MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #21
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
Nope no more ninja. lookn at a Gixa sebn fiddy.
ready to step up to a mans bike.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Since it's ride to work day B-Man General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 06-15-2009 02:25 PM
working on bike so i can ride to work got me sick. now i'm missing work, lol loosenoose Off Topic 6 11-27-2008 10:27 AM
RIDE TO WORK? H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 07-24-2007 11:51 PM
anyone off work monday? ride somewhere? Mr. Unassailable Events, Meets and Rides 19 04-16-2007 12:37 AM
ride to work day RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 07-21-2005 05:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #22
Street Ninja
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #23
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
hey sometimes you gotta race !!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #24
bignmz04
My better is better

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
wouldnt that be illegal? an employer cannot tell you what mode of transportation youre allowed to use to get to work.
Not illegal at all. Goes under code of conduct. We are working on a case similar right now. (cannot post details)

Thing to remember is

who owns the parking lot?

"Employee shall represent the company in a positive manner".
Old 03-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #25
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
Not illegal at all. Goes under code of conduct. We are working on a case similar right now. (cannot post details)

Thing to remember is

I don't think he meant ride it like you stole it in the parking lot. And I doubt he was able to hit 153mph in the lot. I agree with your comment if it is on their property. Had a similar case at my last company, guy didn't clock out for lunch, hopped on someone elses dirtbike, said he was a good rider, it was one of the 400+cc bikes, flipped it, and now he is crippled mentally. Has the mentality of an 8 yr old and he is 30. Did it on the clock, in the company's parking lot. But if Azylum is doing this on the street (public property) I think it is illegal to fire him for THAT right? Now I feel they could easily watch him closely, and he better walk a perfect line. Any reason to fire him other than that I would get him. It is a financial risk like said before, and I would look for the first chance to LEGALLY give him the boot. Don't forget Azylum, anything you do to get hurt that causes a major claim raises the cost for insurance for the entire company. And the comment about how he pays for his insurance, he pays a very SMALL percentage of his actual insurance cost. Both sides have a good argument, but yea they should never be able to tell you what you can or can't drive to work.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #26
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
F' em, I ride sane and Nuts out just depends whats blastin through my MP3 player. if they fire you cause your a Financial risk remember that you pay your insurance just like the next guy, They gona fire him too cause he likes Sky Diving? I think jumping out of a perfectly good air plane is the true definition of a Dumb . I got a good lawyer if they pull the trump and Fire you! I would High Chair right next to the HD riders and give em the bird with a smile!

Scratch the last line, But would still be awesome!
TX is a right to work state. They can fire him for any reason at all. And they don't NEED a reason to do it.

He is aking for the rips- he knew they would come, but he was ranting. We all rant, and except for No Fear I'm willing to bet we all speed sometimes- just us smarter ones don't post speeds on this forum.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #27
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE View Post
i dont agree with the racing, but be honest lotta people on here ride like they stole it, but im on ur side dude!! i just dont want to be mean
+1 ive seen many o people get up on thier soap box and preach while on the forums but get them on the street and its a different story....that has been my experiance. Not being hypocritical (sp) is something you dont see alot of.

As for the story i think while showing up to work people see you come and go and if you ride like an it will reflect on the company that hired you to represent them. I know personaly people have mentioned that they have seen me on the road in and around work. only negative comment i got was where i parked and im sorry but i dont want my stolen so ill park it where its safe.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #28
KMFT
WHLS UP

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

Too many hypocrites on this board acting liek theyve never done anything wrong.

Trackwhores included.

I went 173 the other day...how bout that, ?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #29
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFT View Post
Too many hypocrites on this board acting liek theyve never done anything wrong.

Trackwhores included.

I went 173 the other day...how bout that, ?
I don't think that is the point. I don't think anyone on here is saying they are perfect riders. The point is he is openly talking about acting irresponsible on the road AND complaining that his employer has a problem with it. Its not OK to race ninjas at 153mph, whether anyone has done it or not. And it is OK for his employer to be concerned.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #30
eyefull
Crash Test Dummy

Bike(s):
'01 SV & '07 R6

I think the real issue is that some people are acting crazy and doing things that are illegal in front of the place of business. The only rational thing to do is talk with the police and inform them of this issue. Whether they work for the company or not doesn't matter.

But a company saying you cannot ride to work, I do not think that is legal. It is a legal road vehicle. They don't have to provide separate parking but most will just to cut down on the one bike, one space thing.
eyefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:04 AM   #31
KMFT
WHLS UP

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
I don't think that is the point. I don't think anyone on here is saying they are perfect riders. The point is he is openly talking about acting irresponsible on the road AND complaining that his employer has a problem with it. Its not OK to race ninjas at 153mph, whether anyone has done it or not. And it is OK for his employer to be concerned.
What a person does on a public freeway is of no concern to his employer. Is he on company time? No.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #32
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I'll be waiting for his RIP thread.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #33
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post

Thing to remember is

Can you show me where in the code of conduct is says that it is not illegal to tell someone what they can drive to work? Unless they are going to provide vehicles or reinbursments, then I don't see where they can tell them not to ride their bikes anymore. He did not act an on the companies property nor when he parks his bike to get into work. Or does he?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #34
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

Dang..I got ripped... so what if I speed, pop wheelies and race, burn out..its not on company time or near it.... its just me, say what u want, im being honest. A lot of ppl on this forum are the same way..... to each his own, we all love riding. Some like cruising, others like racing, others like leaning on curves.... as long as ur careful, I hope the best for all on here who ride.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #35
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Dang..I got ripped... so what if I speed, pop wheelies and race, burn out..its not on company time or near it.... its just me, say what u want, im being honest. A lot of ppl on this forum are the same way..... to each his own, we all love riding. Some like cruising, others like racing, others like leaning on curves.... as long as ur careful, I hope the best for all on here who ride.
let he with out sin cast the first stone..........

that doesnt really apply on here though

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #36
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
The only difference between you and "some of them" is that you're not scared to say how you ride.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #37
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFT View Post
What a person does on a public freeway is of no concern to his employer. Is he on company time? No.
Agree, you are missing my point. If you were an employer that was having to pay for his insurance, would you not be concerned about the financial burden if (or going by the saying its not if you go down, but when) or when he goes down you will be liable? They have no right to tell him what he can or cannot drive. And they can't control what he does off company property, but he has made it known to enough people that the employer found out, he IS in fact being irresponsible. I don't blame them for being concerned. They get to shell out thousands of dollars to protect his well being while he is out doing this. I'm just showing both sides. I myself have done the same thing, doesn't make it right.

Quote:
I'm just saying they have a right to be concerned due to the financial side. Not that they have a right to take any kind of action.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #38
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Dang..I got ripped... so what if I speed, pop wheelies and race, burn out..its not on company time or near it.... its just me, say what u want, im being honest. A lot of ppl on this forum are the same way..... to each his own, we all love riding.
I'd imagine it's the fact they know your on the same streets as them, acting an , putting them at potential additional risk.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #39
KMFT
WHLS UP

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Agree, you are missing my point. If you were an employer that was having to pay for his insurance, would you not be concerned about the financial burden if (or going by the saying its not if you go down, but when) or when he goes down you will be liable? They have no right to tell him what he can or cannot drive. And they can't control what he does off company property, but he has made it known to enough people that the employer found out, he IS in fact being irresponsible. I don't blame them for being concerned. They get to shell out thousands of dollars to protect his well being while he is out doing this. I'm just showing both sides. I myself have done the same thing, doesn't make it right.
Thats not thier right to be concerned about what he does on his own time. He pays a premium monthly for the insurance I'm sure. I doubt there is any legal action that could be taken in a case like this. I passed my boss at 110 jacked up on a 3rd gear staggered a few weeks back....
Old 03-28-2008, 09:11 AM   #40
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

There is no question about it, it is your employers parking lot, building, and image. If they don't want bikes, riders, Harley image, big monster 4x4 trucks, or drag racers then they don't have to have them. They can tell you what you can and can't bring into the parking lot and if you can be employed by them and the image that they want from you.
They can cut your medical benifits and insurance b/c of your off time activities.
They can tell you not to ride your vehicle (bike, truck, race car, etc.) to their establishment and then fire you if you do. They can tell you to cut your hair and cover your tats and then fire you if you don't.

Your options are simply whether or not you work (and represent) that company.

Advertisement