amazed how nice and "willing to bend over attitude" they had.

If only we could get half of that for SS dealers.

then we'd all be old farts that talk about our bikes more than we ride em.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #8
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

i only go there to order parts. i always talk to maxine. she's the elderly lady with red hair, she really knows her and always in a good mood.
lbjasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i try to avoid stubbs or shops on 59s.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Vote with your wallet!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

I do all of the Stubbs work, I can get you in touch with Tony, he owns them, I know for a fact he doesnt want to hear this kind of report.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #12
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

OT: Nice avatar scoot.. where did you find that?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

Do a search for Stubb Cycles and I am sure theres more people who had something in common with you and your "wonderful" experience at Stubb Cycles. I will never do business there with those people. I am sure some do their job and are really helpful but the sales people blow and I agree service is slow. They arent nice and ask if you need help or anything. Ill buy my bikes from Freedom Motorsports and get it serviced at Patricks if I cant do it myself.
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #14
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I was lazy and wanted them to do an oil/filter change and mount a rear tire and they told me it would be two weeks before they could even look at the bike.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #15
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I do all of the Stubbs work, I can get you in touch with Tony, he owns them, I know for a fact he doesnt want to hear this kind of report.
That's not the same Tony from Richmond Suzuki is it? I thought that I'd heard Stubbs SW was owned by them now? Before? Sometime?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #16
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
OT: Nice avatar scoot.. where did you find that?
its a drawing called "pepe" from an artist on the HAMB (Hokey Assed Message Board) for some weird reason, I like it lots even though its so wrong.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Do they even have a corporate number? Or someone that can be contacted? I don't wanna bother the BBB, since I'd hate to see motorcycle shops being closed The bbb would never accept a complaint for waiting for someone to help you

Places you might have to wait awhile for help

1. dps
2.post office
3.anything company thats owned by the city or government
4.ez tag store
5.doctors office
6.lowes
7.home depot
8.i can't think of anymore right now, feel free to add more if you like

Last edited by ANTISOCIAL; 03-28-2008 at 04:17 PM.
ANTISOCIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Yesterday I went into Stubbs Cycles South West to see if they had a part in stock for my Honda CRF100, ofcourse they did'nt had it and gave me the it'll take a week to order it and we need cash up front. (no issues - i understand how the ordering works, having done that myself for 2 shops).

So well I'm exiting I realize how long it took me to get to the counter, with only 2 other customers beside me (it looked as if all 3 of us were forced to wait while the staff was doing something in the back). (still no issues - i understand sometimes things come up).

As i exit I think hey I rode the repsol here, might as well walk up to the service department and see if he can tell me why "horn" does not work and also tell me if the bike's still under warranty - so i do.

I go into the service department and wait patiently, I can see from the door that there are 3 service guys and one guy (probably parts as he had a different color shirt on), all talking. Now mind you, I waited patiently (only customer in service), for about 10 minutes, then i whistled, and from a distance 2 of the guys even saw me and just continued to talk.

After waiting about 22 minutes (yes I counted) while playing a game on my cell phone and listening to the guys talk about how one of them took a guy on his GSXR 750 while the other guy was on his GSXR1000. (during this the guys are talking, giving each other 5s, they did notice me but no body bothered to come up to me).

I finally left after 22 minutes of waiting time, I was very annoyed! Why can't the stealerships maintain a minimum level of customer service? I mean they never even got up and came to me? So forget any other issueS!

I was extrememly and now will make sure to go "out of my way" to post negative about them and also tell all my friends and students not to go to stubbs unless you really really f`ing had to (like how I did).

Do they even have a corporate number? Or someone that can be contacted? I don't wanna bother the BBB, since I'd hate to see motorcycle shops being closed.
Frank is running the shop again I'm sure. I talked to him there about a month ago. They got rid of the yahoo a$$ with the gimp leg. Most the service counter peeps are cool, Moe. All the same ones I've known for years and that's from being a Honda man. Business with them on and off and never had any issues.

You my friend are a victim of __________. Call the civil rights peeps.
tschreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #19
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschreck View Post
They got rid of the yahoo a$$ with the gimp leg.
Are you talking about Rick? The guy with the beard and hemi-paresis? He was the only one the knew what the fuc was going on there! If you can't get along with him, you might look in the mirror to find the reason, that dude is straight.

He came from the Telephone Rd store to "fix" the SW store when Stubb's bought it. The turn-around there in parts was incredible, some of the yahoo kids that worked there couldn't help their way out of a paper bag.

If they got rid of him, that was a huge mistake. Now it's official (if that's true), ain't a person in that store that knows WTF is going on now.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Are you talking about Rick? The guy with the beard and hemi-paresis? He was the only one the knew what the fuc was going on there! If you can't get along with him, you might look in the mirror to find the reason, that dude is straight.

He came from the Telephone Rd store to "fix" the SW store when Stubb's bought it. The turn-around there in parts was incredible, some of the yahoo kids that worked there couldn't help their way out of a paper bag.

If they got rid of him, that was a huge mistake. Now it's official (if that's true), ain't a person in that store that knows WTF is going on now.
Tom,

Same ole bunch of employees. It's all the same just like it was before (Rick) came in to turn the atmosphere around. Straight or not that's just the way the cookie crumbles. As for opinions and a$$-holes we all have one. Why they hired Frank back is beyond me if your sayin he's the one who screwed the business up in the first place. I like people I know and the ones that listen. I even like you Tom. Great person! A++
tschreck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement