MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #41
moto
03 r6 limited

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3ph3n
2nd gear = 25-30 mph, 3rd gear = 45-50 mph

:confused1 , i usually bring it up anywhere between 35 and 50 in second gear but thats sit downs.... im usually around 60-70 when i try third gear but cant get it to come up (sitting)....
moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rode 3090 for the first time R1Rider2009 Events, Meets and Rides 61 08-01-2010 12:59 AM
2nd gear Issues Reemdog General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 05-25-2010 01:46 PM
Shifting to 2nd gear.... Ares General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 10-15-2009 11:19 PM
Its hot so I rode without my gear and..... MudBug Off Topic 59 06-24-2009 09:51 PM
Rode on 149 for the first time!!... Tiz Cruisers Lounge 46 01-23-2007 12:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #42
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T
yea i cant get my bike to come up sitting down in 3rd either. But sitdowns suck anyways.
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #43
stuntrida254

Bike(s):
95 gixxer 750

Send a message via AIM to stuntrida254
DO YALL STAND UP ON THE FROTN PEGS, THE SEAT RO WUT...IM NEW AT THIS BUT I CANT REALLY GET SITTIN DOWN (IM ALSO A BIG GUY) I THINK IF I STAND IN SECOND MAYBE I CAN GET IT
stuntrida254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #44
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntrida254
DO YALL STAND UP ON THE FROTN PEGS, THE SEAT RO WUT...IM NEW AT THIS BUT I CANT REALLY GET SITTIN DOWN (IM ALSO A BIG GUY) I THINK IF I STAND IN SECOND MAYBE I CAN GET IT
stuntrida stand where ever you feel comfortable while standing up.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #45
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Just lean back more man it will come up if your at least on a ss600. JUst keep practicing and dont loop it..
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #46
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
Just lean back more man it will come up if your at least on a ss600. JUst keep practicing and dont loop it..
well depends on how big of a guy he is. but if he aint pushin 3plus it should come up.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #47
stuntrida254

Bike(s):
95 gixxer 750

Send a message via AIM to stuntrida254
naw man im like 240 but i tried standin on the seat and i just freaked out but i think im startin to get it thanks for the help
Old 10-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #48
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

standing on the seat?? do you mean stand up off the seat as in your is off the seat?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 AM   #49
ipimp

Member Garage

Man 3rd gear wheelies yeah those are great till you go slidding accros the pavement like I did but hey it was one of a ride hahahahaha :laughing6

King I do not disagree with your advise I think you are right on.
For whoever said get 2nd gear down and then you can get 1st yeah thats not a good way to do it because you are use to the way the bike responds in 2nd on freeway with wind assistance you do not get that the same in 1st it is tourque of the bike that you have to manage and if you try first the same as you do second you will probably loop it. King is right first is for slow but it also helps with learning how the bike comes up and the feel of where it starts to get light and float at balance point. I'm still chaising that on slow .....but just giving my 2 cents because I have looped like 3 times and don't want to see newbies that are just having fun do it. Now if you want to parking lot stunt you will be going slow and get use to crashing hahahaha :BangHead:

Advertisement