Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #41
Holy Smokes!
Feedback Rating: (4)

let me get on my soap box....

I think we need more cops writing tickets and more cops available for calls. I also believe we should double their pay and I am an advocate for additional training resources for the officers. We should also have the best resources available to officers who are injured or are lost in the line of work and for the families of those officers.

I will be running for mayor in the future for those who would like to join my campaign.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Light Cameras Returning NgaWhat Off Topic 182 10-24-2011 02:59 PM
RED LIGHT CAMERAS GONE! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 89 11-04-2010 05:06 PM
Geesh.... Red Light Cameras tarosean General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 08-06-2008 11:25 PM
if you think red light cameras are bad... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-29-2007 11:48 AM
caught on red light cameras bigjay77 Off Topic 18 05-23-2007 11:02 PM
Old 03-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #42
Feedback Rating: (0)

99' CBR 600F4

Whoa Thanks Daytona for the soap box.

I've been given warnings multiple times. It was then when i realized that giving out tickets wasnt the sole purpose in life for HPD. I've even gotten to know a few HPD and know they do more than shoot lasers at people.

Thanks for what you do.

Thank you in advance for all the "warnings" you will give to other riders out there...
Blippin-Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #43

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Here's some interesting info:
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #44
It is what it is..

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
Originally Posted by Daytona_Rider View Post
ok... just read the rest of the thread and realized that like 5 people already said the bit about the emissions..tried to edit and take mine out but wouldn't let me.... so sorry for the repetitive junk.

*now lemme get on my soapbox for a sec*

as for about "that's all we need...more police writing tickets instead of protecting our homes and businesses." all i can say is that you are making blind assumptions as to what we do. everyone thinks all we do is write tickets because that is one of the most visible parts of our job. we write a ticket on the freeway and thousands of people see it....we respond to a lady who got stabbed by her husband (just like last night) and only four people see it. people only tend to make assumptions based on what they see in a few instances instead of on what the reality is. most people on this forum lead a sheltered life as to what really happens in the city of houston. most don't have to worry about getting shot in their apt complex or getting car jacked in their driveway....instead they just about getting a speeding ticket or whatever...EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE SPEEDING.

but what can i say... nothing will change the opinion of those that think all we do is write tickets to generate revenue. which is an idiotic idea that someone writing $200 tickets is needed to generated revenue for the fourth largest city in the U.S. with a budget in the BILLIONS of dollars.

but i've said before, to each his own. I'll be the first to admit that there are some Cops in all the different Departments. But HPD has 5000 officers, HCSO has 4500 or so, plus all the find me ONE organization with that many employees that doesn't have any subpar people working for them... it's not possible.

Hate the Cops or Love the Cops... i'll still come when you need me and i'll still do everything i can to help you and to help keep your neighborhod safe.

*steps off soapbox*
Great speech... So back on topic about this information. Do you think the 5 million will be used for Law Enforcement? Maybe the money can be used to add more HPD Officers to the force. What about cameras on the Highways and Beltways? It's been done in Europe already. Not the Autobahn but here I'm sure all the major freeways will be considered like 59 Southwest first since that's where most the active cameras are now. Just like all the red light runners and major accidents according to the data that's collected.

America is not the same country it was in the 70's and with the population growth and issues dealing with the public and politics I can understand way our city has changed to these drastic steps.

I'm also a Victim of a Red Light runners from 2 seperate accidents. One of the drivers was drunk with no insurance and the other driver fell asleep at 50mph.

So for all you who really think this is a bad idea then move somewhere like Montgomery County but I'm sure they'll be soon to follow.
tschreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #45

06 SV650

I have mixed feelings about this. I do not mind red light cameras, but what I don't like is the gradualism behind it. As previously stated, first red light cameras, then what? Speed cameras? Then what? States controlling my thermostat in my home (like suggested in Cali)? Then what? Cameras in my home making sure I'm not doing something wrong? Transponder on my car to tell how fast I go, where I go, and how frequently I go there?

There's too many what if's here. I feel that soon enough we won't even be able to breathe with out consent and I will fight however I need to in oder to ensure freedom for myself, my children, their children, etc.

So anyway, red light cameras aren't that evil, it's just what is to follow after them, IMO.

This is straight from webster:
1. the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
2. exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
3. the power to determine action without restraint.
4. political or national independence.
5. personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom.
6. exemption from the presence of anything specified (usually fol. by from): freedom from fear.
7. the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc.
8. ease or facility of movement or action: to enjoy the freedom of living in the country.
9. frankness of manner or speech.
10. general exemption or immunity: freedom from taxation.
11. the absence of ceremony or reserve.
12. a liberty taken.
13. a particular immunity or privilege enjoyed, as by a city or corporation: freedom to levy taxes.
14. civil liberty, as opposed to subjection to an arbitrary or despotic government.

How are we free if big brother is always watching us and taking measures to control our actions? With freedom comes responsibility, yes, but soon enough, at this current rate, we won't even have the choice.

Just my .02.
"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error." -Andrew Jackson
JSki is offline   Reply With Quote