MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #121
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
Hey, I respect your philosophy - it's my opinion that it's a sour way to respond to every wreck thread they post in. I guess I should have the right to post my opinion about how negatively this reflects on the board, the attitude, and the person in pain who asked for support.

I'm certain you will agree that along with my opinion, I summed up the collection of many people who wrote similar responses - and certainly you wouldn't suppress that right?

And he may ignore my post too - that's ok with me too!

I think it's sour and just doesn't belong, and I think it's disrespectful to the group. If I ever wreck and die, I hope people don't pre-judge me and lambast my life choices all over the place, possibly never having known me. I hope that people will simply feel badly for me and my family and pray that everyone can have the strength to get past through the torture of a tragedy like this one.

It is simply not in anyone's best interest to act that way, regardless (that's my opinion again...) If he doesn't like it, then he can change the way he posts. Otherwise, how about the admins keeping this GREAT site focused on positive measured and helpful forum comments?

I understand where you are coming from, but hes old. and hes seen WAY too many wrecks caused by the same reason. The more he sees, the more cynical it makes him...and me...and many others. , Im not as old as him and Im starting to see his point of view more and more.

If I wreck and die while doing something idiotic like say, wheelieing in traffic next to a school bus full of kids, then by all means, I HOPE someone sees how stupid it was of me to do and call me out on it so that other people twill take notice(which is what hes trying to accomplish)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new rider wrecked his bicycle :( paniro187 Off Topic 20 03-08-2015 05:03 PM
So i wrecked on crab river road today... That1WhiteGuy General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 12-20-2010 11:43 PM
Back from the dead.... htwnzbad1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 06-29-2007 04:59 PM
Wrecked my back.. vicalma03 General Discussion (Moto Related) 75 05-31-2007 06:21 AM
wrecked... broke wrist and bad road rash sipynsyrup General Discussion (Moto Related) 73 08-31-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #122
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

I couldn't agree more - old people do get more cynical and negative - but it's important to remember as leaders, teachers and mentors, there is a time and place, and maybe a little nicer way to write comments sometimes - it's important to be able to retain the honor and respect that no doubt he has commanded in the past. For me, my exposure is tainted by his responses so far on this site - and takes away from whatever past he has to his credit, should I meet him some day.

And let me say for the record - what an idiotic thing that rider was doing when and where, and with what lack of judgment he used, but I still feel badly for him, his friend, and his family, and pray for them all - and that should be the sentiment. It may be just a matter of tone, and timing.

Kids will push back from bad tone, cynical responses, and will feel stronger about their position, which would be a negative effect. Constructive accurate measured criticism would be more helpful.

"Whadya bet alkie was involved?" is not constructive accurate measured criticism.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #123
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
I couldn't agree more - old people do get more cynical and negative - but it's important to remember as leaders, teachers and mentors, there is a time and place, and maybe a little nicer way to write comments sometimes - it's important to be able to retain the honor and respect that no doubt he has commanded in the past. For me, my exposure is tainted by his responses so far on this site - and takes away from whatever past he has to his credit, should I meet him some day.

And let me say for the record - what an idiotic thing that rider was doing when and where, and with what lack of judgment he used, but I still feel badly for him, his friend, and his family, and pray for them all - and that should be the sentiment. It may be just a matter of tone, and timing.

Kids will push back from bad tone, cynical responses, and will feel stronger about their position, which would be a negative effect. Constructive accurate measured criticism would be more helpful.

"Whadya bet alkie was involved?" is not constructive accurate measured criticism.
Some intelligent responses! I like! Any more of you around?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #124
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

^ yes

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #125
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

damm the reality!

i guess you didn't see the poll where something like 30% of the riders of this forum admitted to drinking and riding.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #126
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

i do every day.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #127
Liqued600RR

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Honda cbr 600 rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
^ yes
286 to go do it at 4am !
Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #128
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Maybe so Racer X - and you might be right - at 2:30a you are possibly right. Still makes for a negative, cynical, suspicious, assumptive and basically unsound accusation without knowing the facts. It's unsound and bitter and just doesn't need to be. And where is what you need to feel which is sorrow for someone getting killed? I mean come on... There might be a reason to still to feel sorry for the guy... who knows what led up to the incident?

Compassion for others is probably the highest form of grace.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #129
Knightrider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
RIP...and incase it hasnt been said (dont feel like goin through 7 pages to find out) this happened on Telge
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #130
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Prayers for the fallen - for the families - and for the other rider who hopefully will learn something here.

on Ulric and Racer X - This PERSON deserves the respect of any person who has not intentionally harmed another person.

Take the blame, bad decisions, and the sport out of the picture, and reveal the truth. What place is it of yours to be such jerks about a request for prayers for the obvious mistake that resulted in tragedy? It doesn't matter what the cause is - it's still a tragedy that should bring community together, not provide you with fodder for accusations. Unless I know that you have never once broken a law on the road, you have no place at all to make this pain worse by your hurtful comments.

I have only been a member here for a short time, and have already realized a pattern here - and it's an unfortunate one.

So we all agree riding that fast on a dark unknown street is probably not a good idea. Ok - get past that - it's still a tragedy. You don't know what caused the accident, and even if you did, are you really that interested in being so heartless as to him already? GEEZ!!! It's already clear it was a mistake. They will have to deal with that on their own.

You should be praying for everyone involved for their hearts and the pain they are all inevitably suffering, and pray for the fallen rider that he is taken to a safer place.

And if you don't pray, then SHUT THE UP - This is not your thread then... He's already paid the price for stupidity - let it go for now.

Hey - I'm sure you two guys are probably decent people - but as you can tell - NOBODY appreciates these kinds of comments on these kinds of posts. There is another time and place, dudes...
Let me make this one simple, go flock yourself pyro... Read the first post, show me the OP saying anything other than a heads up. The 'prayer' request comes from someone else's myspace.

Quote:
"This PERSON deserves the respect of any person who has not intentionally harmed another person."
Here's another thing for you.. I thank that only these two were hurt or injured and they didn't directly involve anyone else. Yes the family is suffering...and it's the actions of the riders that caused it, not me...not racer or any of you.
Go read my posts again, I feel for the family and friends...but I'm not going to candy things for someone. I've had my wrecks and I've come here and on other forums and stated the things I did wrong. You're right, I'm not perfect...don't claim to be, but I own up to my riding errors and point them out hoping at least one person will remember and avoid the same.

So having said that...

Quote:
And if you don't pray, then SHUT THE UP - This is not your thread then... He's already paid the price for stupidity - let it go for now.
it's not your thread either, it's not anyones...except perhaps Sol's, being his site and all. Don't like my words, don't read em. Close your eyes, cover your ears and chant 'nanana I cant hear you' all you want. Here's a key, as you admitted yourself... you haven't been here that long.
Go find some old posts... find the accident where one of the members here, went outside the lane. No big deal, until you find out he hit another coming from the opposite direction. It only killed himself, the other rider and put the innocent pillion in the hospital... and the first posts on this forum where about the rider, no thought for the guy on the other bike or his pillion.

How many people here have been hit by a motorcycle at 80mph+?
How many of have had someone plant themselves into your trunk trying to do a stopppie?

I've had both. I like to ride but I don't like having to worry about idiots on bikes along with the idiots in 'cages'.
It's cold, but it's a fact it's one less 'danger' that I have to worry about the next time I get out on the road.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #131
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Let me make this one simple, go flock yourself pyro... Read the first post, show me the OP saying anything other than a heads up. The 'prayer' request comes from someone else's myspace.

Here's another thing for you.. I thank that only these two were hurt or injured and they didn't directly involve anyone else. Yes the family is suffering...and it's the actions of the riders that caused it, not me...not racer or any of you.
Go read my posts again, I feel for the family and friends...but I'm not going to candy things for someone. I've had my wrecks and I've come here and on other forums and stated the things I did wrong. You're right, I'm not perfect...don't claim to be, but I own up to my riding errors and point them out hoping at least one person will remember and avoid the same.

So having said that...

it's not your thread either, it's not anyones...except perhaps Sol's, being his site and all. Don't like my words, don't read em. Close your eyes, cover your ears and chant 'nanana I cant hear you' all you want. Here's a key, as you admitted yourself... you haven't been here that long.
Go find some old posts... find the accident where one of the members here, went outside the lane. No big deal, until you find out he hit another coming from the opposite direction. It only killed himself, the other rider and put the innocent pillion in the hospital... and the first posts on this forum where about the rider, no thought for the guy on the other bike or his pillion.

How many people here have been hit by a motorcycle at 80mph+?
How many of have had someone plant themselves into your trunk trying to do a stopppie?

I've had both. I like to ride but I don't like having to worry about idiots on bikes along with the idiots in 'cages'.
It's cold, but it's a fact it's one less 'danger' that I have to worry about the next time I get out on the road.
BTW, His name was Roger and both pilots were killed on the spot, the passenger was hospitallized.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #132
BrutusTx

Member Garage

RIP.......no mattter WHO was at fault.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #133
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
BTW, His name was Roger and both pilots were killed on the spot, the passenger was hospitallized.
I was hoping the searchers, would get a better idea the number of RIP threads that have been posted if the search took a little more work, but thanks C.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:54 AM   #134
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Compassion for others is probably the highest form of grace.
here's a hint: those who i deem deserve compassion get it from me. just cuz you have a diff value system doesn't mean i have to comply w/ yours.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:32 AM   #135
Polo1000RR

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Do I feel for their families, yep. Do I hope they were/are not on this forum?Most friggin definitly. Will I use this thread to make a point... yes, until some people start waking up.

Does 'speed' kill? No, but mistakes do...and the faster your going the faster and harder those mistakes bite you in the .
Thats fine but you never expressed any grief for the friends and family, the first thing out of your mouth is something negative>

Thats my point Racer X you don't have to respect the bad decision but it's not his parent's and friends fault. they are still hear and feel the pain!!

SO to come right out the gate with a bad attitude about it like you have never made a mistake on two wheels is retarded! And I don't care if you have never made a mistake that dumb, nobody is perfect!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:42 AM   #136
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

I couldn't agree more - old people do get more cynical and negative

Not really - we just grow weary of seeing young people needlessly end their life prematurely by doing incredibly foolish acts that if go wrong - GO REALLY WRONG.

We know what pain it causes parents, family and friends when this happens and it hurts us because it didn't have to happen.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 AM   #137
Polo1000RR

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
I couldn't agree more - old people do get more cynical and negative

Not really - we just grow weary of seeing young people needlessly end their life prematurely by doing incredibly foolish acts that if go wrong - GO REALLY WRONG.

We know what pain it causes parents, family and friends when this happens and it hurts us because it didn't have to happen.
Yeah I agree, stuff like this is really sad! I have been lucky more than once from dumb choices and I have learned from them! There IS a time and a place for speed and stunting!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #138
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Hey guys - you don't have to change anything. Be however you want.

But if you're going to on the board with cycnicism and 'weariness' and be instantly negative and assumptive - then you can expect people to react to you negatively - and I certainly will, as others have in this thread and others. Certainly you've noticed a pattern by now - I know I have.

I really don't expect that you are a bad person - I really don't know you. I'm not suggesting you change your thought process either. Everybody thinks thost things anyway - but it's what you make public that can either be caring or mean - I'm only commenting on your post because I think it could be more constructive and helpful instead.

I suggest creating a sticky post documenting the FACTS involved with wreck history - the situation, the concern and the way to avoid such mistakes - as a learning tool. Without names (as that's really unnecessary) - a documentation of mistakes people have made, including drinking and riding. This would take your concern for welfare of your students, and make it into something that could be a very helpful resource. (If you are trying to help others, especially the younger, 'invincibles', who need to learn to control themselves.)

Maybe this site becomes a repository for all motorcycle wreck histories - I know I'd like to study others' accidents so I can be more prepared to avoid them! (Seriously) even if the cause is stupidity, like in this case...

>>> Turn that frown upside down, Ulric! >>>>

Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #139
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo1000RR View Post
Thats fine but you never expressed any grief for the friends and family, the first thing out of your mouth is something negative>

SO to come right out the gate with a bad attitude about it like you have never made a mistake on two wheels is retarded! And I don't care if you have never made a mistake that dumb, nobody is perfect!
Truth hurts and reality bites... there are mistakes in a vehicle and then there are mistakes.
...and I work real hard to avoid mistakes that potentially put others at risk.

Go look at that sticky of Racers... count the accidents and then how many days into the year we've made...and 'silly season', aka 'spring' just started a week ago.
Wait, let me do that... 45 'wrecks' in 87 days.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #140
Polo1000RR

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
Hey guys - you don't have to change anything. Be however you want.

But if you're going to on the board with cycnicism and 'weariness' and be instantly negative and assumptive - then you can expect people to react to you negatively - and I certainly will, as others have in this thread and others. Certainly you've noticed a pattern by now - I know I have.

I really don't expect that you are a bad person - I really don't know you. I'm not suggesting you change your thought process either. Everybody thinks thost things anyway - but it's what you make public that can either be caring or mean - I'm only commenting on your post because I think it could be more constructive and helpful instead.

I suggest creating a sticky post documenting the FACTS involved with wreck history - the situation, the concern and the way to avoid such mistakes - as a learning tool. Without names (as that's really unnecessary) - a documentation of mistakes people have made, including drinking and riding. This would take your concern for welfare of your students, and make it into something that could be a very helpful resource. (If you are trying to help others, especially the younger, 'invincibles', who need to learn to control themselves.)

Maybe this site becomes a repository for all motorcycle wreck histories - I know I'd like to study others' accidents so I can be more prepared to avoid them! (Seriously) even if the cause is stupidity, like in this case...

>>> Turn that frown upside down, Ulric! >>>>
+1 It's all about the attitude who are we to judge!

Advertisement